Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
39 upvotes
spike-spiegel wrote:
Mar 1st, 2007 11:27 pm
Colangelo didn't hire Mitchell. He just didn't fire him. No point in giving him free money not to coach and having another coach even after Bosh endorsed Smitch.
and Smitch is proving to actually be a good coach.
Mitchell will get at least a 3-year extension. No point in extending him for 1 year. Coaches are free agents too, lots of jobs available this offseason. He'll get a raise and some job security.
Either he gets an extension here and BC surrounds him with better Assistants.. or Sam will get another gig in charlotte or maybe even Minny
Look for K-Hump, Graham, and Dixon to get some good minutes. Or Bosh has to be dominating these next two games!
true that...
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13952 posts
89 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
i agree mitchell is proving himself to be a good coach.. on the FAN 590 the other day they said that mitchell was always going to have a job in the NBA.
May 20, 2004
528 posts
144 upvotes
skyblue12 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2007 3:42 pm
that's about right.. the top five teams are pretty much the only teams that are better than the raps at this point.
washington is better than the raps, watch out when jamison and butler come back. miami + rockets would rock raps without injuries. rockets with yao wouldve been a different story. Cleveland's better than the raps. Whoever makes those rankings needs to open up their eyes. oh, and chicago at 13?? are u kidding me. In a 7 games series, do you think the raps are more likely to beat out all those teams below them? I'm a fan, but let's be realistic. And phoenix at 2? spurs should be 1, then dallas (if healthy) and it's a tossup between phoenix, detroit, and utah. new jersey > magic. these ranking are terrible. in a 7 game series
spurs > dallas = phoenix > utah < detroit
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13952 posts
89 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
bigdaddyyc wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2007 11:26 am
washington is better than the raps, watch out when jamison and butler come back. miami + rockets would rock raps without injuries. rockets with yao wouldve been a different story. Cleveland's better than the raps. Whoever makes those rankings needs to open up their eyes. oh, and chicago at 13?? are u kidding me. In a 7 games series, do you think the raps are more likely to beat out all those teams below them? I'm a fan, but let's be realistic. And phoenix at 2? spurs should be 1, then dallas (if healthy) and it's a tossup between phoenix, detroit, and utah. new jersey > magic. these ranking are terrible. in a 7 game series
the rankings weren't according to the entire season up to this point, at least i don't think so. i said that it looked right at that point, and at that point the raps had won something like 12 of their last 15 games and the other teams that were below them in ranking weren't doing so hot lately. i don't doubt that some of the teams that were ranked lower are still better than the raps, i don't really believe that the raps should be ranked 5 according to their entire season, even though they have been great this season, but as to what they have done as of late, they should be at that rank.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
2456 posts
9 upvotes
bigdaddyyc wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2007 11:26 am
Washington can't play defence, they're not going anywhere. The rankings are just personal opinion, just like how you are making yours, and they are based on current play.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13952 posts
89 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
the mavs are total BEASTS, they're on a 14 game winning-streak again.

how many times has this team gone on a 10+ game winning-streak? they STILL only have 9 losses on the season.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
skyblue12 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2007 10:53 am
i agree mitchell is proving himself to be a good coach.. on the FAN 590 the other day they said that mitchell was always going to have a job in the NBA.
so does kevin o'neil
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
actyper wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2007 12:01 pm
Washington can't play defence, they're not going anywhere. The rankings are just personal opinion, just like how you are making yours, and they are based on current play.
at full strength...i would give advantage to washington over toronto.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24365 posts
1574 upvotes
Markham, ON
Realistically the Raptors are still missing another superstar (prob a center) before I put them in the top 10 (considering every team only on paper)

there are some key injuries right now on other teams...the raps are taking advantage of it.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13952 posts
89 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2007 12:13 pm
Realistically the Raptors are still missing another superstar (prob a center) before I put them in the top 10 (considering every team only on paper)

there are some key injuries right now on other teams...the raps are taking advantage of it.
yeah they don't have a big man down low.. they need a strong inside presence. but who's available who can fill that position?
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2007 12:13 pm

i'll say they are missing a star caliber swingman who can slash and score from outside.

upfront they are fine with bosh, barngani, gargahosa, and nesterovic. a lot of teams dont have a good or passable C but are doing fine.

heck, dallas and pheonix dont have a C and look where they are. the raps need an all star caliber G/F player
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13952 posts
89 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
1 more season and 1 more star player and they have a pretty damn good chance of going to the finals, but it's going to depend on what we're going to have to give up in return for that player.

with what they have this season and what they've shown, they're definitely a contender.
Mar 18, 2005
926 posts
2 upvotes
They are not a contender for the title (this or next year).

The raps have gotten considerably better since last season but they can not match up with the upper class of the NBA in a playoff series. I'd like them to, but truthfully they cannot.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12414 posts
2930 upvotes
RFD
SkeptiKal12 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2007 12:25 pm
They are not a contender for the title (this or next year).

The raps have gotten considerably better since last season but they can not match up with the upper class of the NBA in a playoff series. I'd like them to, but truthfully they cannot.
I agree. I said it before the season started, its going to take 5 years for things to blossom. I still think that. We may make the playoffs (we should, its a goal), but in 5 years the goal should be towards being a contender.

Within those 5 years, pieces will drop into place.

hopefully :cheesygri

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)