Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ring.com

Ring Video Doorbell Pro - Refurb - $99.99USD (additional 20% off with Teachers, Student, Military or Seniors Discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2020 11:55 am
Dec 26, 2017
827 posts
647 upvotes
First thank you op but the question here is ring pro vs Google door bell
Which is good and which to get ? I assume whatever you pick you'll have to go with their other products like door locks and such ?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1218 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
I already have the nest hello doorbell, so the ring pro is not much of an upgrade (but it does work with my SmartThing hub). The elite for $160 is tempting but installing that will be much harder than the ring pro..
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1629 posts
1374 upvotes
Do these type of refurbished items usually come with brand new hardware? (screws, mounting plates, etc)
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1310 posts
663 upvotes
EDMONTON
tonershop wrote: I already have the nest hello doorbell, so the ring pro is not much of an upgrade (but it does work with my SmartThing hub). The elite for $160 is tempting but installing that will be much harder than the ring pro..
Does nest hello work with Samsung SmartThings as well?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1218 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
delldeals8 wrote: Does nest hello work with Samsung SmartThings as well?
Not officially.. and the NST Manager app is pretty crappy to say the least.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1218 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto
k9fire wrote: What if you meet several categories? Does it matter which you pick?
Any of the categories will give you 20% off, but you can't stack it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8121 posts
2075 upvotes
Ottawa
Does the 20% actually work here?
This military, first responders, medical workers, students, and teachers discount program is valid in the U.S. only.
I guess the senior discount would work?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15493 posts
10160 upvotes
Southern Ontario
TheGuard wrote: Thanks for this! Military confirmation was really quick so I got the discount. Came to $125.56 CAD altogether using PayPal (in Ontario). I feel that's worth it. I don't feel like I need the recording capability as I can just log in with my phone and screen record if need be.
If you don't get hooked after the 30d free trial, then you're good. Problem is, no subscription means you miss recording ANY action beforehand by the time you connect with your phone no matter how fast your router is etc.

The Pro also records continuous 6s loops in colour that get seamlessly added to your recordings.

For example, you get home to open a box, the contents are broken, how? Well there's no recording of the delivery. Are you going to mind your phone every single time the doorbell rings and you get a notification? Even better, a few seconds are added to that recording of the events leading. Not only has it captured the neighbour kid as he's walking away, it's captured him walking up and throwing the package from a distance. Food for thought.
Oct 1, 2016
149 posts
152 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: Does the 20% actually work here?

I guess the senior discount would work?
There's a line for other countries military like Canada, Australia and UK. I can confirm it works for Canada with a NDI 75 Id.
Apr 5, 2010
373 posts
253 upvotes
One note about the Ring Video Doorbell Pro, if you have a mechanical doorbell, there is a 2-3 second delay between the button press on the Ring and the chime going off. This is apparently due to the fact that it doesn't have a battery and is powered directly from your existing doorbell wiring, so it only redirects power to the mechanical doorbell after it processes the button press and sends out notifications. The advantage is that is smaller than the regular Ring Doorbell, and there is no battery to charge/replace. I find it annoying but I've learned to live with it.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Video-Doo ... td-p/11905

Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2754 posts
2076 upvotes
Calgary
Definitely tempted to get the Pro. We have Nest Hello which I am very happy with, but I am also paying for Ring Alarm, which means the doorbell annual fee would be $0 extra and I can stop paying Nest separately. Only reason I haven’t made the switch yet is because I have found the Nest 24/7 recording to be a useful feature the odd time.
Oct 23, 2010
637 posts
113 upvotes
porksoda wrote: Ordered the Eufy 2K for 109.99 - wont ship to Can so gotta use services of an amerifriend.
Where did you order it from?
Apr 22, 2017
197 posts
170 upvotes
Manitoba
I'm already subscribed to Protect Plus with the Ring Alarm (the home insurance discount exceeds the yearly cost!), so there won't be any additional monthly fees for the video history and all that.

The 20% discount + taxes (MB), brought the pro to $84 USD with free shipping.

Unfortunately it looks like I will have to upgrade my doorbell transformer to accommodate the voltage requirements as well. The door-chime shouldn't have any issues switching from 10v to 16v, since the current transformer is outputting 13v, but we shall see!
┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
Jan 24, 2013
359 posts
179 upvotes
Ontario
Purchased this last month when it was on sale on Ring.com but at $119 refurbished with extra 20% health care professional discount ($96 usd). So at $80 usd this is an amazing deal. Can confirm that there is no duties or taxes (shipped to Ontario). Also received free 1 year trial of protect plus subscription which was automatically applied to my account upon installation (which was a surprise to me - YMMV?)

I have two of these - one is hardwired to my exisiting chime and the other I purchased a plug-in adapter to hardwire it that way. They both ring to my various Echo Dots / Shows around the house. Both work well and much better than the Ring Doorbell 2 which ran on battery and had terrible video delay issues.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1555 posts
145 upvotes
Do this run on batteries or electric hook up is required