Expired Hot Deals

[Ring.com] Ring Video Doorbell Pro - Refurb - $99.99USD (additional 20% off with Teachers, Student, Military or Seniors Discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 10:36 am
Nov 12, 2003
165 posts
123 upvotes
Riverview
Received 2 Pros today. Both were absolutely mint.
Hooked up the first one to the front door and couldn’t get it to connect. Apparently you need to wait for the unit to charge and that can take 30 mins or so. Eventually got it working then it did an update and bricked itself.
Unhooked that one and installed the other in its place - perfect and no issues (successfully updated)
Nov 10, 2016
82 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
flexsingh wrote: I set mine up and didn’t get the 1 year. Unsure if anyone else got it?
That 1 year promo apparently comes with devices purchased from costco, I think I saw someone lucky got a return refurbished from costco and that's why he got 1 year trial, but don't believe on that, I am not sure where I read that.

[...]

Just an update, a quick resume I received my doorbell and it worked like 1 day and then went offline, replaced transformer , worked for like 1 hour and then got bricked, then I got a replacement.

I got the replacement and installed it, apparently its been working fine until I decided to try the microphone, well, when I use the microphone to talk to someone outside it triggers the indoor chime, so annoying, I decided to call support again and after some testing, yeah you guessed it right, I will get another replacement.

So bad quality control, if the next replacement is faulty I will go with another one brand, apparently eufy is good but with its own issues too.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 11th, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote and your response were removed
Nov 24, 2017
142 posts
109 upvotes
Mississauga
I finally managed to install mine today. I had the same experience where it wouldn't be ready to pair, and I thought I had bricked it. It turned out I needed to wait 30 minutes before it became ready to pair. I also had to remove my old Ring DoorBell 1st Gen and it leaves an ugly hole at the bottom.

I also had the Ring Basic plan that I had been paying for the past 3 years. They actually charged me a couple of days ago ($30 USD). So, I gave their customer care a call and asked them to refund the money since I now had the Protect Plus Trial. Hence they pro-rated the basic plan and returned almost $30 USD.

Hence, that makes the deal very hot since I will try and sell the original doorbell, and was anyway paying for their basic plan.
Furymaxx wrote: Received 2 Pros today. Both were absolutely mint.
Hooked up the first one to the front door and couldn’t get it to connect. Apparently you need to wait for the unit to charge and that can take 30 mins or so. Eventually got it working then it did an update and bricked itself.
Unhooked that one and installed the other in its place - perfect and no issues (successfully updated)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6474 posts
918 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey all, I'm gonna attempt an install of this into my in-laws' 2004 townhome. I'll have to go through the setup to see if they need a transformer or not, but what's all the talk about the bell? Is it not possible to use the existing chime? I'll only be there for a few days so I want to make sure I have everything I need or order at ahead if needed.
Nov 23, 2006
291 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
jeeva86 wrote: Hey all, I'm gonna attempt an install of this into my in-laws' 2004 townhome. I'll have to go through the setup to see if they need a transformer or not, but what's all the talk about the bell? Is it not possible to use the existing chime? I'll only be there for a few days so I want to make sure I have everything I need or order at ahead if needed.
Here is the list of listed compatible door chimes, as well as ones that are not. Obviously not an exhaustive list, but hopefully covers everything you need.
Apr 24, 2007
23 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome deal, thanks again. The refurb they sent me was actually a dud, they replaced it with a brand new unit.
Nov 10, 2016
82 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
Hello everyone, just an update of my doorbell.

I received the new replacement in a white box that says replacement and noticed that the doorbell was different, after some digging, I found that they have several versions of the doorbell pro, like the oldest one (the one I received) does not have a heatsink in the back, the speaker is placed in the bottom instead of the sides and appears to be missing some sensor in the front, from what I found is that this older model overheats a lot, the button breaks down easily and because of this ring has been calling customers (silently) to replace their doorbell to the newest model available.

It is kinda hard to tell which version it is other than the physical differences as in the serial number there's no indication if its v1, v2 or v3, I called support and explained that I didn't want an older model because of the issues and they will send me (again) a newer model.

Also I must add that I nicely asked about the one year trial, and the agent told me that this was only for products bought at Costco, but because of my troubles (several replacements and still not 100% working doorbell), the agent was really nice and gave me one year trial, so it doesn't hurt to ask but of course a huge YMMV, I must say that customer service is excellent.

Here's the video of the differences:

Nov 10, 2016
82 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
flexsingh wrote: Mine was the one with the heatsink
Yes, I think to everyone that its buying from the site new or refurbished will receive the newer model, for me I received the newer model and it failed, the first replacement was also a new model and it failed too, then the second replacement came and it was the older model, so this is more for those that their doorbell failed and received a replacement, there's a chance that they will receive the older model.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6474 posts
918 upvotes
Ottawa
I got the rear heat sink version too. Just installed it at the in-laws. Voltage at doorbell was 19ish volts. Doorbell worked with existing chime too. Now I hope it doesn’t become a dud a few months later cuz we live 4hrs apart..
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2670 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
That was probably the easiest thing to install, ever. Most difficult part was trying to figure out which breaker it was on.

Only other thing I did was relocate my eero pro to the hallway (about ten feet away). Saw the rssi go from -60 to -50. Running it on 5Ghz. Could probably move it to 2.4Ghz for better signal levels but that’ll do.

Edit: Scratch that. Infrared mode keeps kicking in every ten seconds. Ring customer support had me power cycle and then hard reset the doorbell. Kept doing it.

Now they’re sending out a replacement. They said voltage is good and that this shouldn’t be happening.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2670 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
capogalo wrote: I must say that customer service is excellent.
Most definitely great customer service. I’m curious to see which one they send me. If they’ve been silently recalling older generation models, I’m assuming they’re fixing whatever the issue(s) is/(are).

My camera, only in night mode, makes a constant clicking sound as it tries to balance lighting as there is an LED light post (security light in our complex) ahead in the frame. If I turn on my porch light, that problem goes away.
Nov 10, 2016
82 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
nanoo777 wrote: Most definitely great customer service. I’m curious to see which one they send me. If they’ve been silently recalling older generation models, I’m assuming they’re fixing whatever the issue(s) is/(are).

My camera, only in night mode, makes a constant clicking sound as it tries to balance lighting as there is an LED light post (security light in our complex) ahead in the frame. If I turn on my porch light, that problem goes away.
It's a shame that you got a dud, like I said it looks like good quality is not their best, at least customer service is good, in my case my third replacement came and is still triggering the chime if I talk through my phone, I'm thinking about changing the chime but not sure if it will fix that, it's not a big big deal tho.

Be sure to ask nicely about the one year trial, maybe you can get it in compensation for your "troubles" like me.