Tags:
None
[OP]
May 13, 2013
22 posts
3 upvotes
Markham

Right to refuse to sell at No frills?

Went to No frills ,try to buy fish sauce $1.28, look around there is no sign to limited to buy,so carry three case to pay,but they refuse to sell.I wonder in Canada,if no sign to limited the quantity,and they still have right to refuse to sell?
13 replies
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3197 upvotes
Calgary
Yes. A merchant may refuse service to anyone for any reason other than those explicitly prohibited by law.
TodayHello wrote:
Oct 16th, 2012 9:06 pm
...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
Usually the limit is posted in the flyer if its on feature.
[OP]
May 13, 2013
22 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
Mark77 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 11:59 pm
Yes. A merchant may refuse service to anyone for any reason other than those explicitly prohibited by law.
Thanks .Good to know.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2508 posts
236 upvotes
Whitby
My local No Frills puts limits on sale items. They are usually loss leaders and don't want a single person clearing them out. If you aren't there on the day sales start you won't find the best deals much of the time anyway. I remember last year they put pork loin on sale for less than a buck per pound. All my local stores were picked clean by Saturday with a limit of 2, they never got it back in stock until the sale was over. 'Shorting' by the supplier was their excuse.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
5886 posts
1868 upvotes
Food Basics will typically limit sale items to 6/customer
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5387 posts
802 upvotes
Toronto
Its No Frills, not Costco. How many did they let you buy? What was left in stock? Any fish sauce left for me?

You sure like your fish...
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
716 upvotes
Dr Butcher wrote:
Oct 25th, 2013 1:34 pm
My local No Frills puts limits on sale items. They are usually loss leaders and don't want a single person clearing them out. If you aren't there on the day sales start you won't find the best deals much of the time anyway. I remember last year they put pork loin on sale for less than a buck per pound. All my local stores were picked clean by Saturday with a limit of 2, they never got it back in stock until the sale was over. 'Shorting' by the supplier was their excuse.
I guess you missed the 2 consecutive butter sale at no frills recently. Cleaned out by Friday both weekends. And of course no stock to be had by Saturday or Sunday.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2508 posts
236 upvotes
Whitby
Now that more stores price match, I don't feel too bad if a store is out of stock, I can pick it up somewhere else. Back in the day when price matching wasn't around it was 'get to the store the day of' or you missed out. Things I stock up on are mainly bricks of cheese and butter, butter freezes very well and cheese lasts for months. I routinely have 6 or so pounds of butter in the freezer and 10-12 500g bricks of a mixture of old cheddar and part-skim mozzarella. We go through a couple of bricks of cheese per week. I don't hoard much else. ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2508 posts
236 upvotes
Whitby
By the way, I'm not sure how many of you use it, there's an awesome app called Reebee, it's available at the iTunes store and Google Play. It's essential for those price matchers out there. I'm not sure how well it works nationally, around here it covers pretty much every store of importance in my area.

free-reebee-flyers-app-hot-hot-hot-1305441/

Unfortunately, Android users need Ice Cream Sandwich or later to use the app. My wife is on Gingerbread and can't use it on her phone.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16006 posts
3794 upvotes
Toronto
They have the right to limit quantities even when it is not stated in the flyer.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16006 posts
3794 upvotes
Toronto
Why do you need 3 cases of fish sauce?
May 10, 2008
85 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
carmaster wrote:
Oct 27th, 2013 1:17 pm
Why do you need 3 cases of fish sauce?
My guess is OP works at or owns a Thai or Vietnamese restaurant...