Travel

Road trip in the USA

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2016 9:08 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 12, 2014
832 posts
364 upvotes
London, ON

Road trip in the USA

Hi all,

I have 5 days off from work with the girlfriend to travel.

I'm leaving from London, Ontario

Where should I start?

No budget, or time limits driving, may do some shopping, enjoy cities and camping

Appalachian mountains and the Blue Ridge mountain chain look interesting, e.g. west Virginia

New York City for 2 nights,
27 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1766 posts
804 upvotes
Ontario
With 5 days, I'd suggest a trip to Portland Maine. We saw some good mountainous scenery which I think were part of the Appalachians. Very hip and pretty City. Have a lobster dinner and return home through the Lake Champlain area Montreal/Kingston.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3168 posts
805 upvotes
Vaughan
Ny, nj, bos, philly, chicago.

How far do you want to drive?

My last road trip was to TN. I drove there last year, around this time. It's scorching hot down there though. Overall, i really like it.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 12, 2014
832 posts
364 upvotes
London, ON
phuviano wrote: Ny, nj, bos, philly, chicago.

How far do you want to drive?

My last road trip was to TN. I drove there last year, around this time. It's scorching hot down there though. Overall, i really like it.
I don't have any limits on how far I want to drive, although I want to stay at a hotel/motel every night to sleep. Would be nice to check out a new city everyday and new areas
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3168 posts
805 upvotes
Vaughan
MrBanks321 wrote: I don't have any limits on how far I want to drive, although I want to stay at a hotel/motel every night to sleep. Would be nice to check out a new city everyday and new areas
Well i did memphis, nashville, and gaitlinburg. One city everyday. Took me about 14 hours to drive there, but i live just north of toronto though. It'll probably take you less time.

I must admit, near the end of the drive, i was pretty tired. I drove solo though. Its a long drive, but i'm glad i did it.

Have consider using airbnb? I used airbnb when i was down there.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 12, 2014
832 posts
364 upvotes
London, ON
phuviano wrote: Well i did memphis, nashville, and gaitlinburg. One city everyday. Took me about 14 hours to drive there, but i live just north of toronto though. It'll probably take you less time.

I must admit, near the end of the drive, i was pretty tired. I drove solo though. Its a long drive, but i'm glad i did it.

Have consider using airbnb? I used airbnb when i was down there.
I've considered airbnb. Never used it though, is it good for pre booking, or for booking the night of your stay?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
13902 posts
8995 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Whatever you do, don't speed brah! State Troopers love giving out tickets to Canadians.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3168 posts
805 upvotes
Vaughan
MrBanks321 wrote: I've considered airbnb. Never used it though, is it good for pre booking, or for booking the night of your stay?
Depends on the person. i would pre-book though. some people may not have the room ready at all times. Ymmv on this. I've read reviews where someone did book the night of the stay and it worked out.

When i booked my airbnb for TN. I did it 2 days before i took my trip. TN was a last minute trip for me. I would suggest pre-booking, its always better.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3425 posts
637 upvotes
London
phuviano wrote: Ny, nj, bos, philly, chicago.

How far do you want to drive?

My last road trip was to TN. I drove there last year, around this time. It's scorching hot down there though. Overall, i really like it.
Love TN. So many places to see, all of them cool.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3025 posts
1291 upvotes
, ON
what's good on Boston for a family with 5 years old son? I am thinking to go there for 3 days and 2 nights (driving).
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1766 posts
804 upvotes
Ontario
All those guns down there make me nervous. Having CDN plates makes you a sitting duck.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 12, 2014
832 posts
364 upvotes
London, ON
I'm heading to New York city for 5 days, hotel is beside Central Park.

Should I park my car in New Jersey and cab to my hotel, or park on a lot in Manhattan?
Banned
User avatar
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
anotherbargainhunter wrote: what's good on Boston for a family with 5 years old son? I am thinking to go there for 3 days and 2 nights (driving).
Our kids were a little bit older but we got a duck boat tour to Fenway Park for a ball game, there's apparently a good children's museum there too, and we just wandered around. We were also out on the Cape - beaches etc.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3025 posts
1291 upvotes
, ON
eager beaver wrote: All those guns down there make me nervous. Having CDN plates makes you a sitting duck.

LMAO you are joking right? The number of people get killed and injured by car is 100 times higher. You should stay at home and don't step on the road at all.

In 2015, 38,300 people killed and 4.4 million people injured by motor vehicle on the road. On the same year, 12,942 people killed by gun. We can see clearly that man behind car is deadlier than man with gun.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1766 posts
804 upvotes
Ontario
[quote="anotherbargainhunter" post_id="26265205" time="1466276815" user_id="768023"]

4.4 million people injured by motor vehicle on the road. On the same year, 12,942 people killed by gun. We can see clearly that /QUOTE]


See clearly? LMFAO. You are comparing getting killed to "injured". But, I agree toads are dangerous too. Get some glasses.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3025 posts
1291 upvotes
, ON
eager beaver wrote:
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
4.4 million people injured by motor vehicle on the road. On the same year, 12,942 people killed by gun. We can see clearly that /QUOTE]


See clearly? LMFAO. You are comparing getting killed to "injured". But, I agree toads are dangerous too. Get some glasses.
Did you see my post clearly? LMAO
You didn't include the whole one statement and only took part of it.
Again "38,300 people killed and 4.4 million people injured by motor vehicle on the road..." vs 12,942 people killed by gun. Or, you want just to compare # of people killed? Okay.
38,300 people killed by motor vehicle vs 12,942 people killed by gun. People with car killed people 2.96 many times than people killed by people with gun.
Hmmm....it does still look the same. Again "We can see clearly that man behind car is deadlier than man with gun".
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1766 posts
804 upvotes
Ontario
While, you, me, your mother and your boyfriend and your dog walker drives a car. Lots of people, millions? They turn the ignition key every single day. Does your mother carry a gun? Does everyone you know walk around carrying heat? I doubt it. Probably out of every single person you know 50% drive a killing machine (car). So, this flaws your myopic comparison.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3025 posts
1291 upvotes
, ON
eager beaver wrote: While, you, me, your mother and your boyfriend and your dog walker drives a car. Lots of people, millions? They turn the ignition key every single day. Does your mother carry a gun? Does everyone you know walk around carrying heat? I doubt it. Probably out of every single person you know 50% drive a killing machine (car). So, this flaws your myopic comparison.
Talking about myopic, your view is actually very myopic. The following is the reason.
Your view is shared by many anti gun people. They only see gun as a tool to kill and only for people who carrying heat. They don't open to other point of views. I am gladly to introduce you to the hobby if you want. For many of us (actually millions of gun owners), target shooting is a sport and hobby just like archery. We have fathers, mothers, sons, daughters grand parents, teachers, police, EMS, business owners, bankers, doctors, LGBTQ2, and etc. that hold this sport dear to their heart. We go to the range everyday, few times a week, or weekend only. Having this skill also can be considered one of survival skills. Any tools can be used postively and negatively. You on the other hand seem to be focused only on the negative side.

Top