Expired Hot Deals

[Ring.com] Ring Video Doorbell Pro - Refurb - $99.99USD (additional 20% off with Teachers, Student, Military or Seniors Discount)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2020 10:36 am
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2670 posts
350 upvotes
Mississauga
capogalo wrote: It's a shame that you got a dud, like I said it looks like good quality is not their best, at least customer service is good, in my case my third replacement came and is still triggering the chime if I talk through my phone, I'm thinking about changing the chime but not sure if it will fix that, it's not a big big deal tho.

Be sure to ask nicely about the one year trial, maybe you can get it in compensation for your "troubles" like me.
Again, thank you for your help with going this route. I know I said it properly but would like to publicly do that as well.

Your issue almost sounds like a voltage issue but I’m not sure. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll see what they can do once I’m up and running successfully. :)

Ring Alarm Kit with Retrofit Kit showed today. Less than a week from the time UPS picked it up. Replacement doorbell has been ready for pickup since the morning of the 26th. :(
Dec 11, 2008
719 posts
125 upvotes
NL
After installing the doorbell in the front, my mechanical back doorbell no longer chimes. I have already replaced the transformer before installing the video doorbell. Any ideas why my back doorbell doesn't ring?
Nov 23, 2006
291 posts
142 upvotes
Ontario
disque wrote: After installing the doorbell in the front, my mechanical back doorbell no longer chimes. I have already replaced the transformer before installing the video doorbell. Any ideas why my back doorbell doesn't ring?
Did you accidentally remove the wire attached to the Rear terminal of the doorbell? Only thing I can think of.
Nov 10, 2016
82 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
disque wrote: After installing the doorbell in the front, my mechanical back doorbell no longer chimes. I have already replaced the transformer before installing the video doorbell. Any ideas why my back doorbell doesn't ring?
yeah like @xmanofsteel69 said, you should check if the wires are correctly attached, did you also check if your chime is supported? there are many chimes that are not compatible.
Dec 11, 2008
719 posts
125 upvotes
NL
capogalo wrote: yeah like @xmanofsteel69 said, you should check if the wires are correctly attached, did you also check if your chime is supported? there are many chimes that are not compatible.
I'll check to see if accidently removed the wire to the rear doorbell. It's the same chime for the front and back doorbell. It works for the front, so I never checked the list of supported chimes.

Thank you
Jul 1, 2010
43 posts
35 upvotes
Just wanted to mention that it appears these are back in stock! Thanks OP
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18872 posts
8517 upvotes
Oakville
chruzie wrote: Just wanted to mention that it appears these are back in stock! Thanks OP
Sweet! By the time I convinced the wife last time, it had gone back to regular refurb price. Ring Protect discount stacked with Senior discount, so it ended up being $81.36 USD all in after tax for me in ON.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1526 posts
806 upvotes
Finally got it installed with the nice weather today. Recd the v2 with the side heat vents.

It took a few minutes with power off the house and got the install super fast. However, it took over an hour++ for the blue light blinking to start the setup process.. i just had to be patient to let it charge.. initially i was thinking it maybe not enough voltage with the blue light flashing. anyways. So far so good with the doorbell. We will see how long it will last... some reviews have issues after a few months..
Oct 18, 2012
156 posts
7 upvotes
GTA
Can someone please pm me a code ?

Thanks so much in advance
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6479 posts
926 upvotes
Ottawa
anyone know how the warranty works on these? i installed one for my in-laws and put them on the basic plan, if they run into issues, who would claim the warranty since I'd be the purchaser and they'd be the one using it.

edit: contacted ring support to confirm:
Me: Hi, I bought a ring video doorbell and gifted it to my parents. They signed up and are on the basic plan. If they run into a hardware issue, who would submit the warranty information?

Ring: Hello. Good day to you! Thank you for bringing this up, I'll be happy to answer this. To answer this, the warranty of the device base on when was the first set-up of the device.

Me: so if I buy the device today and they set it up on Feb 2021, their warranty will go til Feb 2022 right? Who would submit the claim?

Ring: Yes, you're correct. Regardless who will as long as it is under warranty.

Me: but they won't have proof of purchase

Ring: Yes, but we can see here from our system when was the device first set-up date.