Ongoing Deal Discussion

PC VR Games Sale and Daily Deals (Rift/ Linked Quest/ VIVE/ WMR)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2023 3:14 pm
Dec 9, 2015
59 posts
38 upvotes
alert
FatUnicorn wrote: Aw yeah, Rock Band VR is finally the daily deal for $28.99 (Reg $45.99). Seems pricey, even at that sale price, but I'm a foolish long time fan of Rock Band, and I've been wanting to try the VR version.

Now where did I put that Rock Band VR dongle... uh oh, time to dig through my box of controllers...
Highly recommend checking out Rocksmith if you can pick up a cheap (or free) guitar. I'm lucky enough to know a few people who have many guitars. The one thing I will warn people though, is that while rocksmith is fun, and at least for me it works, it can get expensive once you start buying other gear lol. To put it into perspective, I had an acoustic for about ten years, and probably played it ten times total. It got moved twice, and has been played once since I moved it to my recent place. (an additional 5 years to the original 10) Rocksmith kept me coming back to the electric almost daily. The game is addictive, and you build up those calluses in no time. I had to take a break for medical reasons, but can't wait to get back to playing again, and I will start with Rocksmith... and a Uke I bought... but that is more just to play funny songs for my daughter and overall have a highly portable instrument that isn't loud for the dock.
Apr 8, 2005
916 posts
633 upvotes
I finally bought a Rift thanks to the ebay 20% coupon and am looking at what games are available. Let me know if this clutters up your thread too much aasoror and I can create a new thread if you wish, but I wanted to summarise what you've worked on so far, and try to get a handle on top titles that every VR owner should be watching for. I was going to paste the deals you've posted so far here, but the spoiler tag isn't enabled, so I will try to update the thread summary instead.

These games seemed to be highly rated (sorted alphabetically). Can anyone highly recommend any of these or others, and/or downrate ones you tried but didn't like after all? (asterisks are Rift exclusive)

Alien: Isolation
Archangel
Arizona Sunshine
Ark Park
Artika.1
Assetto Corsa
Batman: Arkham VR
Beat Saber
Brass Tactics
Bullet Train
Catan VR
Chronos*
Coco VR
Dead and Buried*
Dear Esther*
Dragon Front
Dragon Front*
Eagle Flight
Edge of Nowhere*
Elite: Dangerous
Esper: The Collection
EVE: Valkyrie
Fallout 4 VR (Vive Exclusive)
Fantastic Contraption
Fated: The Silent Oath
From Other Suns
Fruit Ninja VR
Gunheart
Holoball
Hover Junkers (Vive Exclusive)
I Expect You to Die
Job Simulator: The 2050 Archives
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Kingspray
Landfall
Lone Echo & Echo Arena*
Lucky's Tale*
Minecraft VR
Obduction*
P.O.L.L.E.N
Project Cars
Raw Data
Rescuties VR
Resident Evil 7
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
Robinson: The Journey
Robo Recall*
Sairento VR
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
Skyrim VR
SportsBar VR
Sprint Vector
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Subnautica
Superhot VR
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Technolust
The American Dream
The Assembly
The Climb*
The Gallery: Call of the Starseed
The Invisible Hours
The Talos Principle VR
The Unspoken
Thumper
Tilt Brush
VR Sports Challenge
Wilson’s Heart*
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Today's Deal of the Day: Nevermind $12 (Reg $23)

Honorable mentions:

Sprint Vector $23 (Reg $35)

Remnith $3.5 (Reg $12)

Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Mykolas wrote: I finally bought a Rift thanks to the ebay 20% coupon and am looking at what games are available. Let me know if this clutters up your thread too much aasoror and I can create a new thread if you wish, but I wanted to summarise what you've worked on so far, and try to get a handle on top titles that every VR owner should be watching for. I was going to paste the deals you've posted so far here, but the spoiler tag isn't enabled, so I will try to update the thread summary instead.

These games seemed to be highly rated (sorted alphabetically). Can anyone highly recommend any of these or others, and/or downrate ones you tried but didn't like after all? (asterisks are Rift exclusive)

Here's what I recommend:

MUST HAVE
Superhot
SkyRim (play with mods)
Lone Echo

Also Good
From Other Suns (great game, but you really need MP to enjoy it. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of activity right now, so matchmaking can be difficult)
Elite Dangerous (get if you like space sims, skip if you don't)
Project Cars (get if you like racing sims, skip if you don't. Probably better off getting this on Steam b/c of higher amount of players for MP)
RoboRecall (probably came free with the rift. Great game regardless)
Arizone Sunshine (fun zombie shooter, not very long thought. Would recommend spending $<20)
Dec 19, 2006
517 posts
465 upvotes
wildzero wrote: Here's what I recommend:

MUST HAVE
Superhot
SkyRim (play with mods)
Lone Echo
I personally wouldn't recommend Skyrim or any of the other Bethesda VR stuff. It's really difficult to justify spending that much time in VR and honestly, they just play worse than the regular versions. Skyrim particularly feels really silly waving your arm around like a madman to slash with your sword. Brings back Wii waggling memories.

If you love music games, add Beat Saber to the list. Outstanding, a great game to demo to friends, and good exercise to boot.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
CROTEAM Bundle is on sale for a historical low on the included titles.

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope CDN$ 10.99

The Talos Principle VR CDN$ 10.99

Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter CDN$ 5.49

Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter CDN$ 5.49

Serious Sam VR: BFE CDN$ 5.68

Total: CDN$ 38.64

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5 ... VR_Bundle/
Jan 15, 2007
195 posts
66 upvotes
Thello wrote: I personally wouldn't recommend Skyrim or any of the other Bethesda VR stuff. It's really difficult to justify spending that much time in VR and honestly, they just play worse than the regular versions. Skyrim particularly feels really silly waving your arm around like a madman to slash with your sword. Brings back Wii waggling memories.
I'd get SkyRim but is there an installer for all the recommended Mods to make it better in VR?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
02m3smg wrote: I'd get SkyRim but is there an installer for all the recommended Mods to make it better in VR?
Yes - use nexus mods.

Google it. There's a good youtube video that shows you how to download and install the mods. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it and makes the game so much better than vanilla!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Since it's VR related, the Steam Summer Sale has begun which is on until July 5th.
I hope that listing it here is OK with aasoror, since it compliments the Oculus Daily deals and is relevant to the somewhat small RFD VR community.

https://store.steampowered.com/

Time to stock up!!!!
There are some great deals, and some not so great deals...so look for the % off indicator, or better yet use the Enhanced Steam Chrome app in order to see the lowest price history.
So far I'm going to pick up "The Forest" for $15.26 & "In Death" for $14.81...and most likely a dozen or so more once I read the list.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Daily Deal
Space Pirate Trainer $9 (Reg $17).

On steam side Invisible Hours is part of GameTrust $15 bundle (least was $17 just for the game from last Oculus sale)
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/7 ... st_Bundle/

Speaking of steam
Rift Pulls Ahead Of Vive, Windows VR Gains Ground In June Steam Hardware Survey

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)