Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Feb 13, 2015
973 posts
148 upvotes
Oakville, ON
kevindurant1 wrote: I think psubs posts are the funniest thing on here. I hope he never stops.

His man crush on Faried always makes me :lol: . How many times are you going to flip the roster for Faried psubs?.
If they were rational or made sense then I wouldnt mind but his method is basically.
*sees any report that this player is unhappy with team*
Makes trade for him
Or
*hears a player with expiring contracts on team coming up*
Writes up a trade for him.
Like no consideration of whether he'd even fit in with the dynamics of the team or if it would even be logical, just stupid.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9890 posts
644 upvotes
th12mq wrote: If they were rational or made sense then I wouldnt mind but his method is basically.
Makes trade for him
Or
Like no consideration of whether he'd even fit in with the dynamics of the team or if it would even be logical, just stupid.
Actually Faried would fit any team, specially the raptors. He is tough and very defensive minded(Casey small ball). He is like PP on roids but he has no range. PP can open the floor with his 3's. He plays fast and was picked up by Masai when he was in Denver.

So it actually makes alot of sense.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20899 posts
2251 upvotes
Toronto
haha....love the trade proposals for Faried....hahah Psubs, keep it up!!!

As I mentioned, Faried is terribad - has some flashy dunks but defense is terribad and his offense is mainly dunks.....haha....
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23363 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
th12mq wrote: If they were rational or made sense then I wouldnt mind but his method is basically.
Makes trade for him
Or
He would fit beside JV as a weakside rebounder and be active on on the boards. He's a good slasher.

Patterson seems to have plateaud and not helping the team. James Johnson is an expiring FA that I don't care to have return.

Off topic, Biyombo has a player option next year for cheap which he should decline. He could make at least double as a backup C. Would he re-sign with Toronto for like Patterson level money for 5 years? Maybe another opt out after 3 years?
Feb 13, 2015
973 posts
148 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Psubs wrote: He would fit beside JV as a weakside rebounder and be active on on the boards. He's a good slasher.

Patterson seems to have plateaud and not helping the team. James Johnson is an expiring FA that I don't care to have return.
I just don't think it makes sense with the direction the Raptors are going. If you've learned anything this off season, you would know they were trying to get better defensively. Faried is atrocious on defense, that would be a step backward. Though I agree the PF is weak.. For the price of patterson or scola 6million/2million it is not worth to replace the with an extra 9/13million for someone who just a little better rebounder. Yeah Faried is more athletic but Scola is just fine and is far more skilled offensively, his defense is just fine and he can along JV.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9890 posts
644 upvotes
Psubs wrote: He would fit beside JV as a weakside rebounder and be active on on the boards. He's a good slasher.

Off topic, Biyombo has a player option next year for cheap which he should decline. He could make at least double as a backup C. Would he re-sign with Toronto for like Patterson level money for 5 years? Maybe another opt out after 3 years?
Biyombo would be worth it. You get zero offense but his defense is sick. Cant bully biyombo in the paint. Awesome hustle guy. Casey have been using him quite effectively and I think if its a long contract, they could get him cheaper.

PP for six mill or more is not worth it but you have to replace him.

JJ is JJ. He is insignificant, really.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23363 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
th12mq wrote: I just don't think it makes sense with the direction the Raptors are going. If you've learned anything this off season, you would know they were trying to get better defensively. Faried is atrocious on defense, that would be a step backward. Though I agree the PF is weak.. For the price of patterson or scola 6million/2million it is not worth to replace the with an extra 9/13million for someone who just a little better rebounder. Yeah Faried is more athletic but Scola is just fine and is far more skilled offensively, his defense is just fine and he can along JV.
Scola is a FA after this season. Just trying to get guys to Toronto and not leave.

When Carroll is back, Faried's lack of range doesn't hurt.

I'm looking at Carroll and Faried and their defensive winshares seem similar. Looking at defensive rating per 100 possesions, Faried seems slightly better. Then I was wondering about offensively and Carroll is struggling out the gate but over their careers seem similar.

Faried's defensive box plus/minus is above league average. So not sure what stats you could produce that support your statement that Faried is atrocious on defense.

Faried is a good rebounder. Raptors can't play Biyombo and Valaciunas together so the Faried/JV pairing would work.
Sep 24, 2015
230 posts
101 upvotes
Lowry really needs to learn when to close his mouth. Way too much whining from him tonight.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Wright is playing tonight on the floor with Lowry too :cheesygri
is it free :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
6846 posts
385 upvotes
I was kinda hoping the Mavs would win last night after they made their run in the 4th. Total "foot off the gas pedal" scenario after the Mavs subs came in during the 4th.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5908 posts
1264 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TheRealVinsanity wrote: I was kinda hoping the Mavs would win last night after they made their run in the 4th. Total "foot off the gas pedal" scenario after the Mavs subs came in during the 4th.
why mavs win? so casey can get fired?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4809 posts
2080 upvotes
Global Village
[/QUOTE]Scola is a FA after this season. Just trying to get guys to Toronto and not leave.

When Carroll is back, Faried's lack of range doesn't hurt.

I'm looking at Carroll and Faried and their defensive winshares seem similar. Looking at defensive rating per 100 possesions, Faried seems slightly better. Then I was wondering about offensively and Carroll is struggling out the gate but over their careers seem similar.

Faried's defensive box plus/minus is above league average. So not sure what stats you could produce that support your statement that Faried is atrocious on defense.

Faried is a good rebounder. Raptors can't play Biyombo and Valaciunas together so the Faried/JV pairing would work.[/QUOTE]

Faried isn't a bad player option to pair with JV, his contract is atrocious, though and he kills your spacing with his low % shooting. Yoù can never pair him with Bismack without clogging your offense. He gets lost on defence far too often, he seems to be either unable or unwilling to be an effective part of team defence, he will hustle for the individual rebound but do little to cover his own defenders. Maybe Casey can change that, all his previous coaches have tried and failed. But at his current contract it's too high of a gamble and a desperation move. Denver has been trying to unload his contract for a while with no takers.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1973 ... rebounding
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9890 posts
644 upvotes
Psubs wrote: He looked so nervous but had a nice dish and Felton didn't do anything against him. :)

Phew escaped! 18-12 ain't that bad with Carroll and JV out. Tied for the #2 seed and tied for most wins in the East.
Not bad at all.

:D

I wish the team would step up more though and give lowry a little breathing time. We do not want him tired or feeling too much pains at the end of the season.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23363 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote: Faried isn't a bad player option to pair with JV, his contract is atrocious, though and he kills your spacing with his low % shooting. Yoù can never pair him with Bismack without clogging your offense. He gets lost on defence far too often, he seems to be either unable or unwilling to be an effective part of team defence, he will hustle for the individual rebound but do little to cover his own defenders. Maybe Casey can change that, all his previous coaches have tried and failed. But at his current contract it's too high of a gamble and a desperation move. Denver has been trying to unload his contract for a while with no takers.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1973 ... rebounding
Faried enough.

Hmmm, I had a dream, would it take less than Galinari, W.Chandler, Mozgov, 1st pick and two 2nd picks for Carmelo as he's like 4 years older than before?

What about Ross, Patterson, 2016 1st pick Toronto and 2017 1st pick LA Clippers?

PG Lowry
SG Derozan
SF Carroll
PF Carmelo
C Valaciunas

Then in July if Durant wants to leave, do a sign and trade. The player with the Den/NY 1st pick plus Carroll for Durant. Re-sign Biyombo and Scola. Hmmm, if they have cap space, have Derozan and Durant work out money with opt out after 2 years. We The Heat Part II.

PG Lowry - Joseph - Wright
SG Derozan - Powell - Wright
SF Durant - Derozan - Bruno
PF Carmelo - Scola
C Valaciunas - Biyombo - Bebe