Automotive

RFD’s all time favourite beige Corolla model and beer cans :-)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 7:11 pm
17 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1386 posts
1421 upvotes
ON
How stupid you have to be to drive with a suspended license when you have a licensed passenger with you.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15095 upvotes
I seen this article but I have no idea how he's charged with unsecured load? All the load is in his car, it's not like he had it open in the bed of a pickup truck with no tailgate or something. Don't think that charge is gonna stick. The drive while suspended though...I guess we can infer what the suspension was for, lol.

If he had dark tinted windows or had a vehicle with no windows, this wouldn't be considered "unsecured" at all, provided it was all inside the vehicle. I guess maybe he had nothing preventing the cans from coming forward, in the event of harder braking...

Also the car seems to be missing its licence plate, what's up with that?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5045 posts
2734 upvotes
GTA
Beige corolla... whodathunkit.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12998 posts
7108 upvotes
Ewwww, even when I take a tied-up bag of cans back to the beer store, all the way in the back, it still stinks.

I can't imagine the smell in that car.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9501 posts
7891 upvotes
Kitchener
How is this an "insecure load"??? Seriously???
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2377 posts
1854 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
ES_Revenge wrote: I seen this article but I have no idea how he's charged with unsecured load? All the load is in his car, it's not like he had it open in the bed of a pickup truck with no tailgate or something. Don't think that charge is gonna stick. The drive while suspended though...I guess we can infer what the suspension was for, lol.

If he had dark tinted windows or had a vehicle with no windows, this wouldn't be considered "unsecured" at all, provided it was all inside the vehicle. I guess maybe he had nothing preventing the cans from coming forward, in the event of harder braking...

Also the car seems to be missing its licence plate, what's up with that?
If that load of beer cans shifts/flies around the cabin and in any way interferes with the operator’s ability to control the vehicle it’s considered an insecure load.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
2964 posts
1539 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Love how much the article emphasizes that the main problem is the inability to use the rear view mirror. Face With Tears Of Joy

No, the main issue is the cans falling forward and interfering with the driver. A lack of rear view is meh.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26003 posts
10706 upvotes
Socially Distanced
The main question here is why.

And only the owner can answer that though we can speculate till the drunk cows come home.

BTW was the trunk also full of cans?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2588 posts
1492 upvotes
Ontario
I can smell it from here, ew...
·Ï¢årµ§·
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1386 posts
1421 upvotes
ON
ES_Revenge wrote: Also the car seems to be missing its licence plate, what's up with that?
Perhaps it’s a photoshop to hide the plates in the news article.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1386 posts
1421 upvotes
ON
I also have to wonder what was in the trunk....maybe more beer cans? It would be most comical if the trunk was empty.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
1051 posts
824 upvotes
should have taken 2 or 3 trips
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15095 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Ewwww, even when I take a tied-up bag of cans back to the beer store, all the way in the back, it still stinks.

I can't imagine the smell in that car.
Always rinse your cans/bottles out or for sure they will start stinking--beer rots relatively quickly. Now certainly I don't think this guy rinses out his cans, but just a tip.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12998 posts
7108 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Always rinse your cans/bottles out or for sure they will start stinking--beer rots relatively quickly. Now certainly I don't think this guy rinses out his cans, but just a tip.
I do the first few each night........ Then, well you know.
Last edited by Gutty96 on Aug 10th, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15095 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: If that load of beer cans shifts/flies around the cabin and in any way interferes with the operator’s ability to control the vehicle it’s considered an insecure load.
Yeah I think that's the main problem but as someone else mentioned the article doesn't really stress that point, it talks about nonsense instead lol. It does say they continued on with the other driver at the helm and with the load "secured" which means they probably sandwiched some cardboard or something between the rear and the front.
Quentin5 wrote: The main question here is why.

And only the owner can answer that though we can speculate till the drunk cows come home.

BTW was the trunk also full of cans?
Oh yeah for sure that trunk was jam packed with cans and/or bottles, lol. The why is also answered easily--return cans for...beer money :lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1386 posts
1421 upvotes
ON
Someone commented on the news article:

I believe I saw this woman at the marina's recycling bins, right by our family's cottage a few weeks ago just north of Peterborough. She was jamming hundreds of dollars of cans and cases of wine bottles into her Corolla, exactly like the one in the picture. Kinda felt sorry for her at the time...now I'm thinking she's recklessly driving all over Ontario picking up liquor containers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)