Travel

Road trip from Toronto to East (Quebec or Montreal)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 8:01 am
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1595 posts
861 upvotes
Toronto
To see how much time you will need at each destination, you can research some itineraries from various bus tours (e.g. Safeway, Taipan that offers 4 days/3 nights tours) and make adjustments from there.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
1138 posts
506 upvotes
North York
Road trip was amazing!

Day 1 stayed in Montreal - Mount Royal and Dinner
Day 2 Got to Mont Tremblant did some activities
Day 3 spent the entire day there, saw and did all activities we could (gondola, luge ride, swimming, shopping)

We did end up cancelling Quebec City for Day 4 and drive back home on Day 3 at night.

Would I do it again? YES!

Things I would change is obviously add an extra day at Mont Tremblant and keep Quebec as a separate trip. We actually tried to extend our stay at Mont Tremblant but all of the rooms were booked in the Village. Go figure
Jul 24, 2020
4 posts
Brampton, ON
PointsHubby wrote: Toronto to Mont Tremblant ... and the easiest way to do this is via Ottawa.

Travel time, about 6:00 Hours for around 600 Kms.

Mont T to Quebec City ... you prob want to do the north shore route (Autoroutes 15 - 640 - 40 )
Travel time, about 3:45 Hours for around 375 Kms

Quebec City is definitely worth more than a passing glance (actually all the cities on your list are)
Definitely wouldn’t make it a day trip / side trip from Mont T
We rarely go up to the Quebec City Region without staying 2 or 3 nights

Quebec City to Toronto, about 7:30 Hours travel time and around 800 Kms
Not a bad idea therefore to do a stop over in Montreal ... or maybe Kingston on the way back home, if you are looking for a multi night getaway

And for the record ...
Montreal is South (or slightly southeast of Mont T) not west
West of Mont T is Ottawa

* Although now I read your post again, you may have been referring to Montreal coming from QCity on a day trip out of Mont T
(And I’ve already given my thoughts on that idea )

In my mind a weekend getaway to Mont T DIFFERS GREATLY from all these other destinations
Mont T is outdoorsy ... a good place to kick back ... go on walks, bike rides, swim, golf etc
Not the same sort of weekend I would spend in Old Quebec or Montreal
With sightseeing, history & culture

FYI ... During Covid hard to know what’s OPEN vs Closed
And things can change rapidly
So best to check official websites for info closer to your travel dates
This is a really worthy trip with proper dynamics but this time is not suitable to travel.
Ready to help
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9299 posts
1647 upvotes
TO
afshaikh wrote: Road trip was amazing!

Day 1 stayed in Montreal - Mount Royal and Dinner
Day 2 Got to Mont Tremblant did some activities
Day 3 spent the entire day there, saw and did all activities we could (gondola, luge ride, swimming, shopping)

We did end up cancelling Quebec City for Day 4 and drive back home on Day 3 at night.

Would I do it again? YES!

Things I would change is obviously add an extra day at Mont Tremblant and keep Quebec as a separate trip. We actually tried to extend our stay at Mont Tremblant but all of the rooms were booked in the Village. Go figure
Hi Op, thanks for the update, did you end up staying at the local hotels/or BnBs?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
1138 posts
506 upvotes
North York
In the mont Tremblant village. Only way to enjoy the activity.

In Montreal I stayed in hotel in downtown.

Air Bnb were more expensive and not strategically located.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6252 posts
1810 upvotes
lazycow9 wrote: Road trip? Are you insane? Please stay home!
Maybe wait a few years. We'll all get to travel again someday.