Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9757 posts
4216 upvotes
OG Anunoby has never played a full 82 game season.
I guess that is why he took that lowball offer from Masai Ujiri. OG seems to miss at least 20 games per season every year.
That seems to be the only comparison to Kawhi Leonard that holds up.

Fred VanVleet has never come close to playing all 82 games a season either.
Maybe Nick Nurse will cave in and use Goran Dragic instead of Melachi Flynn.
What a waste of a 19 million dollar a year contract if Dragic continues to ride the end of the bench all season.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3462 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: OG Anunoby has never played a full 82 game season.
I guess that is why he took that lowball offer from Masai Ujiri. OG seems to miss at least 20 games per season every year.

What a waste of a 19 million dollar a year contract if Dragic continues to ride the end of the bench all season.

if this year is truly a development/tank year, then playing flynn over dragic is the right play.
don't think the raps wanted any part of dragic to begin with, but it was to help kyle get his money and his preferred destination.
if the raps just let kyle walk, the raps wouldn't have been able to use that $19M in free agency because technically the raptors signed kyle and then traded him.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1335 posts
220 upvotes
I haven't seen the Raptors play this bad of a defense since the days of Jay Triano
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
6973 posts
3715 upvotes
Global Village
It's so exciting watching Scottie's rapid development. I mean the guy has played in the league for less than 2 months, his game is unbelievable for such a rookie. It's becoming clear to me that we need to start building the team around him now.

All day I dream about sports
Apr 24, 2018
687 posts
38 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: OG Anunoby has never played a full 82 game season.

notenoughsleep wrote: https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-raptors-gora ... %3ftsn-amp

Raptors G Dragic stepping away from team for personal reasons
SoGood wrote:
if this year is truly a development/tank year, then playing flynn over dragic is the right play.
don't think the raps wanted any part of dragic to begin with, but it was to help kyle get his money and his preferred destination.
if the raps just let kyle walk, the raps wouldn't have been able to use that $19M in free agency because technically the raptors signed kyle and then traded him.
kitchensink wrote: I haven't seen the Raptors play this bad of a defense since the days of Jay Triano
thanks Masai!
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3462 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
will always bask in the glory of being 2019 champs.
can never be taken away.

#FACTS
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
6416 posts
4269 upvotes
Toronto
So..... The rumours are that Dragic went to Slovenia to deal with something, and will not return unless he is traded or bought out. This doesn't make sense to me. How can he do that, and still get paid?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9757 posts
4216 upvotes
shikotee wrote: So..... The rumours are that Dragic went to Slovenia to deal with something, and will not return unless he is traded or bought out. This doesn't make sense to me. How can he do that, and still get paid?
That's because Nick Nurse refuses to use him.
Players like Chris Boucher are also in Nurses' doghouse. Nurse publicly said Boucher is not giving maximum effort all the time
so he is not getting playing time.

Thibodeau, the coach of the New York Knicks just said yesterday that Kemba Walker is no longer part of the Knicks' rotation.
Walker will not play unless there are injuries to players currently on Thibs' good side.

The Houston Rockets also have a mutual agreement with John Wall. Wall will sit out every game until he is traded.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
6416 posts
4269 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: That's because Nick Nurse refuses to use him.
Players like Chris Boucher are also in Nurses' doghouse. Nurse publicly said Boucher is not giving maximum effort all the time
so he is not getting playing time.

Thibodeau, the coach of the New York Knicks just said yesterday that Kemba Walker is no longer part of the Knicks' rotation.
Walker will not play unless there are injuries to players currently on Thibs' good side.

The Houston Rockets also have a mutual agreement with John Wall. He will sit out every game until he is traded.
None of this answers how he can camp out in Slovenia, and still be paid.
Regardless of whether he plays, is he not expected to be with team in order to be paid?
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
15665 posts
4847 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
shikotee wrote: None of this answers how he can camp out in Slovenia, and still be paid.
Regardless of whether he plays, is he not expected to be with team in order to be paid?
This is how the NBA has been for the last few years. I bet you the next CBA is going to address this. Owners don’t like it when players like Simmons or Kyrie are not fulfilling their end of the bargain while getting paid. I wish I can do that at work.
I spend too much time on this site
Jan 19, 2009
208 posts
71 upvotes
Hi do you guys know if you can still bring signs to the raptors games? Like a Bristol board sign that says go raptors or something?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3462 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
With Dragic - it must have been an agreement with the team on this type of arrangement, who knows if he's actually getting paid right now if he's back in Slovenia.
Maybe he had to stay with the team to get paid...or maybe he really had a family concern.

When the Raptors acquired him, it was to help Kyle get to Miami. But acquiring an asset is still better than being left empty handed. maybe they thought he could solidify the bench or or worst case be a trade chip to get something else.
nothing materialized....and the raps are kind of stuck at the moment as they can't even trade him until Dec15 (IIRC)

at least this didn't escalate to the level of Ben Simmons
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
6416 posts
4269 upvotes
Toronto
SoGood wrote: With Dragic - it must have been an agreement with the team on this type of arrangement, who knows if he's actually getting paid right now if he's back in Slovenia.
Maybe he had to stay with the team to get paid...or maybe he really had a family concern.

When the Raptors acquired him, it was to help Kyle get to Miami. But acquiring an asset is still better than being left empty handed. maybe they thought he could solidify the bench or or worst case be a trade chip to get something else.
nothing materialized....and the raps are kind of stuck at the moment as they can't even trade him until Dec15 (IIRC)

The trek to Slovenia could be legit, and temporary.
Everything is speculation.
I find it impossible to believe that he would do anything to void what is near certainly his last big contract.

All in all, the economics of the NBA is grinding my gears, especially all of this buy out crap.
At the end of the day, it is the fans who are being massively exploited by overpriced nonsense, and many live pro sports have become predominantly accessible only by the wealthy. While I do agree pro athletes deserve high compensation, I also strongly believe they need to honour their contracts and not be paid just because they are not happy with something.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1180 posts
531 upvotes
Markham
SoGood wrote: With Dragic - it must have been an agreement with the team on this type of arrangement, who knows if he's actually getting paid right now if he's back in Slovenia.

It's quite likely that without the rules for salary matching, Raptors would have been happy to not get him. Precious was the actual value in the trade, but his salary was too low compared to Lowry's
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
6973 posts
3715 upvotes
Global Village
shikotee wrote: The trek to Slovenia could be legit, and temporary.
Everything is speculation.
I find it impossible to believe that he would do anything to void what is near certainly his last big contract.

All in all, the economics of the NBA is grinding my gears, especially all of this buy out crap.
At the end of the day, it is the fans who are being massively exploited by overpriced nonsense, and many live pro sports have become predominantly accessible only by the wealthy. While I do agree pro athletes deserve high compensation, I also strongly believe they need to honour their contracts and not be paid just because they are not happy with something.
I already mentioned my theory, Dragic's agent must have asked the Raps to only start him and not play him off the bench, he is a FA, this is a contract year for him and he wants starter $, Nurse must have said he will only start him if Fred can't play, that's why he played that 1 game where he started (fairly well) and not played since Fred's back. The team is fine with playing ball because they still have hopes of trading him and they want to play the young guys anyway, they have gone out of their way to praise him for his professionalism. Sacramento is looking to shake things up, I wonder if we might be able to get Buddie Hield for Dragic, Boucher, Yuta and a pick.
All day I dream about sports
Dec 25, 2015
816 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto, ON
he is going thru a divorce or atleast the optics being used.
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
5287 posts
1792 upvotes
Abbottabad
Raptors beat the champions therefore we are championship contenders!!