Expired Hot Deals

[Ring.com] Ring Video Doorbell Pro - Refurb - $99.99USD (additional 20% off with Teachers, Student, Military or Seniors Discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 10:36 am
Nov 23, 2006
292 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
Oh awesome! And it doesn't mention about them cancelling your other order? I ordered the Ring alarm kit but really wanted the show 5 with it but didn't want the camera. Every time I looked it mentioned that I couldn't cancel part of the order and needed to keep everything, so I opted not to get that set for the cheaper Alarm kit* (corrected name) pack with free Echo. Maybe I'll be able to return the echo when I get it for whatever they're willing to give me back. But damn - should have went with my gut!

Please update when you return the show as I'm curious how smooth it is.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2152 posts
1083 upvotes
xmanofsteel69 wrote: Oh awesome! And it doesn't mention about them cancelling your other order? I ordered the Ring alarm kit but really wanted the show 5 with it but didn't want the camera. Every time I looked it mentioned that I couldn't cancel part of the order and needed to keep everything, so I opted not to get that set for the cheaper Alarm kit* (corrected name) pack with free Echo. Maybe I'll be able to return the echo when I get it for whatever they're willing to give me back. But damn - should have went with my gut!

Please update when you return the show as I'm curious how smooth it is.
Will do, if it happens though. I don't have anything like that so I might keep it to compliment the Ring should I keep it. The real question for me is Ring vs Eufy.
Edit: I'm starting to lean towards the Eufy. I don't mind the $3/month fee for Ring security if it's worth it, but there doesn't seem to be any clear real reason to choose the Ring Pro vs the Eufy based on what I've seen so far.
hmmm...
Nov 23, 2006
292 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
razrsharp wrote: Will do, if it happens though. I don't have anything like that so I might keep it to compliment the Ring should I keep it. The real question for me is Ring vs Eufy.
Edit: I'm starting to lean towards the Eufy. I don't mind the $3/month fee for Ring security if it's worth it, but there doesn't seem to be any clear real reason to choose the Ring Pro vs the Eufy based on what I've seen so far.
hmmm...
I think if your main reason for getting it is just to see who's at the door / see recorded events, it's hard to justify paying Ring to get that when others, such as Eufy, do it without a monthly fee. My reason for picking the Ring Pro is because I also plan to get the security system (already ordered) and will be paying for the monthly monitoring (cheapest I can find) which includes the Ring Doorbell recording as well. On top of that, as long as I remain with Rings monitoring, I would get a lifetime warranty on all Ring products - which was a no brainer for me if I'm already planning on paying for the service (which also includes a monthly discount for home insurance).

So, if I wasn't already getting the security system, I would probably go for Eufy or other, or maybe not even get a smart doorbell. Hard to tell.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2152 posts
1083 upvotes
xmanofsteel69 wrote: I think if your main reason for getting it is just to see who's at the door / see recorded events, it's hard to justify paying Ring to get that when others, such as Eufy, do it without a monthly fee. My reason for picking the Ring Pro is because I also plan to get the security system (already ordered) and will be paying for the monthly monitoring (cheapest I can find) which includes the Ring Doorbell recording as well. On top of that, as long as I remain with Rings monitoring, I would get a lifetime warranty on all Ring products - which was a no brainer for me if I'm already planning on paying for the service (which also includes a monthly discount for home insurance).

So, if I wasn't already getting the security system, I would probably go for Eufy or other, or maybe not even get a smart doorbell. Hard to tell.
Good to know. My main purpose is to add video doorbell, as I've already got an older qSee camera system that still runs well. It's pretty useless at notifications though, every leaf that blows in the wind sets it off so it's only really useful if there's an incident and you need to look it up. Debating whether I should modernize the whole thing and go IP based, as it's not totally necessary...
Sep 8, 2002
247 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
onefive wrote: im looking to buy the alarm system does that require a subscription?
It is supposed to work without a subscription, but I don't know much about which features will be omitted. I have a subscription.
Nov 23, 2006
292 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
iambored wrote: It is supposed to work without a subscription, but I don't know much about which features will be omitted. I have a subscription.
Only includes self-monitoring without subscription - pretty much only get notifications that something has happened on your phone but nothing else - any cameras will not hold recordings and you can only view the live feed, you lose out on the lifetime warranty, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1161 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
The Ring Pro is only hardwired model correct?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34550 posts
20595 upvotes
Center of Universe
w00t wrote: The Ring Pro is only hardwired model correct?
IIRC one of the other battery units can also be hardwired, but only functions to recharge the internal battery, versus a constant power source.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4953 posts
2476 upvotes
Northside
Thinking about replacing my parents Rogers home monitoring (complete crap) with Ring?

I would like to purchase the Pro in addition to the 14 piece kit from Amazon. Thoughts? I will purchase the monitoring service as well!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18985 posts
8604 upvotes
Oakville
zaidyboy wrote: Thinking about replacing my parents Rogers home monitoring (complete crap) with Ring?

I would like to purchase the Pro in addition to the 14 piece kit from Amazon. Thoughts? I will purchase the monitoring service as well!
I replaced my Rogers home monitoring setup with Ring. Totally worth it, for me, the alarm system hardware was paid off within a few months due to the cheaper monitoring costs.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2670 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
zaidyboy wrote: Thinking about replacing my parents Rogers home monitoring (complete crap) with Ring?

Hey Zaidyboy -- long time no talk.

Completely agree with you ditching Rogers. I'm in a similar boat right now (10 months left to go) and have nothing but issues with my front camera dropping off all the time. I purchased the refurb pro doorbell from the other thread and will likely pick up the 14 pc kit along side a stick up cam for the basement. Keep in mind monitoring is $150/year but that includes cloud video coverage as well for ALL cameras on the account. Still cheaper than Rogers.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2670 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
wearysky wrote: I replaced my Rogers home monitoring setup with Ring. Totally worth it, for me, the alarm system hardware was paid off within a few months due to the cheaper monitoring costs.
Dealing with about 10-months left on my contract with them and a camera that keeps dropping NIGHTLY at random times. Looking to find my way out so I'm order the 14 pc kit alongside the stick up cam -- already have the video doorbell pro coming from the refurb thread. Just trying to figure out what to do for the front door since the Weiser Smart Code 10 is Zigbee and not Z-Wave.
Apr 6, 2007
39 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
nanoo777 wrote: Dealing with about 10-months left on my contract with them and a camera that keeps dropping NIGHTLY at random times. Looking to find my way out so I'm order the 14 pc kit alongside the stick up cam -- already have the video doorbell pro coming from the refurb thread. Just trying to figure out what to do for the front door since the Weiser Smart Code 10 is Zigbee and not Z-Wave.
What about an August Smart Lock Pro? On sale now on Amazon

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)