[OP]
Feb 12, 2009
262 posts
43 upvotes
North York

Roaming in LA/LV? Options?

Good Monday to you all,

I will be going to LA/LV during Xmasfor about 10 days

My wife both have unlocked iPhones that don't have roaming on Fido's plan.

I know Rogers/fido has the $5/day roaming package.

We really need it just for data when we are out and not in a wifi area (driving, googleing restaurants etc)

Thanks in advance
Thread Summary
Roaming question for Fido user in the USA.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
22081 posts
3860 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Take a look and see if roam mobility covers the area you want to go. If it does, just get a sim from them, it's easy to get up and running and I think has the same price point. $5 a day.
Nov 10, 2011
434 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
Roam Mobility didn't work for me in Las Vegas. That's was 2 years ago. Maybe it has improved.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
635 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Evil Baby wrote: Take a look and see if roam mobility covers the area you want to go. If it does, just get a sim from them, it's easy to get up and running and I think has the same price point. $5 a day.
The OP just need data. Can$17 for 1 Gb a week is good enough for social media and browsing. You can return call from Canada using hangout dialer.
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14728 posts
12825 upvotes
Going to the Moon
FreedomPop if you can grab the sim cards before the trip. I hear they sell the sim cards at BestBuy in the US, so it might be a worthy way of getting extremely inexpensive data in the US, especially now that they have LTE (probably not super fast, but better than 3G).
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]