• Dec 30th, 2019 2:14 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20441 posts
21569 upvotes
Toronto

RIP Pizza Hut/Pizza Hut Buffet at 900 Dufferin St

The KFC /Taco Bell soldiers on. However the Pizza Hut part of restaurant now permanently closed :(
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
17 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15444 posts
3135 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: The KFC /Taco Bell soldiers on. However the Pizza Hut part of restaurant now permanently closed :(
Good! I am glad they finally made that decision. For the longest time (a little over a year now, at least) they would keep saying "it's closed for now. Maybe next week it will be back..."

For those who want Pizza hut in that area, a Pizza Hut has opened up not too far down the road near Ossington & Bloor. (Bloor & Concord, across the street from the Long & McQuade music store)
No more Pizza buffet though. As crappy as it was, I actually miss it.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4909 posts
2266 upvotes
Mississauga
Pizza Hut buffets were the best back when I was in university. Not too expensive and you could just destroy as many pieces as you could handle. And there was always room for dessert pizza!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3526 posts
205 upvotes
Not too surprising since in the Mall itself, the Teriyaki Experience closed (soon to be a Jerk King), and I remember the Manchu Wok, Thai Express & Villa Madina all being for sale on realtor.ca
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15444 posts
3135 upvotes
Toronto
Shimso wrote: Not too surprising since in the Mall itself, the Teriyaki Experience closed (soon to be a Jerk King), and I remember the Manchu Wok, Thai Express & Villa Madina all being for sale on realtor.ca
Interesting. There an A&W and a Popeye's both in the mall & also at Dufferin & Bloor.
Why do they also need a KFC both in the mall and just outside?
Now Jerk King will also have two locations close together?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
4554 posts
1754 upvotes
markham
oicthat2013 wrote: an AYCE KFC buffet would be nice
south of the border...kfc in the states have ayce lunch and dinners
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15444 posts
3135 upvotes
Toronto
Excellent idea, however,
prior to the decision to shut down the pizza section, they were having problems with the Buffet table. (something blew, broke down, needed constant repair, etc...)
If they couldn't fix it for Pizza, I doubt we'll ever see it for chicken.
May 30, 2010
932 posts
443 upvotes
The last one in Canada was (is??) in Weyburn, SK on the TransCanada highway. We used to stop there, when we did our yearly Edmonton to Winnipeg trek. I don't if it's me, but the chicken at some of the small town KFC's in SK was different somehow, much crispier and tastier as the seasoning wasn't being drowned in fat.
Oct 2, 2018
245 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
I sometimes go to the Ellesmere & Pharmacy location but for a few years now the amount of patrons has continuously decreased. I have only gone sporadically after a long 4 or 5 year hiatus. The lunch buffet is terrible with very little diversity in any choice pizza, and no free re-fills on soft drinks when every restaurant in the entire city has gone to that format including fast food restaurants over the years.

Don't know about everyone else but at $2.99 per drink with no refill that seems to be out of step with reality in the food business, especially when a soft drink would cost about $0.30 cents per cup at best. Without a free re-fill on a soft drink then my money is going elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1158 posts
1363 upvotes
Scarborough
You mean the one at Birchmount & Ellesmere, right?
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: I sometimes go to the Ellesmere & Pharmacy location but for a few years now the amount of patrons has continuously decreased. I have only gone sporadically after a long 4 or 5 year hiatus. The lunch buffet is terrible with very little diversity in any choice pizza, and no free re-fills on soft drinks when every restaurant in the entire city has gone to that format including fast food restaurants over the years.

Don't know about everyone else but at $2.99 per drink with no refill that seems to be out of step with reality in the food business, especially when a soft drink would cost about $0.30 cents per cup at best. Without a free re-fill on a soft drink then my money is going elsewhere.
At that price for soft drinks w/o refills, no point in ordering it. Besides, most people who go to get a deal at AYCE joints for buffets usually just order water with it. I usually do, especially if there are no refills on soft drinks!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17670 posts
5598 upvotes
Toronto
I am not surprised. This place was always dead when I would go to Tacobell.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15444 posts
3135 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: No, it would not be nice...
It would. Helps make up for the pieces getting smaller and smaller. lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)