Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4572 posts
941 upvotes
Abbottabad
With the way DD and KLow are playing right now, I guarantee you they will not make it past the first round.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23363 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote: With the way DD and KLow are playing right now, I guarantee you they will not make it past the first round.
They beat Washington last week and shouldn't have problems with Miami (without Bosh). Milwaukee added depth but got worse with MCW at PG.

Knicks beat the Pistons with Bargnani BEASTING!!! Lakers beat Milwaukee without Kobe, Nick Young (sore knee) and even Ronnie Price was out with surgery.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4572 posts
941 upvotes
Abbottabad
Psubs wrote: I sold almost all of my tickets as I don't care about the regular season anymore. Since it's a forgone conclusion that they will finish around #3 seed, just wanna fastforward until April. They should win the 1st round then lose in like 5 games to either Atlanta or Cleveland. If they can stretch it to 6, that would be sweet.

Next season should be easy too, but a move or 2 in the summer might make them actual contenders to battle in the ECF.

Offer Jimmy Butler and Draymond Green max contracts for 4 and Chicago and Golden State will match. Marc Gasol too and hope for the best.

Offer Kris Middleton Demar Derozan type money? He's a legit SF that has a higher career FG% than Derozan with this year breaking out at 48% and 41.9% from 3 and a sweet 86% FT.

http://behindthebuckpass.com/2015/02/24 ... on-summer/

Maybe $12 million per year for 4? Wonder if the Bucks would match? Would they trade for Ross

Lou Williams is inconsistent and maybe instead of paying him $5-6 million, that money is better served for Middleton who could actually start. Bring back Amir for around $5-6 million per year though.

PG Lowry - Vasquez - FA
SG Derozan - Ross
SF Middleton - JJohnson - Caboclo
PF Amir - Patterson - JJohnson
C Valanciunas - Amir - Noguiera
Dear lord are they trying to tank for the number one pick? That Sir is a terrible team. Lowry has his contract so his play will only decline from this point. Vasquez is trashquez. Derozan thinks he is Kobe 2.0. T-Ross can't handle being a baby daddy, his play this year is jokes. JJohnson doesn't get the respect her deserves. Amir's ankles are done. Valenchewnas will never get minutes that matter as long as Casey is still head coach. And Bruno is still 4 years from being 4 years away.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23363 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote: Dear lord are they trying to tank for the number one pick? That Sir is a terrible team. Lowry has his contract so his play will only decline from this point. Vasquez is trashquez. Derozan thinks he is Kobe 2.0. T-Ross can't handle being a baby daddy, his play this year is jokes. JJohnson doesn't get the respect her deserves. Amir's ankles are done. Valenchewnas will never get minutes that matter as long as Casey is still head coach. And Bruno is still 4 years from being 4 years away.
The current team is still #2 in the East. Caboclo and Nogueira would replace Fields and Hayes' roles on the team, so not much difference.

They lose Williams, Hansborough, Hayes, Fields and add a 23 year old that is consistent and emerging similar to say Klay Thompson. Maybe James Johnson should start at PF?

To me the team would look better. They would easily win the Atlantic again and be a top 4 team in the East. Maybe with Middleton, Lowry and Derozan would have to take less shots?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4572 posts
941 upvotes
Abbottabad
Watching a team like GS manhandle the rapts leaves me SMH. I think they've overachieved this year. The schedule was in their favour for the first 25 games so we thought they were actually better than they really are. I haven't been watching the games attentively but I do check the stats afterwards and what the hell has happened to Lowry and DD? Their shooting is terrible. Is this what they really are? Maybe DD hasn't fully recovered from his injury and KLow is just tired. Tonight will go into a similar category with that meltdown in Portland and 48-point 4th quarter in Chicago. Good teams certainly do not have these types of record events. And shooting 5% in the first quarter!!!!!! 1 for 19 FG%. OMFG. This team is JOKES!!!! Okay thats enough ranting. Save it for the Leafs tomorrow.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23363 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote: Watching a team like GS manhandle the rapts leaves me SMH. I think they've overachieved this year. The schedule was in their favour for the first 25 games so we thought they were actually better than they really are. I haven't been watching the games attentively but I do check the stats afterwards and what the hell has happened to Lowry and DD? Their shooting is terrible. Is this what they really are? Maybe DD hasn't fully recovered from his injury and KLow is just tired. Tonight will go into a similar category with that meltdown in Portland and 48-point 4th quarter in Chicago. Good teams certainly do not have these types of record events. And shooting 5% in the first quarter!!!!!! 1 for 19 FG%. OMFG. This team is JOKES!!!! Okay thats enough ranting. Save it for the Leafs tomorrow.
All will be better after they beat NY tomorrow and then Philly.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
4380 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
So how about all those Raptors fans that were making fun of Leafs fans for cheering for a loser team for so long? Does this mean we should stop supporting the Raps now? :confused:

Psubs wrote: All will be better after they beat NY tomorrow and then Philly.
I actually pray that we get smoked by both those teams and keep getting killed until Casey gets fired. I'm tired of seeing him behind the bench for us. Even if we do win those games, it doesn't change the fact that we can't compete against the best teams in the NBA.
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3276 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
MaximDude wrote: So how about all those Raptors fans that were making fun of Leafs fans for cheering for a loser team for so long? Does this mean we should stop supporting the Raps now? :confused:

I actually pray that we get smoked by both those teams and keep getting killed until Casey gets fired. I'm tired of seeing him behind the bench for us. Even if we do win those games, it doesn't change the fact that we can't compete against the best teams in the NBA.
lol. i will make fun of the leafs regardless of what happens with the Raptors.
Raps will turn it around.

and i like the fact that you're bashing the raps & using "we" ... but isn't that a bit condescending?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4572 posts
941 upvotes
Abbottabad
Garbage, this team is complete garbage. Masai this is on you for not making a move before the trade deadline.
Oct 5, 2005
300 posts
7 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: Garbage, this team is complete garbage. Masai this is on you for not making a move before the trade deadline.
There is much he could have traded that would have affected these loses.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8328 posts
1098 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: Garbage, this team is complete garbage. Masai this is on you for not making a move before the trade deadline.
What move would be good to make before the trading deadline?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 4, 2009
932 posts
192 upvotes
I'd rather just ride out this core for the season than make any short sighted Colengelo type moves. The early season success is now catching up on the Raptors.

Masai might play along the fool's gold for 2015-2016 and make a splash on 2016, or if he's really gutsy (with the all star game coming 2016) dismantle this core and blow it up if the Raptors perform poorly in the playoffs
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2119 posts
174 upvotes
so some people think here think Derozan is an elite scorer? The guy takes contested jumpers all day shooting 38% this year.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)