2183 posts
563 upvotes

Roam Mobility 50% OFF SIMs

Deal Link:
Price:
$4.97
Expiry:
December 12, 2018
Roam Mobility has their SIM cards at 50% off until December 12, 2018 at $4.97.
9 replies
Dec 18, 2006
77 posts
149 upvotes
vancouver
perfect timing.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3227 posts
2687 upvotes
Muskoka
do you get a US or Cdn number
Koodo
Public Mobile
Jun 15, 2018
106 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
spotts01 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 4:43 pm
do you get a US or Cdn number
US. I got a Philadelphia number.
Apr 20, 2004
134 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
I've used Roam for many years now. I feel it has become steadily worse over the years. Whomever they are aligned with in the USA must be throttling. I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and experienced frequent down time where, even with full LTE signal, I couldn't load any web page or maps - seemingly nothing worked. And this happened frequently, often for 15-30 minutes at a time. I also experienced similar though not as bad, a couple of years back in both Florida and in Detroit.
Jul 30, 2018
74 posts
49 upvotes
unreg991 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 10:09 pm
I've used Roam for many years now. I feel it has become steadily worse over the years. Whomever they are aligned with in the USA must be throttling. I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and experienced frequent down time where, even with full LTE signal, I couldn't load any web page or maps - seemingly nothing worked. And this happened frequently, often for 15-30 minutes at a time. I also experienced similar though not as bad, a couple of years back in both Florida and in Detroit.
Me too. Frustrating when you just want to get a lyft.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1975 posts
318 upvotes
Red Deer
unreg991 wrote:
Same experience here. I've stopped using them after my last trip. I believe they use T-Mobile network. The other issue is coverage outside big cities, or I should say lack of coverage. Drove down through Montana, Idaho and Washington state, outside big cities we had almost zero usable coverage for either calls or data.
Nov 24, 2009
64 posts
23 upvotes
GTA
I tried to use Roam last week in Vegas. Apparently bought a "bad" SIM. Wouldn't work at all and support is giving me a refund. The problem to me is you can't test it till you need it. I won't bother again.
Aug 27, 2004
916 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
unreg991 wrote:
Yes, same with me. Terrible throtlling despite having used maybe just 200 MB out of the total 1000 MB for that day. Signal showed full but couldn't load the pages especially at Chicago airport and in Nashville this past October. I'm really looking for better alternatives for my next trip and don't recommend this company at all if Data is important to you.