Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Shimano XT 785 brake set 153.38

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2015 3:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2926 posts
1763 upvotes

Shimano XT 785 brake set 153.38

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
7%
Expiry:
May 5, 2015
Shimano XT M785 Brake set. 153.38 with the discount.

Enter the coupon code BANK7 in the voucher slot when checking out. (the coupon code is good until May5 on all parts)
shipping will be free to Canada
No duty.
The brakes are set up Moto style for the UK.

Shimano XT M785 Brake Levers and Post Mount Calipers (set)

- Powerful fully bled XT hydraulic Servo Wave disc brake
- Fully bled levers and callipers come without adapters or rotors giving you the freedom to customize to suit your bike
- Short stroke Servo-Wave mechanism for quick pad engagement and more power for aggressive riding
- Oversized 22mm twin ceramic pistons optimized for heat insulation, lightweight and stiffness
- Recommended for use with Ice-Tec rotors for optimum braking performance in a choice of 160, 180 and 203 mm
- Lightweight forged calliper design that increases rigidity and reduces weight
- Forged alloy brake lever for optimum strength and reliability
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic brake fluid
- Shim-less mounting system allows for quick setting up
- Brake lever featuring reach and free stroke adjustment
- Hinged clamp for quick installation
- Ispec compatible lever mounting
- The kit also contains sintered pads
- Front hose length 1000mm
- Rear hose length 1700mm

Notes:

No rotors or adapters or olives or barbs included.
Xt m785 uses mineral oil.
Haven't used Ribble in a long time so no idea if they use Canada Post, ups, dHL....
There will be a handling charge if the package comes via Canada post
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1559 posts
163 upvotes
Markham
I got a order coming from ribble this week. I am expecting it to come through Canada Post. It's been a year since I have ordered from them but they always come with CP.

How much better are these brakes then SHIMANO BR-M446 HYDRAULIC DISC 180/160MM? Just beginning mountain biking and I can see how good brakes are important. Especially for me just starting off, not the same as my road bike.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7948 posts
2864 upvotes
Washington, DC
I've read that the SLX model is basically identical except without lever adjustments, is this true?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7948 posts
2864 upvotes
Washington, DC
DdBigs wrote: I got a order coming from ribble this week. I am expecting it to come through Canada Post. It's been a year since I have ordered from them but they always come with CP.

How much better are these brakes then SHIMANO BR-M446 HYDRAULIC DISC 180/160MM? Just beginning mountain biking and I can see how good brakes are important. Especially for me just starting off, not the same as my road bike.
These are high performance brakes, a lot of people use these for Downhill.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7948 posts
2864 upvotes
Washington, DC
I just noticed in the OP's post that these are moto setup (right hand is the front brake). That's a deal breaker for me, I'll stick with my older set of Avid Codes for now.

Chain reaction has the SLX for dirt cheap too.
Abraham Lincoln
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2926 posts
1763 upvotes
DdBigs wrote: I got a order coming from ribble this week. I am expecting it to come through Canada Post. It's been a year since I have ordered from them but they always come with CP.

Great improvement over m446.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2926 posts
1763 upvotes
lincoln wrote: I've read that the SLX model is basically identical except without lever adjustments, is this true?
lever adlustment
retaining bolt vs cotterpin
aluminum cover vs ?
lighter weight (few grams for the weight fanatics :cheesygri )

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)