Expired Hot Deals

[Richmond Centre] Spend 800 RMB on Richmond Centre GCs and get 60 RMB back (req Alipay)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2019 9:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
5552 posts
28397 upvotes

Spend 800 RMB on Richmond Centre GCs and get 60 RMB back (req Alipay)

Retailer:
Richmond Centre
Must use Alipay to pay
In order to get Alipay, I think you need a bank account from China with 2 pieces of China’s ID.

Buy $800 RMB Richmond centre GC and get additional $80 RMB.

If you don’t have Alipay like me, sorry this is not for you.

570x760_smart_fit.jpg
Images
  • A931C70E-EEBD-4CAB-A44B-EA0A62C2F92D.jpeg
  • C4F05A16-1232-4C52-9F9B-13737B2DE69E.jpeg
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Jan 30th, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
28 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1182 posts
4119 upvotes
* I can't take advantage, but gave an upvote OP.

Edit since no one will read further: OP said they thought Alipay requires Chinese ID, bank account, etc - in reality Alipay is like Masterpass, Visa Checkout - you just add your credit card/billing address. If you've ever bought something on AliExpress you likely have an account.
Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 31st, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: unnecessary racial stereotyping
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2673 posts
380 upvotes

As OP said, you need a freakin' China account with 2 Chinese IDs lol. How is this even remotely a hot deal for the 99.9% off RFDers that don't have this?
Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 31st, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2263 posts
121 upvotes
wszeto28 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 10:12 pm
Don't think this has anything to do with white conservatives.

As OP said, you need a freakin' China account with 2 Chinese IDs lol. How is this even remotely a hot deal for the 99.9% off RFDers that don't have this?
and how does one know what percentage of RFD users have accounts in China, and have IDs?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2673 posts
380 upvotes
jchan1985 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 10:17 pm
and how does one know what percentage of RFD users have accounts in China, and have IDs?
You're right. I don't know the % of RFD users who have accounts in China and have IDs. But posting a deal that requires you to have a bank account from a country overseas is a tad ridiculous, no?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
5552 posts
28397 upvotes
wszeto28 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 10:23 pm
You're right. I don't know the % of RFD users who have accounts in China and have IDs. But posting a deal that requires you to have a bank account from a country overseas is a tad ridiculous, no?
but the mall advertised it @.@. A BIG MALL in Canada.
A BIG MALL THAT WILL HAVE THEIR OWN CONDO building.

FYI: Richmond Centre new condos are already advertising in Hong Kong and China.

Lansdowne mall condos = around $550k for 480 sq feet.
Richmond Centre condo = probably cost a bit more.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2263 posts
121 upvotes
wszeto28 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 10:23 pm
Years ago I might agree
But if you think about the increasing number of places that accept ali pay, wechat pay, union pay,; the fact that it's in what I assume Richmond Center mall in Vancouver BC and the demographics there, nope I don't think it's ridiculous
Just look at Yorkdale mall in Toronto, duty free at the airport, restaurants, ?grocery stores?; they all take some form of those payments
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1488 posts
473 upvotes
Scarborough
fluidmax wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 10:36 pm
What's race and political views gota do with this?...I am not white nor conservative and just downvoted because I can't get this deal.
why would you downvote a deal for a mall in BC when you're in Alberta?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1546 posts
1049 upvotes
Alberta
Uberclk wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 10:50 pm
why would you downvote a deal for a mall in BC when you're in Alberta?
Read the part you bolded again. You should have the answer.
Aug 25, 2012
72 posts
119 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Better not to buy RMB now anyway. The currency will devalue significantly after trump is finished with the Chinese trade delegation in Washington tomorrow

FYI face the facts folks, major urban centres in Canada are very globalized and offer these kind of incentives. You obviously won’t find it in saskatoon or dartmouth where the population base is predominantly people that were born and stuck there.
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1182 posts
4119 upvotes
Another thing to add to this bizarre thread, is that Alipay itself is the same as PayPal, Masterpass, Visa Checkout in the sense that it's method of you adding existing credit cards and using for purchases. I have an Alipay account from buying on Aliexpress, as I'm sure many others do.

OP - does the writing on the poster state you must have Chinese ID, or were you just making an assumption? May be worth going to get 10% back in value on a Richmond Centre GC. Not sure what RMB have to do with it - is that the currency they'll charge your card in? If it's a mall GC it must have to hold CAD value...?
Aug 25, 2012
72 posts
119 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Leverage wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 11:23 pm
Another thing to add to this bizarre thread, is that Alipay itself is the same as PayPal, Masterpass, Visa Checkout in the sense that it's method of you adding existing credit cards and using for purchases. I have an Alipay account from buying on Aliexpress, as I'm sure many others do.

OP - does the writing on the poster state you must have Chinese ID, or were you just making an assumption? May be worth going to get 10% back in value on a Richmond Centre GC. Not sure what RMB have to do with it - is that the currency they'll charge your card in? If it's a mall GC it must have to hold CAD value...?
The RMB isn’t entirely relevant - it’s just a more affordable price point for the regular consumer (800 RMB= $150 CAD). Easier than having someone ask for $800 CAD. They use 8’s because it’s a lucky number in Chinese just like 7’s are in western cultures.
Last edited by frozatio on Jan 30th, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Jul 26, 2018
247 posts
214 upvotes
Canada, eh?
I don't know if it's worth anyones time on RFD going through signing up for Alipay etc. just to get ~$11.75 CAD lol.
But if you already have an Alipay account, why not?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1182 posts
4119 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 11:29 pm
I don't know if it's worth anyones time on RFD going through signing up for Alipay etc. just to get ~$11.75 CAD lol.
But if you already have an Alipay account, why not?
People were losing their collective s&#t earlier today trying to figure out how to use & reset their pins for STACK prepaid MasterCards to get $2 off a disgusting Tim Horton's coffee. Never underestimate RFDers... Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1545 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Like someone else has mentioned, if ALIPAY is all that is required then you don't need a Chinese bank account with 2 pieces of Chinese ID.

Because... I have Alipay, and I don't have a Chinese bank account nor 2 pieces of Chinese IDs.

All you need to use Alipay is to add your CANADIAN VISA/MASTERCARD just like Paypal and Masterpass. Alipay is pretty much Chinese Paypal except its own by Alibaba and it's far more widely used globally.