Sad news, Rapper from the 90's DMX Past Away

Gonna miss his music, rip! Rest In Piece
Hi
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22108 posts
3338 upvotes
Toronto
dood was in pretty bad shape the last several years..........

RIP - that Ruff Ryders anthem is classic....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2017
1053 posts
850 upvotes
Dig more.

DMX Received Covid Vaccine Days Before Heart Attack - Family Says NO DRUGS! (EXCLUSIVE)
https://mtonews.com/dmx-received-covid- ... -exclusive

..."The grieving kin explained, "He took that vaccine, and he had a heart attack. I'm not saying the vaccine did it, but he never had a heart attack before."
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1752 posts
1188 upvotes
Southern Ontario
sandeep8g wrote: Dig more.

DMX Received Covid Vaccine Days Before Heart Attack - Family Says NO DRUGS! (EXCLUSIVE)
https://mtonews.com/dmx-received-covid- ... -exclusive

..."The grieving kin explained, "He took that vaccine, and he had a heart attack. I'm not saying the vaccine did it, but he never had a heart attack before."
I like the part about his "past drug issues" mentioned in the article but the family was angered about the "drugs" being stated as a possible cause. He could have ruined his heart doing Coke and other hard drugs, back in the 90's when he was a name. Also wouldn't be shocked if he used some roids in his day, not too many rappers going around with no shirt, all fat and sloppy.

Vaccines do have some side effects, I would probably think whichever vaccine company it was, they'd fight tooth and nail to blame it on him to save their reputation. The autopsy might tell them more.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10188 posts
1982 upvotes
Looks like all the cool rappers are all dying. Feeling pretty old. At least Snoops is just ranting and playing games online lol.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8621 posts
5562 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: dood was in pretty bad shape the last several years..........

RIP - that Ruff Ryders anthem is classic....
He was honestly looking good and like he was getting his life back on track ever since early 2019 when he performed during Kanye's Coachella Sunday Service and also looked good at his Verzuz with Snoop. He was in the process of recording a new album that's apparently stacked with top tier producers and features which I'm hoping still comes out.

Also this track with The Lox from last year FireFireFire
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2007
1050 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
I still can't believe it. I loved this guy so much. He kept it real all his life and never sold his soul to the music industry.
I remember back in 1999 looking in the mirror rapping and imitating him.
Life is so short...
RIP DMX
:( :( :(
Stumbled upon RFD by mistake, best mistake of my internet life i must say...... :D
Apr 8, 2021
58 posts
45 upvotes
Montreal
Rip DMX

Another era.

X gonna give it to ya’ dawg Musical Note
'2003
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10188 posts
1982 upvotes
For the gen X and gen Y, this news is bigger than Prince Philip's.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11217 posts
2257 upvotes
Durham Region
spike1128 wrote: For the gen X and gen Y, this news is bigger than Prince Philip's.
One was 99, the other was 50. Both are sad but one was to be expected.

As for DMX, it's too bad his struggles with addiction were more than likely the cause of his death. Listened to some of his songs in the last couple days to take me back to my teen years when nothing mattered.

All I can say is hip hop and rap were so so much better back then. Now you got no talent hipsters throwing random songs out to see what sticks using ghost writers.

There's talent out there but compared to now, the stuff of today can't even touch the past.

RIP.

One of my favourite songs by him was Let Me Fly
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4898 posts
3800 upvotes
Oh wow...I was watching re-runs of the Chappelle show the other week and saw the one with DMX...RIP.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8621 posts
5562 upvotes
Toronto
the new album "Exodus" he was recording before he passed released on all streaming platforms yesterday and it's very good having been entirely exec produced by Swizz. The tracks feat Nas, Hov, Wayne, Snoop and Griselda are great