Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jul 16, 2019
463 posts
253 upvotes
I suspect Masai will sign too. No big player signings till Masai is signed.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3299 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Good to see NN get locked up.

2 years as a head coach:
1 Larry OB
1 Coach of the Year
Highest winning percentage for any head coach in NBA history
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3157 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SoGood wrote: Good to see NN get locked up.

2 years as a head coach:
1 Larry OB
1 Coach of the Year
Highest winning percentage for any head coach in NBA history
And don't forget the neck massage rub from Drake lol
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3884 posts
2034 upvotes
Toronto
lamboman wrote: And don't forget the neck massage rub from Drake lol
The missing ingredient for a 2nd championship....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5720 posts
1848 upvotes
geokilla wrote: I don't like the idea of Siakam matched with Giannis. Both can't shoot and both have only an inside game. Until one of them develops a solid jumper, our offense is gonna look a lot like what it did against the Celtics.
I think this is an excellent point. Everyone seems to be jumping on the "we need to do everything to maximize our chance of signing Giannis" but is he actually a good fit when you consider how Siakam plays? Also, down the stretch, late moments, we didn't have "that" guy who could get us a bucket himself. Giannis does nothing to alleviate that.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3343 posts
1353 upvotes
I'm still grieving the Raptors loss. It's been days and I'm still processing 9-11-2020.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3770 posts
1844 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote: I'm still grieving the Raptors loss. It's been days and I'm still processing 9-11-2020.
Can’t lie the Celtics/Heat series is fun, and both teams look like they want it more. Can’t be mad at that
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3232 posts
28052 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I expect Boston was winning after a close series, so they didn't really change tactics. Miami was playing with only a loss, so they probably got the same. It'll change now that the game was so close. What will result of it? Just tune in and watch lol. Should be a fun series, regardless if the Raptors lost after being one of 3 teams to go 4-0. Brooklyn didn't have Irving and Durant. I recall Durant talking big that it's Brooklyn's turn to triumph, but he never played or recovered even with the late playoffs as is. They might be a contender next year as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3157 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto, ON
geokilla wrote:

Damn why don't people criticize Kawhi more? He gets a pass more often than not. He screwed the Spurs pretty hard and it seems everyone forgot that.
I honestly could care less, because we were the champs! No one can take that away from us.

This team is still solid, as long as Siakim can up his game and Nurse starts utilizing rookies, we are contenders for a long time.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43380 posts
6608 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
geokilla wrote:

Damn why don't people criticize Kawhi more? He gets a pass more often than not. He screwed the Spurs pretty hard and it seems everyone forgot that.
Perhaps he is more selfish then we think. But gets away with it by being all quiet.
But being all quiet can also give the vibe of being a cold person. Not cold hearted... he is a good guy inside.

But you know those guys who show little emotion. Sometimes they seem like jerks , but they arent.
“Hey wanna go for coffee?”
“I don’t like coffee -_-“
“Im actually asking to hang out jerk”
“Oh. Ok. I’ll just sit there like a dead fish”
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3770 posts
1844 upvotes
geokilla wrote:

If he actually said that, then screw his attitude towards the team that put a lot on the line for him. But this is just hearsay and unnecessary timing to be frank. Doesn't make us look any better to hit someone when they're down, remember Pascal.
Last edited by MyNameWasTaken on Sep 16th, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3770 posts
1844 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Perhaps he is more selfish then we think. But gets away with it by being all quiet.
But being all quiet can also give the vibe of being a cold person. Not cold hearted... he is a good guy inside.

But you know those guys who show little emotion. Sometimes they seem like jerks , but they arent.
“Hey wanna go for coffee?”
“I don’t like coffee -_-“
“Im actually asking to hang out jerk”
“Oh. Ok. I’ll just sit there like a dead fish”
I get what you're saying, but being quiet can also be a result of many other factors that transcend basketball. Even Demar was a vocal guy and suffered from depression. Was never a fan of making fun of Kawhi because of his silence. Regardless, his teammates let him down, and the Raptors were the better overall team when compared to 2018/2019 season.