Is Richmond Sushi Good?

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2006 1:18 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 8, 2005
209 posts

Is Richmond Sushi Good?

I was just wondering if anyone has been to Richmond Sushi?
5 replies
Jul 27, 2003
583 posts
GVRD
It's not even good for all you can eat sushi, which itself is already gross.
Apr 16, 2006
701 posts
3 upvotes
I remember 6 years back Richmond Sushi wasn't all that bad. Food was decent, fish was fresh, and oyster motoyakis actually had oysters in them (or a semblance of oysters). It's been pure horse poopoo the past couple years and I wouldn't touch their food with a 6-foot pole.

Yes, Fukuroku is still da the place to go. It's a bit more expensive, but the food is decent. Or you can consider Ajitoro in Richmond. Not that bad, but my gf complained about the oyster motoyakis being too small. :P
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
2973 posts
302 upvotes
What exactly do you get when you order Sushi in a restaurant ? Is it a general item or do you order it and then choose what you want ?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
3914 posts
6 upvotes
700mb80min wrote:What exactly do you get when you order Sushi in a restaurant ? Is it a general item or do you order it and then choose what you want ?
When you order sushi, several different types of sushi fall under this term. There are rolls called "maki" which is sushi rice and seaweed (called "nori") wrapped around different items like crab, salmon, avacado, prawn, or whatever you order. For example, when you order the popular California Roll, it is rice and nori wrapped around crab, avacado, and cucumber. The rolls are usually cut into 5 or 6 smaller pieces. Or you can order the same item in a cone made out of nori.

There are also "sashimi" which is bascially a raw cut of fish that you eat over a bowl of rice. You order whichever fish is to your liking like salmon, tuna, prawn, eel, etc.

Then there is "nigiri" which is a raw cut of fish served on top of a little ball of rice. They have a lot of different types of fish like salmon, tuna, prawn, eel, squid, snappers, etc.
My DVDs for sale

"I want you to step back from the guacamole dip! I want you to put the chicken fingers down!"

U2 360 Tour in Vancouver, 2 Tickets for sale http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pair ... -a-805801/