Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ring

Ring Alarm Home Security System Kit $260 - $330 (Save $50-$90USD) - ships to CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 11:00 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2660 posts
670 upvotes
GTA

Ring Alarm Home Security System Kit $260 - $330 (Save $50-$90USD) - ships to CAD

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Ring
Hello,

Didn't want to hi-jack the Nest Alarm thread, so I created this one.
Got a tip from @GunnerX
You can order this direct from their website and save on taxes and no duties.
Prices are in USD on their website - still cheaper than any retailer in Canada.

https://shop.ring.com/collections/secur ... curity-kit

I ordered mine Feb 14th and with a Monday holiday, I received mine yesterday with no issues.
No subscription required to use, but if you want home monitoring, is 10/month or 100 USD for the year
And if you have the Ring Door Bell, the monthly subscription also includes their cloud video service.
Another thing is if you move, it is easy to take the system with you.

I haven't set it up yet, but reviews seem good.

UPDATE: Ring Alarm Contact Senors $26 at Lowes, buy two for free shipping + $10 off email code comes to $47.44 shipped in Ontario
I needed a couple extra
https://www.lowes.ca/sensors-trackers/r ... ing-senors
Last edited by blues45 on Jul 29th, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $8758.00
763 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1159 posts
244 upvotes
5% off sale items
10% off regular price

I have order the same package , I receive this in 7 days. It is shipped by Fedex. You can call and e-mail them, you can ask for more discount once you have the subscription. You will get 5% off sale items and 10% off regular. I received the discount. I was not charged tax or duties.

Simon
feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=657823
ebay feedback : demon_twinz
heatware ID: demon_twinz99
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2660 posts
670 upvotes
GTA
Demon_Twinz wrote: 5% off sale items
10% off regular price

I have order the same package , I receive this in 7 days. It is shipped by Fedex. You can call and e-mail them, you can ask for more discount once you have the subscription. You will get 5% off sale items and 10% off regular. I received the discount. I was not charged tax or duties.
I tried getting additional discount when I ordered, they wouldn't give it to me, YMMV I guess
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2660 posts
670 upvotes
GTA
steved54321 wrote: Which combo is the best deal?
Depends on your house and what you need monitoring.
I bought the most basic as I only have a town house
But you can add individual items as you see fit down the line if you need to expand the system.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1531 posts
103 upvotes
blues45 wrote: I tried getting additional discount when I ordered, they wouldn't give it to me, YMMV I guess
Note, once you subscribe to their their protection service, you automatically get 10% off product. Not sure what "additional" discount you're referring to.
Sep 25, 2003
284 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
Upgraded to the Ring Protect plan since I had the door bell on basic plan. The ring protect plans includes the monitoring and gave me an extra 10% off the ring alarm package. No extra taxes makes this a better deal. Home Insurance discount for a monitored alarm about covers the protect plan. Bonus that all equipment is covered for extra warranty as long as you keep the protect plan.
Nov 28, 2009
775 posts
754 upvotes
Pickering
zhewie wrote: Upgraded to the Ring Protect plan since I had the door bell on basic plan. The ring protect plans includes the monitoring and gave me an extra 10% off the ring alarm package. No extra taxes makes this a better deal. Home Insurance discount for a monitored alarm about covers the protect plan. Bonus that all equipment is covered for extra warranty as long as you keep the protect plan.
What insurer are you with? I'm going to call Allstate and find out if they will provide a discount with this. Allstate said discount is $14 annually if with Roger's home security they provide 25% first year oh well.
Last edited by steved54321 on Feb 20th, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 23, 2012
310 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
steved54321 wrote: What insurer are you with? I'm going to call Allstate and find out if they will provide a discount with this. Allstate said discount is $14 annually if with Roger's home security they provide 25% first year oh well.
I got a discount for this went from the monitoring centre to RIng no change in pricing for my insurance

Also Tip about the permit # is that in city of York there is no need to renew just takes about a week or so

I like the system super easy to install and setup

Also next tip

If you have a DoorBell 2 you can ask them for the ring doorbell Pro
Reason is because regular price for doorbell 2 is 199*usd*
And pro now is on sale for 199*usd*
So it is straight swap
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2660 posts
670 upvotes
GTA
zhewie wrote: Upgraded to the Ring Protect plan since I had the door bell on basic plan. The ring protect plans includes the monitoring and gave me an extra 10% off the ring alarm package. No extra taxes makes this a better deal. Home Insurance discount for a monitored alarm about covers the protect plan. Bonus that all equipment is covered for extra warranty as long as you keep the protect plan.
This is interesting, I will have to call my insurance.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1159 posts
244 upvotes
I am also going from TMC to Ring and my insurance will still get me 8% discount from TD insurance. What do you mean the doorbell 2 will switch to doorbell pro?
MOOMOO19 wrote: I got a discount for this went from the monitoring centre to RIng no change in pricing for my insurance

Also Tip about the permit # is that in city of York there is no need to renew just takes about a week or so

I like the system super easy to install and setup

Also next tip

If you have a DoorBell 2 you can ask them for the ring doorbell Pro
Reason is because regular price for doorbell 2 is 199*usd*
And pro now is on sale for 199*usd*
So it is straight swap
feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=657823
ebay feedback : demon_twinz
heatware ID: demon_twinz99
Aug 23, 2012
310 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Demon_Twinz wrote: I am also going from TMC to Ring and my insurance will still get me 8% discount from TD insurance. What do you mean the doorbell 2 will switch to doorbell pro?
If you call in or chat with a ring representative and say motion is hard to detect due to it being cold weather and you would like to have an upgrade for the Pro for better motion detection

Ring door bell 2 uses heat detection so usually delivery guys or mail persons will be bundled up in clothing
Aug 23, 2012
310 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Demon_Twinz wrote: so if I have a ring doorbell 2. and it is crap. I just call in and complain about my doorbell 2, and they will send me a free doorbell pro?
thanks
Simon
You have to ask for the upgrade due to the fact that can’t detect in winter
Jun 30, 2015
74 posts
124 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
Got one 4-pieces package a few weeks ago in US bestbuy, it was with $40 off promo. USD $159 plus echo dot 2nd gen. pretty satisfied so far.
Does anyone use other z-wave radio cameras connecting to the ring station? The Ring stick up camera is quite expensive to me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)