Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge

Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
Surprised nobody posted this. Maybe Boucher should have been in the Slam Dunk contest.

Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
joeyjoejoe wrote: Surprised nobody posted this. Maybe Boucher should have been in the Slam Dunk contest.

That was nice, about two feet in from the free throw line.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
joeyjoejoe wrote: Surprised nobody posted this. Maybe Boucher should have been in the Slam Dunk contest.

Damn...1 Step in fron the free throw line in a game.. thats pretty crazy..

im surprised no one has done like half a step behind free throw line...considering how atheletic, how fast u can run up to it, and how Lavine did half over line with thru the legs, someone should be able to get it from there
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
grappos13 wrote: Damn...1 Step in fron the free throw line in a game.. thats pretty crazy..

im surprised no one has done like half a step behind free throw line...considering how atheletic, how fast u can run up to it, and how Lavine did half over line with thru the legs, someone should be able to get it from there
Maybe... I don't know how much further they can really take it though. In the entire history of the NBA Dunk contest, only 1 person did it behind the line (and was robbed) Serge Ibaka:

I think the furthest ever was Mike Conley Sr at about 1/2 foot behind the line, but he was an Olympic long jumper in a celebrity Slam Dunk contest. Mike Conley Jr didn't inherit his dad's leaping ability.

Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village

He's had some insane highlights. When he blocked Bol Bol from 3 I almost fell off my couch.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SxkrqgCXccU
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18146 upvotes
ONTARIO
joeyjoejoe wrote: Maybe... I don't know how much further they can really take it though. In the entire history of the NBA Dunk contest, only 1 person did it behind the line (and was robbed) Serge Ibaka:

I think the furthest ever was Mike Conley Sr at about 1/2 foot behind the line, but he was an Olympic long jumper in a celebrity Slam Dunk contest. Mike Conley Jr didn't inherit his dad's leaping ability.

Wow look @ baby faced Serge Ibaka!
Hes what. 24 in that?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
Raps beat the Pistons 3 times in a row this season. Dwane Casey on suicide watch.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3686 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
joeyjoejoe wrote: Raps beat the Pistons 3 times in a row this season. Dwane Casey on suicide watch.
Casey clearly understood the importance of tanking this season.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
Dreamrider wrote: Casey clearly understood the importance of tanking this season.
Alternatively, his luck ran its course.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6230 posts
4829 upvotes
Does anyone know the last time the Raptors got twelve or more 3 pointers in a game? It seems like my McD's app hasn't given me a notification in like forever to come get my free french fries with a minimum $1 purchase. LOL
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
Detroit is only this bad because they are missing Cade Cunningham (out for the season). He makes a big difference in these Dwayne Casey Championship games.

Just like how New Orleans are bottom dwellers without Zion Williamson.
shikotee wrote: Alternatively, his luck ran its course.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18146 upvotes
ONTARIO
XFactor11 wrote: Detroit is only this bad because they are missing Cade Cunningham (out for the season). He makes a big difference in these Dwayne Casey Championship games.

Just like how New Orleans are bottom dwellers without Zion Williamson.
Thats true. We been spared.
But common... this is the BIGGEST win streak for the Raptors this season!
4 friggin games in a row.

Now we face the might Cav's. Hopefully its 5 games in a row!
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
UrbanPoet wrote: Thats true. We been spared.
But common... this is the BIGGEST win streak for the Raptors this season!
4 friggin games in a row.

Now we face the might Cav's. Hopefully its 5 games in a row!
I'm expecting a bubble playoffs Denver vs Utah Donovan Mitchell to show up today given how badly Anunoby and Raptors shut him down past two meetings. Regardless of how big a game he might have, as long as Raptors can get that W and the fifth straight win, it's all good.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18146 upvotes
ONTARIO
kenchau wrote: I'm expecting a bubble playoffs Denver vs Utah Donovan Mitchell to show up today given how badly Anunoby and Raptors shut him down past two meetings. Regardless of how big a game he might have, as long as Raptors can get that W and the fifth straight win, it's all good.
Wow that good? Any star player dropping 40 points is likely going to win.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
Raptors have it tough for the last quarter of the season:

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Toughest schedule in the NBA for remaining games. 9 home games and 12 road games. The road games are mostly bunched in 2 tough groups. Currently, Raptors have 7 road games with 1 home game in the mix. This trip ends on the west coast. Then at the end of the season 5/6 games are on the road.

I thought even with a 5.5 game gap with the Nets, the Raptors had a chance with the way they are playing (+ the Nets, Heat and Hawks all spinning their wheels), that the Raptors could sneak into the 6th spot, but the schedule is not cooperating.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
joeyjoejoe wrote: Raptors have it tough for the last quarter of the season:

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Toughest schedule in the NBA for remaining games. 9 home games and 12 road games. The road games are mostly bunched in 2 tough groups. Currently, Raptors have 7 road games with 1 home game in the mix. This trip ends on the west coast. Then at the end of the season 5/6 games are on the road.

I thought even with a 5.5 game gap with the Nets, the Raptors had a chance with the way they are playing (+ the Nets, Heat and Hawks all spinning their wheels), that the Raptors could sneak into the 6th spot, but the schedule is not cooperating.
While getting into the playoffs above a play-in spot would be great, I would be happy with a 7th/8th play-in spot given the circumstances as that at least means they only need to win 1 play-in game to be in the playoffs.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lol treadmill team.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
UrbanPoet wrote: Wow that good? Any star player dropping 40 points is likely going to win.
Well, it wasn't quite 40pts, but he ended up shooting 8 for 12 from 3-pt land for a 35-pt effort. That's deadly.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3686 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
geokilla wrote: Lol treadmill team.
Face With Tears Of Joy
no shame in that lol, only a hand full of teams in NBA has a real super star get them off the treadmill.
Better learn to living another decade of... We'll beat the teams we are supposed to beat, lose to good teams, might make play-off, get bounced early, if things click, we might finish high in standing but will get bounced in play off, eg DeRozan era

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)