Sports & Recreation

RFD Cycling Thread [OFFICIAL]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 8:25 am
Sep 27, 2003
10212 posts
2753 upvotes
Newmarket
Gabriella wrote: I had to check. It’s SLX on the sticker.
Very nice! Upgraded butting all around, definitely a "racers frame" of the time.
RFD Forums Moderator
Mar 8, 2004
581 posts
148 upvotes
Anyone holding out for a Canyon and for them to come to Canada in the spring? If you haven't already, sign up for their newsletter. Nothing I've seen so far.

It looks like their MY 2021's are coming out by end of October for everywhere except Canada. I'd be curious if they refresh the Endurace as it's due for an update.
Sep 27, 2003
10212 posts
2753 upvotes
Newmarket
Gabriella wrote: Anyone holding out for a Canyon and for them to come to Canada in the spring? If you haven't already, sign up for their newsletter. Nothing I've seen so far.

It looks like their MY 2021's are coming out by end of October for everywhere except Canada. I'd be curious if they refresh the Endurace as it's due for an update.
I'd definitely consider it!
RFD Forums Moderator
Nov 21, 2008
716 posts
176 upvotes
Gabriella wrote: Is that $99 per tire in GTA? Yes I’m looking at both probikeit and CRC. All others are roughly double the price even consisting customs and duty.
probikeit no longer has free shipping to Canada.

I am looking to buy GP5000s before next season but am waiting for them to bring back the free shipping or a hot deal.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5227 posts
1922 upvotes
Debtario
Is there any way to save this tire? I was riding along and heard tapping, thought there was some tar or something stuck to my tire, stopped and saw this.

Took the tire off once I walked home and looks like I have a pinhole puncture, though I didn't lose air pressure.

If I need a new tire, any recommendation on tires and tubes, where I can buy them? This is a kenda courier 700 x 38 . Rather not deal with my LBS, they were snobby last time I came in with a Costco bike.
Images
  • 20200913_170059.jpg
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1157 posts
176 upvotes
GTA
Hi
I am looking to buy a Lezyne light kit. So far looks like Probikekit pricing seem a bit more reasonable, but main concern is not knowing how much duties/customs I'll be charged.
Are there other places RFD would recommend?
Thanks in advance.
Sep 27, 2003
10212 posts
2753 upvotes
Newmarket
sunnycnm5 wrote: probikeit no longer has free shipping to Canada.

I am looking to buy GP5000s before next season but am waiting for them to bring back the free shipping or a hot deal.
Until Customs / CP can get their shit together, you likely won't see the return of (useful) free shipping.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3571 posts
1374 upvotes
Mississauga
Maelstrom wrote: Hi
I am looking to buy a Lezyne light kit. So far looks like Probikekit pricing seem a bit more reasonable, but main concern is not knowing how much duties/customs I'll be charged.
Are there other places RFD would recommend?
Thanks in advance.
Merlin, CRC or Wiggle all let you pre select duties paid at checkout. No surprises, few days at your door.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1157 posts
176 upvotes
GTA
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Merlin, CRC or Wiggle all let you pre select duties paid at checkout. No surprises, few days at your door.
Thanks for the info.
I just tried Wiggle and couldn't find an option to include pre-paid duties.
Any idea where is that?
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13047 posts
7120 upvotes
Toronto
M1K3Z0R wrote: Is there any way to save this tire? I was riding along and heard tapping, thought there was some tar or something stuck to my tire, stopped and saw this.

Took the tire off once I walked home and looks like I have a pinhole puncture, though I didn't lose air pressure.

If I need a new tire, any recommendation on tires and tubes, where I can buy them? This is a kenda courier 700 x 38 . Rather not deal with my LBS, they were snobby last time I came in with a Costco bike.
Edit:

Sorry, tire is done
Last edited by Swerny on Sep 22nd, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 22, 2017
310 posts
200 upvotes
GTA
PM if anyone wants ASSOS evo7 knee warmer (size I) for cheap. Pickup in GTA. Worn twice. Too big for me.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5227 posts
1922 upvotes
Debtario
Swerny wrote: You don’t need a new tire, you may need a new tube

Pull the tack out, if the tire goes flat then you can either patch the tube or replace it
There is no tack, it's the tire bulging. I cant find a hole in the tire itself, only a tiny needle sized hole in the tube.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Jul 7, 2005
922 posts
122 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: Is there any way to save this tire? I was riding along and heard tapping, thought there was some tar or something stuck to my tire, stopped and saw this.

https://bicicletta.cc/collections/wheel ... bicicletta
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1016 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N7X ... th=1&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/Schwalbe-Marathon ... th=1&psc=1

There could be more on Amazon,

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)