Expired Hot Deals

[Ring.com] Ring Video Doorbell Pro - Refurb - $99.99USD (additional 20% off with Teachers, Student, Military or Seniors Discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 10:36 am
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4956 posts
2476 upvotes
Northside
wearysky wrote: I replaced my Rogers home monitoring setup with Ring. Totally worth it, for me, the alarm system hardware was paid off within a few months due to the cheaper monitoring costs.
nanoo777 wrote: Hey Zaidyboy -- long time no talk.

Completely agree with you ditching Rogers. I'm in a similar boat right now (10 months left to go) and have nothing but issues with my front camera dropping off all the time. I purchased the refurb pro doorbell from the other thread and will likely pick up the 14 pc kit along side a stick up cam for the basement. Keep in mind monitoring is $150/year but that includes cloud video coverage as well for ALL cameras on the account. Still cheaper than Rogers.
Hi guys,

I went ahead and ordered it. I hope it's not a nightmare to install lol.

Ordered the Pro (wired) and 14 piece set!
Jan 8, 2017
186 posts
30 upvotes
What happens when there is no power ? I have ring pro and 3 floodlight cam
Nov 23, 2004
600 posts
925 upvotes
Ontario
aprilgermany wrote: What happens when there is no power ? I have ring pro and 3 floodlight cam
Unless you've got them on battery backup systems, they'd go out with the power.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34552 posts
20596 upvotes
Center of Universe
aprilgermany wrote: What happens when there is no power ? I have ring pro and 3 floodlight cam
Lights out...
Jan 8, 2017
186 posts
30 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Unless you've got them on battery backup systems, they'd go out with the power.
That's messed up then I do not have any battery backup at my place Upside-down Face
Nov 23, 2004
600 posts
925 upvotes
Ontario
aprilgermany wrote: That's messed up then I do not have any battery backup at my place Upside-down Face
I wouldn't say it's "messed up" for an electrical device to lose power when the power goes out - pretty expected really.

Battery backups are fairly cheap to just put a few devices on them, but with most of these "connected" devices you need the camera + internet modem all on battery backup as they're fairly dependent on a cloud connection to function. This usually means multiple small UPS's wherever the cameras are and the modem.

Personally, I use POE cameras so I just need to put my main POE switch and NVR on a UPS (which is hidden away in the house) and everything will function for many hours in a power outage, and even continue recording and sending local alerts with a full loss of internet too. Being able to do this is also why I don't use the likes of Ring and have gone more mix-and-match for my home security setup.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13270 posts
7028 upvotes
Southern Ontario
aprilgermany wrote: That's messed up then I do not have any battery backup at my place Upside-down Face
Rare issue in real use. Thieves don't care, all those facebook vids they don't even cover themselves up. Someone willing to cut power or interrupt the feed is a bigger problem.

Or if your area gets frequent outages, maybe use a wire free Blink XT2. You will need to battery backup your router and Blink Sync Module with local storage.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18985 posts
8604 upvotes
Oakville
I mean, if you don't have your router and modem on battery backup, when the power goes out even if your cameras stayed on, they'd have nowhere to record to.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2670 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
zaidyboy wrote: Hi guys,

I went ahead and ordered it. I hope it's not a nightmare to install lol.

Ordered the Pro (wired) and 14 piece set!
It's not that hard to install, really. And it's far more reliable than the SMH -- err -- SHM it's going to be replacing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6228 posts
314 upvotes
Scarborough
I got mine yesterday. I don't have a front door bell so I will have to buy a plug for this and maybe plug it into my front door light socket
Sep 10, 2015
200 posts
36 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I set mine up and didn’t get the 1 year. Unsure if anyone else got it?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2670 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
Mine arrived today. Sealed box but certified refurbished sticker is on the back of the box. Looks mint.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)