• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 2:04 pm
[OP]
Jun 11, 2019
83 posts
46 upvotes
North York, Toronto

RFD opinion on SAXX boxers

Hello. I've noticed that SAXX boxers are popular in hot deals. I'm wondering what's so special about SAXX that makes them so popular here?

Back in 2014 on a deal, I bought about 40 pairs of Freegun boxers and I'm ready to buy some new ones on Amazon. But they're a bit expensive,, are they worth it? What justifies the cost?

Please only comment if you're currently wearing SAXX boxers.
Also I expect 1000 replies.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1234 posts
155 upvotes
You can barely tell you’re wearing them. Lightweight, stretchy, they look good, and durable.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9689 posts
843 upvotes
Mississauga
Go to RFD boxer... but only when on sale or on the last hunt Face With Tears Of Joy
RFD 42-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Jun 4, 2013
521 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
I have Saxx, MeUndies, CK, Adidas etc etc. I feel like Saxx is ok but not really worth the price even if it is on sale. In terms on comfy level I rated
1.MeUnides
2.CK
3.Adidas ( had the sports cool ones and they feel great in summer)
4.Saxx
Honestly they are pretty close in terms of comfy level. However, in terms or pricing CK and Adidas when you can find them on sale is a lot cheaper than Saxx. Just earlier this week I bought a few packs of CK from London Drugs for a pack for three for $11.99. That's cheap! Also in the The Bay you can find CK, Adidas on sale for 25 to 40% off from time to time. So in the price vs comfy level Saxx is just too expensive. MeUndies sometimes I get the same pattern with my wife coz they do sell matching sets while Saxx doesn't.

So I would think if you are looking for buy new ones check out CK on London drugs you won't find anything cheaper than a pack of 3 for $11.99.
Last edited by sponge5307 on Jul 14th, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3402 posts
1378 upvotes
sponge5307 wrote:
So I would think if you are looking for buy new ones check out CK on London drugs you won't find anything cheaper than a pack of 3 for $11.99.
Do you have a link? I can't find anything on the website. This is CK boxer briefs at $11.99 for a 3 pack?
Jun 4, 2013
521 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
Mr_Fanta wrote: Do you have a link? I can't find anything on the website. This is CK boxer briefs at $11.99 for a 3 pack?
Not sure if there is a link but I was at the London Drugs near my place and saw them as the sale of the week so I bought a few packs. Maybe try going to local London Drugs and see.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3327 posts
610 upvotes
Re Saxx underwear. I bought my husband a pair a few years ago - but because the store only carried 1 style, I am not certain if Saxx underwear started to offer different styles post my purchase depending on likes or dislikes of certain fits by customers. I know that the last time we bought them we were faced with several choices. We finally resorted to looking at the ones he had to find out which ones to buy (normal). I did see a massive clear out at Nordstrom but all were one style - they would have been super tight, something he did not want.

This is like shirts, pants etc. You don't know what you are buying.

Last week I ordered on-line (I hate it) allbirds underwear for him. They fit him much like his original Saxx. I ordered him a size L - he is 6 ft. and 168 lbs.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1763 posts
363 upvotes
I much prefer B3NTH (formerly MyPakage) for my premium underwear over SAXX.

I recently bought two pairs of SAXX and I'm kinda meh on them. They are better compared to Jockey or similar brands but with the SAXX I've gotten sweaty, pinches that I've never gotten with B3NTH.

But it's definitely one of those things that you need to find the fit for you.

Look at Sport Chek or Last Hunt and pick up a two pack of each. I find that the seasonal prints will offer go on sale. I really don't care if my underwear has skiers on them in the summer.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10859 posts
3381 upvotes
craigdcan wrote: You can barely tell you’re wearing them. Lightweight, stretchy, they look good, and durable.
I agree - well done. Worth the $.