Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Ripley's Aquarium] $20.15 - Ontario Residents Only, until 7/26

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2015 11:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11259 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
went today for first time... wasn't really wow'd, kiddo wasn't that interested in the fish just wanted to play in the kid area.. regular price would be mad expensive with the squad lol
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3866 posts
5373 upvotes
Oakville
I've been to the oceanarium in Portugal (European largest), and that was acceptable level of fun for $30 after conversion.

I wonder if this will be an utter disappointment :(

I wanna take this girl in dating somewhere fun and interesting
shaolinmonk wrote: went today for first time... wasn't really wow'd, kiddo wasn't that interested in the fish just wanted to play in the kid area.. regular price would be mad expensive with the squad lol
<br />
<br />
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1624 posts
1338 upvotes
Whitby
Just wanted to share my experience. If you are going as a group, all of the individuals need to have an ID to prove you all are Ontario residents. So ensure you carry them otherwise only individuals having IDs will be given the offer price.

And they are not asking IDs for senior tickets, so if you have elderly people along with you, you can safely buy the senior ticket even if they are not really 65+.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1624 posts
1338 upvotes
Whitby
zdpz wrote: I've been to the oceanarium in Portugal (European largest), and that was acceptable level of fun for $30 after conversion.

<br />
<br />
Not an ideal place for dating but it's worth the visit at least once at this offer price. My parents are happy.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1624 posts
1338 upvotes
Whitby
booradleysmart wrote: Make it an even $ 20 for Christ's sake .

Can you show your OHIP card as proof of residence..but there is no address on it ..but since you have it usually you must be an ON resident.
Yes, you can show your OHIP.
Apr 6, 2005
347 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
No way i'd pay full price. This is decent.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11259 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote: I've been to the oceanarium in Portugal (European largest), and that was acceptable level of fun for $30 after conversion.

<br />
<br />
Date? Hmmm evening date? Guess it would be alright if the place was kinda empty.. Not during the day when all the minions are around (I have kids, no offence parents) you would need to beef your date up with a bit more fun though IMO
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3866 posts
5373 upvotes
Oakville
Maybe I can push her in the shark tank as a joke and pull her back out after I've made a clip for Facebook.

If all goes well, and I go steady with this girl, we can show the clip to our kids in the future.

Kidding aside, there should be a fun-date thread on RFD. I have a feeling it would involve groupons, going Dutch, and going to places at off-peak hours, and using the uberEats $20 off discount.
shaolinmonk wrote: Date? Hmmm evening date? Guess it would be alright if the place was kinda empty.. Not during the day when all the minions are around (I have kids, no offence parents) you would need to beef your date up with a bit more fun though IMO
<br />
<br />
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8457 posts
4458 upvotes
Canuckland
True RFD here, I'll go by myself ;)
Dec 8, 2013
427 posts
228 upvotes
Oakville
Why don't they discount kids tickets?

F u Ripley...

How will I learn them good...time to let them play xbone all day and drink 2 liters of coke.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2960 posts
632 upvotes
Xbone and drinking 2L of coke is much less harmful then putting young children through thinking places like this are cool?

Literally with all the politics surrounding this place how are they still open?

Feel sorry for any of u who take your kids to something like this... Honestly go play ball with your kid or buy a dog.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11259 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
westnylefx wrote: Xbone and drinking 2L of coke is much less harmful then putting young children through thinking places like this are cool?

Feel sorry for any of u who take your kids to something like this... Honestly go play ball with your kid or buy a dog.
Never heard of any controversy.... Google search mentions tiger sharks... Is that what you are referring to? Or is it the whole "zoo" thing in general?
Nov 17, 2003
565 posts
153 upvotes
Anybody go this week. How busy was it? I'm planning on going tomorrow.
Sep 15, 2006
10 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
sprung wrote: fyi - it also 50% off all the time for people that work/volunteer in tourism (hotels, tour companies, etc). Ask your employer about the reciprocal agreement, it covers lots of cool attractions in toronto. Can pm me your email if you need the spreadsheet showing whole list of discounts.
pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
1118 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
westnylefx wrote: Xbone and drinking 2L of coke is much less harmful then putting young children through thinking places like this are cool?

Totally uninformed post. There are no mammals at the Ripley's. I think you're referring to Vancouver's Aquarium, which has dolphins and whales.

With Toronto being so far away from saltwater, and our lakes holding fairly ugly and small selection of fish (relatively), it's important to educate us about the huge oceans we rarely think about. I was a seasons pass holder, which was worth it but parking is a pain/$$$, especially if there's a event at the Skydome/Rogers Centre.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10217 posts
1634 upvotes
GTA
zdpz wrote:

<br />
<br />

I think they do a "jazz" night on Fridays.. or at least on some Fridays. Search on their website for more info, that might make a good date night.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10217 posts
1634 upvotes
GTA
Guessing that it is slower with Pan Am going on. 905ers are probably avoiding downtown completely and not bringing their kids down/etc.
There is also so much happening for Pan Am including free events that might be keeping other locals busy.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10407 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
YLSF wrote: Guessing that it is slower with Pan Am going on. 905ers are probably avoiding downtown completely and not bringing their kids down/etc.
There is also so much happening for Pan Am including free events that might be keeping other locals busy.
I staying away from downtown is that reason! the DVP! is nuts!
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."