Expired Hot Deals

[Ring.com] Ring 48hr Sale - 14 Piece Alarm - $199.99 USD (additional 20% off with Teachers, Student, Military, Seniors))

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 9:12 pm
Nov 19, 2016
441 posts
228 upvotes
blairs1 wrote: I’ve got a very narrow entry point that has stairs that go straight downstairs.

I have light switches just inside the door, but they are about chest level for me.
What about wife level?

Happy wife happy life lol
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2141 posts
309 upvotes
Windsor
MisterTeee wrote: What about wife level?

Happy wife happy life lol
No wife in this scenario. Haha
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18872 posts
8517 upvotes
Oakville
blairs1 wrote: Looking to mount the keypad to the wall. What’s a normal height to mount? would light switch height (to the left or right ) be too low?

Trying to remember how high I’ve seen them previously..

Anyone else have pics of their keypad on the wall?
I mounted mine just above the light switches at the front door. Right about chin level for me, at 6'2. (and yeah, I haven't gotten around to painting over the previous alarm's holes yet)

Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Mar 7, 2002
595 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: I mounted mine just above the light switches at the front door. Right about chin level for me, at 6'2. (and yeah, I haven't gotten around to painting over the previous alarm's holes yet)
That looks slick. Did you use something like this for the AC adaptor? Image
Nov 23, 2006
291 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
dP21 wrote: That looks slick. Did you use something like this for the AC adaptor? Image
It's wireless and not meant to be plugged in 24/7. I've read on Reddit a lot of people who thought they would leave it plugged in constantly and it would freeze up on them frequently. Of course, YMMV and it may work perfectly. I think I read the battery lasts around 6-10 months depending on use.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18872 posts
8517 upvotes
Oakville
dP21 wrote: That looks slick. Did you use something like this for the AC adaptor?
Not nearly as neat as that, but mine is on the other side of the wall behind some furniture, so I didn't really care that it look perfect:
xmanofsteel69 wrote: It's wireless and not meant to be plugged in 24/7. I've read on Reddit a lot of people who thought they would leave it plugged in constantly and it would freeze up on them frequently. Of course, YMMV and it may work perfectly. I think I read the battery lasts around 6-10 months depending on use.
Unless they've updated it since I got mine back in March, that's not true. When you unplug it, it disables some of the functionality to preserve battery life. I haven't had any freezing issues at all. See the push alert that comes up when it gets unplugged:
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Nov 23, 2006
291 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
wearysky wrote: Not nearly as neat as that, but mine is on the other side of the wall behind some furniture, so I didn't really care that it look perfect:

Unless they've updated it since I got mine back in March, that's not true. When you unplug it, it disables some of the functionality to preserve battery life. I haven't had any freezing issues at all. See the push alert that comes up when it gets unplugged:
Ah. I think you're meaning the base. I was referring to the keypad. I didn't even notice the base in the original picture until I just looked again. Carry on!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2670 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
That was pretty quick. Ordered late on the 21st, packaged the next morning and taken by UPS on the 23rd. Arrived in Toronto today.

The 14pc kit was an 8pc kit plus 2x2 contact sensors, 1x motion detector and 1x extra keypad.