[roammobility] roammobility - Free SIMCARD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 12:40 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13862 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
The RFD referral link sucks. Edit the OP with the new link please.
Oct 18, 2015
228 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
There's a 10% off plans promotion right now too - until Jun 30. Can schedule start date up to 6 months in future.
Dec 18, 2018
70 posts
324 upvotes
Does any know if the data-only plan have unlimited 2G data?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2091 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
Can I give any phone number or a specific number I intend to use for roaming?
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Flashfood app
Swagbucks
Oct 18, 2015
228 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TimmyT20801 wrote: Does any know if the data-only plan have unlimited 2G data?
I believe the data-only plan cuts off when the quota is reached. The talk+text+data is unlimited 2G.
Oct 18, 2015
228 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
loonie wrote: Can I give any phone number or a specific number I intend to use for roaming?
When you activate the SIM you get to pick a number (or get assigned one, don't remember) - you can change that anytime you want but you can't port a number in (at least, I don't think so)

So, they give you a number, not the other way around.
Dec 18, 2018
70 posts
324 upvotes
eyeball123 wrote: I believe the data-only plan cuts off when the quota is reached. The talk+text+data is unlimited 2G.
Thank you
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2810 posts
1681 upvotes
Langley
So $4.95 for 512MB data??? What happened to their real plans.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1593 posts
197 upvotes
redflag0 wrote: no, keep it - next time you have a trip see if this works out to be cheaper than your current carrier's roaming option/buying and using a t-mobile sim in the US.
Exactly what I thought until the plan I purchased didn't activate. Only way to communicate is through email and it's painfully slow, literally 1 email response per day. Was then told the sim is expired, as in no longer exists in their system and there's no way to put it back into their system. So they send you a link for a replacement sim card to be sent to you. if you had all the time in the world... Sure..but you're on vacation or whatever and you just want something that's reliable this is not it. It worked for me for years until this horrific incident happened and I can no longer recommend to anyone. Here's a picture of my plan still pending LOL

Goodluck to all who plan to keep sim till they need it. Might be a better idea to keep it active all the time, but in which case it may offset savings to 0 and just cause frustrations.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190619-225047_Chrome.jpg
Oct 3, 2013
939 posts
1163 upvotes
For those who are worried about SIM card expiry and travel a lot anyway:
To keep your SIM and phone number active, all you need is to have a plan scheduled - you do not need to travel to keep your number active. If you’re not planning to travel anytime soon, remember that you can schedule a plan to start up to 6 months in the future, then go back and reschedule it later.

When scheduling a plan to keep your SIM active, you should purchase the plan you usually use, or what you think you'll use on your next trip. This way, when you know the dates of your next trip, you can reschedule your previously purchased plan for your trip without spending extra money on a new plan.
By the sounds of it you can buy a one-day plan and keep re-scheduling your plan indefinitely as a way to keep your SIM from expiring. Takes a little bit of work though...
Oct 11, 2004
655 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
I'm going to the states this Friday and I just created and added an old SIM I had.
For the past 2 hours or so, my phone number shows as pending:
Phone Number
Pending

SIM Expiry Date
Jun 18 2020

I didn't add a plan yet. Do I need to add a plan to get a phone number assigned to me?
May 7, 2008
647 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
When does the one year expiry countdown start? When they send it out to you? Or the first time you activate it? Or something else entirely?
Phonophoresis wrote: For those who are worried about SIM card expiry and travel a lot anyway:

By the sounds of it you can buy a one-day plan and keep re-scheduling your plan indefinitely as a way to keep your SIM from expiring. Takes a little bit of work though...
Sep 26, 2015
402 posts
191 upvotes
Just used this for the last 2 weeks while in NYC. Had zero issues, this is probably the 5th time ive used roam mobility for trips to the USA.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1593 posts
197 upvotes
popo wrote: Exactly what I thought until the plan I purchased didn't activate. Only way to communicate is through email and it's painfully slow, literally 1 email response per day. Was then told the sim is expired, as in no longer exists in their system and there's no way to put it back into their system. So they send you a link for a replacement sim card to be sent to you. if you had all the time in the world... Sure..but you're on vacation or whatever and you just want something that's reliable this is not it. It worked for me for years until this horrific incident happened and I can no longer recommend to anyone. Here's a picture of my plan still pending LOL

Goodluck to all who plan to keep sim till they need it. Might be a better idea to keep it active all the time, but in which case it may offset savings to 0 and just cause frustrations.
temporary user wrote: I'm going to the states this Friday and I just created and added an old SIM I had.
For the past 2 hours or so, my phone number shows as pending:
Phone Number
Pending

SIM Expiry Date
Jun 18 2020

I didn't add a plan yet. Do I need to add a plan to get a phone number assigned to me?
Read my post. Exactly the same thing happened to me. If you really want to use them I suggest contacting them right away. Again its e-mail only, actually mind as well be snail mail. I can almost guarantee you that your plan will not work and you will go through the same painful process I did to get my money back, I almost had to call cc company to do a charge back (was refunded once I threatened to do so). I am on koodo and have $8/day US easy roam, I tried to save ~$10 and was left with hours of frustration, luckily I did have $8/day US easy roam on my account as I ended using it. Hopefully you have a back up plan. You will most likely need to use it.
May 11, 2008
171 posts
76 upvotes
Milton
raskal wrote: one of my Roam sims expired yesterday. The only way to keep it alive would have been to buy 1 day of service that I had no intention of using.
I decided it wasn't worth it to pay $4 for a sim that costs $10.

But today.... this glorious thread comes along and I get another free sim. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Good for another year! Thanks OP
What I have done is like you said, buy a single day service... and you can move it out to the expiry range of the SIM. I setup a reminder in my calendar to look at it if I am not travelling to the states, then login and move the date out again... As long as the service is purchased and not used it should keep it active from what I have read.
Cheers 'n Beers.
Haz.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)