10% off US phone plans

Deal Link:
Savings:
10% off
Expiry:
June 30, 2019
Retailer:
Roam Mobility
All of Roam Mobility’s plans are 10% off until the end of the month.

I’ve been using them for a while and they don’t usually discount plans, so this seems like a good deal for anyone traveling to the States soon.
13 replies
Nov 23, 2017
1 posts
I had to copy the link into my browser, but the deal works. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1173 posts
465 upvotes
North York, ON
Perfect. Needed a 3 month plan for the Fall.
Jul 26, 2013
287 posts
224 upvotes
CALGARY
Isn't it better to just pickup a local prepaid plan in the states once you're there?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3809 posts
2982 upvotes
Toronto
findmesumdealz wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 5:15 pm
Isn't it better to just pickup a local prepaid plan in the states once you're there?
Yes, it's cheaper to do it that way, but I use Roam because you have the SIM, plan and everything set up while you're in Canada and everything is ready to go when you reach the U.S.

I switch my SIM card while on the plane and when the plane lands and is heading towards the gate, I can already check email, my car rental reservation, etc. Immediately after i get my car rental, I can go onto Google Maps and navigate to the hotel. After a long plane ride with the family, it's nice to head straight to the hotel rather than spend time finding a T-Mobile store or whatever to get a local prepaid plan. There are complicated ways to get U.S. SIMs sent to Canada and activated, but Roam is the easiest, although you pay for that convenience.

Oh, and Roam plans included unlimited calling back to Canada, which can be a big deal for many people.
Oct 11, 2004
636 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
findmesumdealz wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 5:15 pm
What prepaid plan would you suggest?
I looked online for something, and it was hard to find 2GB unlimited talk/text for 4 days @ less than $19CAD.
Jul 26, 2013
287 posts
224 upvotes
CALGARY
temporary user wrote:
Jun 20th, 2019 7:51 pm
What prepaid plan would you suggest?
I looked online for something, and it was hard to find 2GB unlimited talk/text for 4 days @ less than $19CAD.
Well,
You can purchase either a T-Mobile or At&t prepaid plan that'll last you an entire month.
We purchased two weeks ago a plan from both these carriers.
We were only looking for data really, but there are a variety of relatively cheap plans from both.
For example, from T-Mobile for data only,
you can get 2gb for 30 days for $10 (i believe) and 8gb for $25.
Also available is a tourist plan for $30 that includes 2gb of LTE data followed by unlimited 3G i believe. Also includes unlimited talk/text.

From At&t, I purchased the 8gb unlimited talk/text monthly for $50. We were only there for a week, and so I did not use it all. When we returned to Canada however, I can continue to use the LTE data and unlimited talk/text as their plans include Canada roaming.

Tmobile also has a bunch of short term options that don't seem to be shown online

IMO Roam is a bit of a rip off...the fact that you have a sim card before leaving Canada is the only positive...which is easily defeated as soon as you walk off your airplane..
Feb 13, 2004
701 posts
112 upvotes
Vancouver
Both Tmobile or At&t support eSIMS. Would it be possible to setup a prepaid on eSIM beforehand and through web.
Sep 2, 2017
202 posts
222 upvotes
Edmonton
Twism wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 12:18 pm
Both Tmobile or At&t support eSIMS. Would it be possible to setup a prepaid on eSIM beforehand and through web.
I know with T-Mobile you can set one up before you go through their T-Mobile eSim app. I think you can do the same with Verizon through their My Verizon app. Not too sure about AT&T though.
Jun 15, 2007
90 posts
13 upvotes
I've used Roam Mobility since 2017 and haven't had any huge issues with their service. Here and there the signal wouldn't be great "ie. during my west coast road trip; certain areas of the HWY I would loose reception." But overall I've been pretty satisfied with the having my phone be ready for my travels (which time savings and not having to hunt around for a plan) is extremely helpful. 10% promo is an even better attractiveness.
Feb 14, 2011
133 posts
68 upvotes
Canada
US Prepaid is the way to go. Roam is WAY overpriced.
Jun 1, 2002
506 posts
50 upvotes
I find Roam Mobility (even with 10% off) overpriced, but if you need data only, Always Online Wireless prices are great. Pairs well with Google Voice.
Feb 28, 2015
588 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Going to US for a few days, any cheap prepaid plan that I can pickup at walmart? or perhaps just get the public mobile roaming addon?
Dec 6, 2008
360 posts
71 upvotes
Jaylay14 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 12:25 pm
I know with T-Mobile you can set one up before you go through their T-Mobile eSim app. I think you can do the same with Verizon through their My Verizon app. Not too sure about AT&T though.
Can someone confirm this and where would u purchase. I was in the US in March and Target Mobile had no idea and were asking me to sign a contract. Had no idea about monthly or travel plans