Automotive

RFD Official Detailing Thread - Post all Detailing/Paint Related Questions here!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2022 9:54 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5365 posts
997 upvotes
just ordered my foam cannon. planning to get the honeydew snow foam.

http://www.eshine.ca/chemical_guys_hone ... .php?cat=9

I have a quick question. It says the dilution is 1:1100 (1 oz to 5 gallons). If I were using it on a foam cannon, would I use the same dilution ratio? That would literally be like a drop of it in the 32 oz foam cannon bottle...

Also anyone have any other suggestions for what soap to use with the foam cannon?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17713 posts
8438 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: just ordered my foam cannon. planning to get the honeydew snow foam.

http://www.eshine.ca/chemical_guys_hone ... .php?cat=9

I have a quick question. It says the dilution is 1:1100 (1 oz to 5 gallons). If I were using it on a foam cannon, would I use the same dilution ratio? That would literally be like a drop of it in the 32 oz foam cannon bottle...

Also anyone have any other suggestions for what soap to use with the foam cannon?
Did you get the foam cannon for a pressure washer or garden hose? I have been looking into getting one for my garden hose and have been looking for feedback on it.

I have personally been using Mr Pink (chemical guys) and it's really good, and recommended for foam cannons. The shop I bought it from uses it with their detailing service, so I gave it a shot.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3517 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
azncapcom wrote: would I use the same dilution ratio? That would literally be like a drop of it in the 32 oz foam cannon bottle...

usually in a foam cannon, the bottle is 1L IIRC...people either put 3-4oz of soap and then top off with warm water or 1-3" soap in the bottle and top off. but the 1-3" will differ if you have abnormal bottle (i.e. larger or smaller diameter bottle)

you can throw any soap u want into the cannon, Meg's Hyper Wash is one you could consider.
TrevorK wrote: Did you get the foam cannon for a pressure washer or garden hose? I have been looking into getting one for my garden hose and have been looking for feedback on it.

I have personally been using Mr Pink (chemical guys) and it's really good, and recommended for foam cannons. The shop I bought it from uses it with their detailing service, so I gave it a shot.
foam cannon is for pressure washer

foam gun is for garden hose.

what feedback did you need? i use a foam gun as i don't have my PW anymore, it works great and i like using it. :D
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5365 posts
997 upvotes
anyone know any local dealers to buy chemical guys shampoos?

Or if someone wants to split an order on eshine to get free shipping. im located in the markham area.
Mar 22, 2004
14 posts
1 upvote
My god.... just did the water sheeting trick for the first time after washing my car... SO much less water!!!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17713 posts
8438 upvotes
boredstudent3 wrote: foam cannon is for pressure washer

what feedback did you need? i use a foam gun as i don't have my PW anymore, it works great and i like using it. :D
How is the foam coverage with the foam gun? I am worried it really won't be that great. Any pictures? And which are you using?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5849 posts
246 upvotes
I have a foam gun and I stopped using it. Too lazy to setup and clean
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17713 posts
8438 upvotes
flyz wrote: I have a foam gun and I stopped using it. Too lazy to setup and clean
What sort of setup is involved? I just assumed you put the soap in and go.
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary
hamza7 wrote: You know what you need.

This

It looks expensive but it dilutes 1:4 I think and it lasts like 3 months so you'll save time and money. You can order here. http://www.carpro-us.com/hydro2-touchle ... rotection/
Hey so i ordered it, 500ml bottle from canada, got it wed and did the application today. WOW im impressed! I have enough to last me the next 2.5 years hahaha. No more waxing for me thank god. My car looks better than ever.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1280 posts
380 upvotes
Is eshine the only place to get Optimum ONR? They are always out of stock :(
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3517 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote: How is the foam coverage with the foam gun? I am worried it really won't be that great. Any pictures? And which are you using?
I have some pics, on the phone right now so when I get to PC I'll link some

It's nothing compared to a foam cannon, so you have to approach it with that notion in mind :)
kazkira wrote: Is eshine the only place to get Optimum ONR? They are always out of stock :(
If you get to me in time, I could add it to my order from my supplier, IIRC it's $42 flat for the gallon and you save shipping, I've got a lot of stuff on order for others as well
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22214 posts
2881 upvotes
Someone detail my scratched up, spider webbed but overall decent exterior of a 2002 car please
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3487 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
boredstudent3 wrote: usually in a foam cannon, the bottle is 1L IIRC...people either put 3-4oz of soap and then top off with warm water or 1-3" soap in the bottle and top off. but the 1-3" will differ if you have abnormal bottle (i.e. larger or smaller diameter bottle)

you can throw any soap u want into the cannon, Meg's Hyper Wash is one you could consider.

foam cannon is for pressure washer

Which foam gun do you have? I'm planning to get one just for stripping wax and on really dirty cars.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2032 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
Matryx wrote: Not sure why but I had thought that Oldetownautospa.com was a US website but they seem to be Canadian. Also it's http://www.oldetownautospa.ca/
Jeff is a good guy..He sells out of his house in Virgil Ontario. Very easy to get a hold of and prices are great !
I actually drove down to Virgil Ontario to pickup my wheel woolies. I wanted to make sure they were not knock offs and the original Made in USA ones.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1280 posts
380 upvotes
Ordered the ONR from oldetown, thanks - really needed it in a hurry. Glad to find out there are other choices other than eshine cos they always seem to run out of the good stuff within a few hours of coming back in stock.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31373 posts
18031 upvotes
Toronto
Jeff, oldetown will match any prices out there (Cdn prices) and shipping is extremely fast. Great guy and very friendly service, indeed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

BMWWW