• Jul 13th, 2016 12:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35596 posts
9645 upvotes
Ottawa
rkjredflag wrote: Once up to operating temperature, my engine temperature is regulated to a pretty narrow range by the cooling system, whether driving in the city, or on the highway. The only time I see elevated temperatures is stop and go driving, on a really hot day, with the AC on. My highway RPM is around 2k, when moving with the speed of normal traffic, which I would not consider high.
OK , you win :facepalm:
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34510 posts
20549 upvotes
Center of Universe
MPaia wrote: It's got nothing to do with money. I'd rather spend an hour sightseeing than being stuck at an oil change place. That's all.
1hr?
You can get in and out in 15min or less, at any quick lube shops (don't even have exit your vehicle).
At any case, it's your vehicle, your money and your time...enjoy the vacay.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35596 posts
9645 upvotes
Ottawa
UrbanPoet wrote: I do it all the time. On all my long distance road trips... I've gotten oil changes mid way. Took one to PEI... Had to get an oil change @ a Canadian tire
Shhh...stop it!!! You are not allowed to say you went to Canadian Tire on RFD...watsa matter wit you :)
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4190 posts
3125 upvotes
Markham
Pete_Coach wrote: It is based on many factors, engine temperatures, stops and starts, mileage, usage etc. Every 5000kms is about what it recommends (3000 miles) so I do not think it is out of line.
Nissan doesn't use an "oil life monitor" type of system, It's a simple distance based alert. The recommended oil change interval for 2013 Altima is every 6000km or every 12 months.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35596 posts
9645 upvotes
Ottawa
payam1981 wrote: Nissan doesn't use an "oil life monitor" type of system, It's a simple distance based alert. The recommended oil change interval for 2013 Altima is every 6000km or every 12 months.
OK, I don't know the 2013 Nissan Altima but the OP stated "I'm driving my own car (2013 Nissan Altima). I got the oil changed before I left, and some other maintenance.
I'm over 5000km already, and the car's onboard reminder is telling me I'm due for an oil change again."
So, regardless, he was asking about oil changes and he got answers.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6302 posts
1947 upvotes
BC
As noted, Nissan Canada recommends 6K km. oil change interval for either engine in the 2013 Altima (2.5 Four or 3.5 Six).

0W20 oil for the 2.5, 5W30 for the 3.5

As has been discussed before in other threads, this appears to be the "Severe Service" schedule in the Nissan USA recommendations (7.5K miles for normal use, 3.75K miles for severe service).

Is there that much difference between operating a 2013 Altima one side of Niagara Falls from the other?

You can draw your own conclusions, but I would tend to stretch the Canadian recommended interval unless my particular driving pattern/environment suggested otherwise.