Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

RiverTV Beta is live!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 11:19 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11277 upvotes
Quickman wrote: You realize VMedia is at the mercy of Rogers, Bell and Shaw who have vertical integration going on. There's nothing they can do except complain to the CRTC. Vertical integration is allowing american greed to seep into Canada. Rogers, Bell and Corus(Shaw family runs this) will pay whatever they have to, to American companies to buy rights to sports/movies/TV shows since they can just keep increasing the price of internet and mobile services to cover costs. The Americans know this. It's so freaking bad. Americans are getting what they want. Rogers, Bell, and Shaw are getting their cut. And we're the ones left paying for it.

If you think you're not paying for TV services even if you don't subscribe to TV services, think again! We're all paying for it whether we have TV services or not. What a joke of a country we live in where we allow this to happen.
Wow, then maybe you should move to another country?

Fundamentally the price of service is what matters, and if you want a SHOCK, look at how much american's are charged for cable/sat TV these days. Compare the prices down there 10 year ago vs today. It will floor you.

Ya, it's expensive here, no doubt. My family in Europe gets most of their TV for free through satellite. Almost every channel most people want is available. They subscribe to just one channel, and that's simply because they are kinda forced to (no, not the UK). But the fact is, if you don't want to pay, then don't.

Honestly, MOST of my 'TV' watching these days is the local news (could get OTA if I wanted to), and Youtube. I get Youtube premium as part of my single google play music subscription (because they screwed up billing a few months ago), so I don't see commercials there. I find these days YouTube is pretty much all I want to watch.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2923 posts
2342 upvotes
repatch wrote: But the fact is, if you don't want to pay, then don't.
As I said in my previous post. I am paying. You're paying. It doesn't matter if we're subscribed to TV services or not. We're all paying!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
All I care is for them to show Colorado Avalanche games, the rests can be disregarded.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jan 22, 2010
25 posts
30 upvotes
Hi GeorgeBurger,

I apologize if this has already been asked, I have been checking this forum, but I don't really want to read through 38 pages if I can help it.

Do you know when you expect to have Android Mobile (Or Kodi if that is ever going to come) options available? I signed up for the trial because I saw Android, but missed the TV part (Android TV), I was hoping to be able to cast it. I was just wondering if you had a timeline in mind (again apologies if you likely have already answered this).

Thanks!
May 4, 2006
161 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
Sign up to RiverTV now and you can benefit from the special low rate of $16.99/month
Anyone buying this? IMHO seems like a trash deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
2000 posts
1581 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I just signed up to see what it is about. Pretty cold deal IMO. I'll stick with my epicstream
Dec 1, 2009
419 posts
460 upvotes
Ottawa
Maybe a deal to someone but i'm not buying. Already have netflex, prime video, youtube premium, spotify, how many i have to subscribe?
Oct 20, 2004
235 posts
44 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
I did enjoy the beta period on my Fire TV and Shield TV but unfortunately it's just too pricey compared to the competition. I'll be trying out the 30 day trial of Slack TV on Prime next, that one seems a bit more reasonable at $12.99 after the trial period.
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
mrhector wrote: I did enjoy the beta period on my Fire TV and Shield TV but unfortunately it's just too pricey compared to the competition. I'll be trying out the 30 day trial of Slack TV on Prime next, that one seems a bit more reasonable at $12.99 after the trial period.
So, did any testers actually subscribed to this service?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2017
1010 posts
941 upvotes
GTA
discostar wrote: So, did any testers actually subscribed to this service?
No. I wanna see what the full package looks like before I consider signing up.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
1974 posts
156 upvotes
British Columbia
We tried it. Cancelled, it’s not very good. Clunky and limited in channels. Pvr didn’t work.
[external advertising link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1250 posts
1202 upvotes
Ottawa
discostar wrote: So, did any testers actually subscribed to this service?
I did. Will try for at least a month. Wife and I have enjoyed some of the live shows, and we seem to be gravitating towards Adult Swim.
Apr 13, 2009
494 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Was good when it was free. Time to move on now.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
I did not sign up as it's summer and I'm spending a lot of time outside, but I will likely sign up in the fall when I tend to spend a lot more time watching tv. Hopefully it'll still be around then.
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
GeorgeBurger wrote: Hi discostar thanks for asking. We will be adding between one to five more channels between now and mid-summer, which we will be able to offer still keeping the price below $20, which is by far the best price-per-channel offer in Canada. Adding more would push up the price, and one thing we know is that in the internet content world, people are very focused on prices below $20. Doesn't mean a package can't be more, in the US similar services like Sling can start at $30, but they can offer many more channels because US channel costs are far below Canadian. We will definitely have alot of add ons, we will be adding that capability in the next two weeks, and they will not only be at great prices, but they will also i many cases be unique services not available from any other BDU. So stay tuned.
Two weeks have passed and no sign of add-on content. Any updates on a la carte.
Mar 6, 2013
716 posts
196 upvotes
discostar wrote: Two weeks have passed and no sign of add-on content. Any updates on a la carte.
Hi sorry you are right, we are still finishing the back end to process payments for them. It is a bit complicated because we also have in app store sales so the payment process is different from VMedia. We have however started to rough in the description, which is now on the website (eg. Hollywood Suite), but don't expect a whole lot of new channels for awhile, those deals still have to be made.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2017
1010 posts
941 upvotes
GTA
So it seems like nothing has changed or been added content wise to this service a month into full launch.

No additional channels, just a few additional cost channels that are still "coming soon"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)