Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell (USA Deal)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2016 3:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 25, 2008
85 posts
11 upvotes

Ring Wi-Fi Video Doorbell (USA Deal)

Deal Link:
Price:
$199
Savings:
20% Off
Expiry:
July 5, 2015
Have been looking for a promotion code for a while, homecontrols.com now has 20% off with coupon code FREEDOM2015. After shipping the price will be USA$185.94 to Ontario which is slightly better than official website and Amazon.com.

http://www.homecontrols.com/Ring-Video- ... RG00xFC100

According to @quanta:
"Buyer beware, the Ring seems to have mixed reviews. It was previously known as the DoorBot:
http://www.wired.com/2015/02/review-rin ... -doorbell/ "
on this post:
where-buy-front-door-camera-intercom-1733969/
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2004
1108 posts
960 upvotes
I had the original doorbot and it was garbage. Android app didn't work. A lot of delay notifying the ios app. Had to be within 10 feet from my access point to work.

Based on the review it looks like the issues with delay are still there so I would advise against buying one. 30 seconds is along time for someone to wait at your door for a response.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was so close to buying this too but than reviews are very poor on it. Unless they have improved dunno how to tell since theres no retail store that sells them as far as i know?
Sep 30, 2005
701 posts
60 upvotes
I am using the Ring right now and I find it really good. When you are at home on Wifi, the response is a few seconds at most. But I do agree, it can take up to 20 - 30 seconds to get notification when you are away (ie. on cellular data). But the clarity of the video has been amazing and the motion (infrared) has been working as stated. I have had this doorbell for about 6 months now, so I can't comment on how it handles the Canadian winters.

I hooked up the Ring to my door bell which also charges the ring, so I don't have to charge it every 6 -12 months for those on complete wireless. I also have the Ring Chime which works well, but not required unless you are fully wireless. PM me if you want more details. I personally think it was worth the full price I paid.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1353 posts
727 upvotes
I can vouch for Ring as well. I had the original Doorbot, it was crap. But Ring actually works and is wife approved!

The important thing is to make sure you have proper wifi where it's going to be installed. Otherwise, you will get delays and crappy audio/video.

I also bought the Ring Chime, worth it if you don't hook it up to your original doorbell.
Oct 22, 2011
264 posts
358 upvotes
I have both doorbot and ring and ring is much much better... 99% of the time it rings within 5secs on phone. I use the motion detection a lot for the stealth deliveries
Dec 22, 2001
920 posts
190 upvotes
HomeDepot near me is carrying these for $230. Still cheaper to buy from the US, but not by a crazy amount
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4567 posts
1980 upvotes
GVRD
interested to buy this, but only at lower price :)
Feb 11, 2002
536 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
I also started with the Doorbot which was a piece of junk. The Ring doorbell on the other hand works great. We had issues with the motion detecting and if the sun is behind the camera it washes out very easily but otherwise it works great. We get ring through to our phone right away most of the time.
Mar 29, 2010
110 posts
100 upvotes
Kitchener
So whats stopping ppl from ripping this off the door?
May 17, 2013
4 posts
NORTH YORK
There is a Lifetime purchase protection by the company. If you present them the police report within 15 days of you loosing it, they will send you new unit free for ONCE in lifetime.