Road trip with Challenger, doable?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2015 9:33 am
Mar 25, 2015
1 posts
Mississauga, ON

Road trip with Challenger, doable?

Hello first post here! :D :D :D :D :arrowl: :arrowl: :arrowl:

Im looking to do a roadtrip from Toronto, Canada, to Miami, Florida.
Will the challenger be a comfortable for a distance of 2,400 km? (1500 miles) 22-23 hour drive
Should i have 4, or 5 people in the challenger? (including me of course)
Is the trunk room enough space?
Also any other tips are welcomed :)

Thank you! :)
13 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2014
1239 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
There's no way 4 people can sit in that car for extended periods of time. Secondly I doubt there's enough trunk space.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
if u have one..... couldnt u eyeball it and decide for yourself?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1067 posts
22 upvotes
SuburbanGangster wrote: There's no way 4 people can sit in that car for extended periods of time. Secondly I doubt there's enough trunk space.
4 people seat easily in it for extended periods. Average sizes of people I mean. And the trunk is huge. But it's all relative I guess.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Rent an SUV.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4113 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
The trunk is fine but the back seat is small for anyone of size. If you're going to get a car, get the biggest car you can rent like a Magnum/300/Charger, Tarus or an Impala. But they're very cool cars, I rented one in Miami and loved the 70s retro styling, inside and out. But if you already have a Challanger, you might as well use it, as long as your back seat passengers are ok with being cramped. If it's actually 5 people, I'd rent a minivan or Traverse.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21267 posts
6255 upvotes
Poormond Hill
4 people can go in a Challenger. Whenever you fill gas or stop for a break, rotate the seating positions.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Nov 24, 2009
641 posts
101 upvotes
Fergus, ON
I rented a Challenger a while back for a road trip around the maritimes. We didnt use the back seats, but they looked decently comfy - maybe not great for taller people as i dont think there is a lot of leg room. The trunk is huge though, you shouldnt have an issue fitting everything.

Do it!
If it weren't for electricity, we would all be surfing RFD by candlelight.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18147 upvotes
ONTARIO
The challenger actually has a decent back seat and trunk. 2 people of average size can sit back there easily. Its comparable to the back seat of honda civic sedan. Its not s-class sized back seat... But its definately not a cramped knee bent to chest coupe back seat. The challenger is huge!
The trunk is also very big for a coupe.

You'll still have to pack efficientl bc that sounds like a week long trip at least. I use a roof rack with a cargo box for these situations. Adds another 16 cubic feet of storage.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32149 posts
15428 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I'm sure you can do it, but i would not recommend it, for that kind of driving you want more comfort, a minivan, good SUV, that sort of thing.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
May 14, 2012
398 posts
94 upvotes
PICKERING
The Challenger would be fine....pretty much a 300 with two doors. Not sure how much smaller the back seat is than the 300, but I wouldn't imagine much since they are the same overall length. The Challenger/300 is an amazing highway car and way better than most SUV's IMO. Loved my 300 for highway journeys.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
smakadam wrote: Should i have 4, or 5 people in the challenger? (including me of course)
If we say 4, does that 5th guy get left behind? You should have as many people in the car as are going to Florida.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)