None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19099 posts
7172 upvotes
Toronto

Rim Refinishing Costs

So washed my car and swapped back to all seasons. Noticed that my rims have some curb rash and some scratches and dents from stone chips. Is it worth getting the rims refinished? How much does it typically cost?
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1467 posts
1123 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
carmaster wrote: So washed my car and swapped back to all seasons. Noticed that my rims have some curb rash and some scratches and dents from stone chips. Is it worth getting the rims refinished? How much does it typically cost?
Probably not worth it. You won't be more careful that they're cleaned up, in fact, you'll get even more mad at yourself the next time you get too close to the curb again.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19099 posts
7172 upvotes
Toronto
Wow $135 per rim. Not worth it. Better to get new rims.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18725 posts
2444 upvotes
Woodbridge
The only time I got a Curb Rash is when I got side swiped. I don't get it, I ripped my brother when he curbed his (OEM) wheels.

I've dealt with Max @ Leprecon when I got my ENKEI powder coated.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19099 posts
7172 upvotes
Toronto
Altera wrote: Probably not worth it. You won't be more careful that they're cleaned up, in fact, you'll get even more mad at yourself the next time you get too close to the curb again.
Ya your right. It will probably end up getting scratched next time I go on the highway anyways.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1820 posts
667 upvotes
GTA
depends where you get it done, also how much is the price of the rims?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29569 posts
15369 upvotes
Toronto
normally, people who would do this have rims cost a pretty pennies. Factory OEM wheel can cost upwards to like $2000 a piece (forged), if one got curbed, you better believe the owner will spend the nominal $135 - $150 to have it refinished.

As you have said, if the OEM rim only cost $135 to buy brand new, then it is a no-brainer at all.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5930 posts
2151 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Can of steel wheel paint, 'color of your choice or good old silver', can of clear urethane, couple of sheets of 200 and 400 sand paper, a bit of spot putty, some news paper and painters masking tape, a saturday with nothing else to do, have fun.
No need to even remove the tires. Total cost about $50.
Or dip or wrap them.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309