Expired Hot Deals

[Ring.com] Ring Video Doorbell Pro - Refurb - $99.99USD (additional 20% off with Teachers, Student, Military or Seniors Discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 10:36 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6490 posts
931 upvotes
Ottawa
xrayii wrote: I added the doorbell and getting the error, discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart. Can someone please help? Thanks.
Means already used bro
Jul 27, 2015
88 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I’m having issues getting the blue ring to spin in order to detect wifi. When I press the orange button nothing happens
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34543 posts
20589 upvotes
Center of Universe
MrRambie wrote: I’m having issues getting the blue ring to spin in order to detect wifi. When I press the orange button nothing happens
What size transformer do you have?
Could also be a defective unit.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1684 posts
149 upvotes
MrRambie wrote: I’m having issues getting the blue ring to spin in order to detect wifi. When I press the orange button nothing happens
My unit did the same after one day, could not go to setup mode. Is your unit flashing white circle ?
If it’s not the transformer then you should call in. I spent over an hour with them and they are sending me a replacement .
Jul 27, 2015
88 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kid3 wrote: My unit did the same after one day, could not go to setup mode. Is your unit flashing white circle ?
If it’s not the transformer then you should call in. I spent over an hour with them and they are sending me a replacement .
I’m not sure if it’s the transformer as it is powered. When I try setting up it tells me to press the orange button to activate connection via wifi (spinning circle). When I press nothing happens.
Nov 10, 2016
83 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
MrRambie wrote: I’m not sure if it’s the transformer as it is powered. When I try setting up it tells me to press the orange button to activate connection via wifi (spinning circle). When I press nothing happens.
Yep, it looks like the unit is bricked it happened to me too, talk to support, you need a replacement.

I would also check the transformer, for some people it works fine with 16v10va, but it's hit and miss, to be on the safe side, they recommend at least 16v30va if its wired to the chime.
Nov 2, 2008
455 posts
42 upvotes
I had a hard time to see the Ring network when I try to setup mine, but did a googling, and found someone said if you press the setup button (the small orange button) on the ring pro for 30 second, the unit will reset itself, this works for me. Anyone has problem setting up might want to try it out.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2033 posts
936 upvotes
Ontario
How old do they consider seniors?
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Dec 9, 2009
118 posts
31 upvotes
canadaodyowner wrote: Anyone knows if it’ll work with 22v 10 va ? TIA
https://shop.ring.com/products/video-doorbell-pro
From Tech Specs and under "Power and Connectivity" section:

Hardwired: Requires a transformer (not included): 16-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz
No halogen or garden-lighting transformers; no DC transformer/power supply

It should but hope to get feedback from someone actually installed as per your requirement. - to be sure.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2145 posts
1080 upvotes
So is anyone here paying attention to the Prime deal for Ring Pro (new) plus a free Echo Show ? You can cancel/refund the echo show for about $61, bringing the new Pro down to about $140. Personally I've gone that route instead.

I also got the Eufy doorbell deal, and just need to pick one to keep.
Nov 23, 2006
292 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
razrsharp wrote: So is anyone here paying attention to the Prime deal for Ring Pro (new) plus a free Echo Show ? You can cancel/refund the echo show for about $61, bringing the new Pro down to about $140. Personally I've gone that route instead.

I also got the Eufy doorbell deal, and just need to pick one to keep.
I had this question as well - did you cancel prior to it shipping to get the discount? All things I see with "free echo/show" say if you cancel the free item before it ships, it'll cancel your order.

Also, the refurbished items are certified by them and come with a full warranty, so it really doesn't matter which way you go as it's treated as a "new" item.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2145 posts
1080 upvotes
xmanofsteel69 wrote: I had this question as well - did you cancel prior to it shipping to get the discount? All things I see with "free echo/show" say if you cancel the free item before it ships, it'll cancel your order.

Also, the refurbished items are certified by them and come with a full warranty, so it really doesn't matter which way you go as it's treated as a "new" item.
They shipped the echo show almost instantly, where the ring is not coming for a couple weeks. Now i have the option to refund it for $61 (inclusive of taxes).