• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 10:36 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
tehwegz wrote: Singling out his steroid use is the most simpleton conversation you can have about this guy. Anyone can take a look at him and go "pfft steroids".

He was not perfect, he wasn't virtuous. And yet he was a great role model. He was open about everything and basically said: look, I take all this crap. My health isn't 100%. I do drugs, do a bunch of illegal crap, got arrested for possession with intent to sell, etc. He wasn't proud of any of it. He busted his butt to get to where he was in life. He amassed a fortune - and still a fortune to come as it's true you get more famous after death. I can see his products selling BIG TIME in wake of this.

He motivated tens of thousands not just in the gym, but outside of it as well, to also make something of themselves e.g. start a business, start a product line, invest/real estate/properties etc. I'd say the "Rich" in Rich Piana really lives up to the name. He was also rich in all other areas of life. But at the expense of his health, at the end of the day.

I had a chance to go get a photo with him at a Fitness Expo and bought some of his products as well. Great guy, fun to have a conversation with, open minded. Honest dude, and that Deadspin article is insanely correct in saying "what resonated with people was that Piana was their nightmare caricature of that one guy at the gym, but he gave you the flattering openness it takes years to earn in person."

Gonna miss him. I do admit to sitting through entire 50 minute videos per day for a year there, so I'm definitely feeling an empty void as with many avid Piana YouTube fans. The videos just made my day better and kept me right on track with my fitness goals/daily life. And the commitment the guy had to providing content daily - that was no easy task, mad respect to how much content he gave to his fans.

RIP, they always said Piana was "leaving humanity behind".
Reading this almost made me forget he was a racist.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2011
5834 posts
1219 upvotes
aGincourt
RIP... at least he was honest about his steroid usage unlike other "natural" bodybuilders
Banned
Aug 28, 2017
301 posts
366 upvotes
wal3145 wrote: So you think without all that steroids, he would have gotten that body?
You have major reading comprehension issues.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
He injected pmma not synthol... Prolly died from oding on opiates... His gf claimed snorting pre workouts lol
Ticking time bomb with all that sh*t he took
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1684 posts
1122 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
iamskyhigh wrote: Never heard of this guy.

Next.
It's ok that you haven't heard of this guy and it's ok if you don't care, but to post something so dismissive on a thread to share condolences is very disrespectful to the people who do care and are grieving for him.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)