Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1824 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
I forgot about JJ. I was hoping for another "cock that joint back and bang on em" highlight tonight.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13940 posts
3215 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
pintobean wrote: Seriously?!? What a douchey thing to say. Be careful, you might hurt yourself constantly jumping on and off the bandwagon.
Bandwagon? If you follow my posts in this thread and prior to that, I've been watching the Toronto Raptors since Sam Mitchell was our coach. Granted I don't know as much as you guys with all the set plays, ice defense, what player around the league is a good up and comer, etc., but I still follow the Raptors.

There is no excuse for Casey to not play our 2nd unit and James Johnson after everything they did to get us back into the game.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2006
4430 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
i love what james johnson brings sometimes when he is focussed..i believe the coaches have fell out of love with him because he's a glory defender...he always goes for the blocks and steals...he's a terrible team defender and that's why he's not out there

1 on 1 he's great but what you always notice is he leaves his man to double or tries to jump passing lanes when there is no need to and this causes a lot of open shots to happen. dude is a big time gambler...i believe after all this time they though he would get it and stay on his man...mind u terrence ross has the same boneheaded issues sometimes...both can be great defenders if they are focussed but they aren't a lot of the times..

now JV ...what can i say..if i was every team i would do a P&R every single time down the court until he defends it...dude is horrible..no quicks doesn't show and doesn't drop off enough to cover back end so he just sits right in the middle...this is why casey plays johnson and 2pat in the 4th..if i was casey i wouldn't trust JV...reason why they thought it was a great idea to bring him in the last 5 mins was because of drummond...as soon as they brought him in jackson 3 straight times scored

anyways im sure they will be better by the playoffs
I die every Monday at 7am and reborn Friday at 4pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8328 posts
1098 upvotes
Rocketo wrote: i love what james johnson brings sometimes when he is focussed..i believe the coaches have fell out of love with him because he's a glory defender...he always goes for the blocks and steals...he's a terrible team defender and that's why he's not out there

1 on 1 he's great but what you always notice is he leaves his man to double or tries to jump passing lanes when there is no need to and this causes a lot of open shots to happen. dude is a big time gambler...i believe after all this time they though he would get it and stay on his man...mind u terrence ross has the same boneheaded issues sometimes...both can be great defenders if they are focussed but they aren't a lot of the times..

now JV ...what can i say..if i was every team i would do a P&R every single time down the court until he defends it...dude is horrible..no quicks doesn't show and doesn't drop off enough to cover back end so he just sits right in the middle...this is why casey plays johnson and 2pat in the 4th..if i was casey i wouldn't trust JV...reason why they thought it was a great idea to bring him in the last 5 mins was because of drummond...as soon as they brought him in jackson 3 straight times scored

anyways im sure they will be better by the playoffs
How can you be sure they will play better in the playoffs? No signs or proof this is the case.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3833 posts
1607 upvotes
Toronto
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lou Williams score more than half of his 19 points in the 4th quarter? I don't get why there's so much hate for him just because he missed the shot? He was one of the main reasons why we even got back into the game. If he had hit the game winner, people would be flooding this thread with the "I'm the Captain now" memes.

At the end of the day, I'm ok with Lou taking the shot. We need him to be feeling confident when the playoffs roll around, otherwise we're going to be stuck with Derozan getting double-teamed and Lowry driving to the net and getting smothered the way he was by Pierce in Game 7 last year. Lou is really our only other decent option late in the game when we need a bucket.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13940 posts
3215 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
pintobean wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lou Williams score more than half of his 19 points in the 4th quarter? I don't get why there's so much hate for him just because he missed the shot? He was one of the main reasons why we even got back into the game. If he had hit the game winner, people would be flooding this thread with the "I'm the Captain now" memes.

At the end of the day, I'm ok with Lou taking the shot. We need him to be feeling confident when the playoffs roll around, otherwise we're going to be stuck with Derozan getting double-teamed and Lowry driving to the net and getting smothered the way he was by Pierce in Game 7 last year. Lou is really our only other decent option late in the game when we need a bucket.
This Reddit thread should explain everything. Casey didn't call a time out and threw two players under the bus too.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13940 posts
3215 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
So I just saw this....
Thanks. Definitely the mods' doing. Here's what the post read:

Casey is asked about the final shot at the 1:00 mark. Says he called for a high PnR and "for whatever reason, Lou decided not to use it." He then says, "I probably could've called a timeout with 6 seconds left, but I thought Lou was going to attack."

Amir was asked about the play at the 1:30 mark (this had a link to Amir's post game interview but it was deleted off of the Raptors website). In Amir's last answer he says there wasn't a play call, so Lou had the iso and took the shot.

Raptors beat reporter tweets that when Lou was asked about the shot, he says there were no play call. The next two tweets are Lou's rationale for shooting it, since that's the shot he's green lit to take at the end of quarters.

It all comes back to Casey. No play call, no timeout, and letting the Raptors develop bad habits (iso-Lou as a go to play). I honestly don't get some of you Raps fans defending him at this point. Keep saying, "but...but...42 wins!"
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
4380 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
Sooooooooooooo about them Raptors huh?........ :cry:

Seriously this team is 1st round playoff fodder 100%. Like I said this team isn't going NOWHERE with Demar leading the way. We need to trade his ass for whatever we can get for him and I think much like trading Rudy Gay away our team will get better with him gone.

People say its tough to watch the Leafs, well the Raps aren't much better these days. :| :(
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4569 posts
938 upvotes
Abbottabad
This team stinks. Bring Primo Pasta and Sauce home this off season. We need more Euro boys.
Apr 4, 2009
931 posts
192 upvotes
I like that the Bulls killed the Raptors today on the perimeter and, not with the bigs. They didn't do much damage inside the paint compared to the 3 ball and jump shots
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3866 posts
1269 upvotes
Parry Sound
You guys are terrible fans.

Look at the matchups.

Chicago is, overall, a MUCH better team with or without Rose.

We're most likely facing Washington in the playoffs. As long as Casey does his job right, we can EASILY take them in a 7 gamer. The playoffs are a whole different game. You guys are worrying too much about nothing.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2168 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
[QUOTE]Chicago is, overall, a MUCH better team with or without Rose. [/QUOTE]
Yep. With Lowry out, the Bulls have 3 players (Butler, Noah, Gasol) better than anyone on the Raptors.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
4380 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
MayorOfToronto wrote: You guys are terrible fans.

Look at the matchups.

Chicago is, overall, a MUCH better team with or without Rose.

We're most likely facing Washington in the playoffs. As long as Casey does his job right, we can EASILY take them in a 7 gamer. The playoffs are a whole different game. You guys are worrying too much about nothing.
That's not likely to happen otherwise people wouldn't be calling for Casey to be fired every damn day now. And hypothetically even if we did beat Washington, SO WHAT?? Beating Washington and winning ONE ROUND in the NBA playoffs IS NOT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. That's just the beginning of becoming a treadmill team. When every year you win a round or two in the playoffs and think you're doing well and making progress when in fact you're going nowhere year after year.

The Leafs were like that in the late 90s and early 2000s and if the Raptors keep doing what they're doing now and don't make changes that's what they're going to end up becoming.
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)