Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
roammobility

roammobility - Free SIMCARD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2019 12:40 pm
Feb 24, 2019
805 posts
1354 upvotes
what ever happened to "1Free SIM offer ends at 11:59pm Pacific Time on September 15, 2019"
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
2873 posts
3520 upvotes
Vancouver
All the people complaining about the expiry..Face With Rolling Eyes
If you don't go to the US for a whole year... You probably didn't need the SIM.
Keep it active or get a new one when your infrequent trip comes up in 2 years.
Aug 15, 2017
111 posts
225 upvotes
GTA
The link doesnt work, says bad error gateway.
Dec 9, 2001
975 posts
706 upvotes
Vancouver
sunnysidesolutions wrote: All the people complaining about the expiry..Face With Rolling Eyes
If you don't go to the US for a whole year... You probably didn't need the SIM.
Keep it active or get a new one when your infrequent trip comes up in 2 years.
For the occasional traveler, it's better to pick up a Freedompop sim at Bestbuy or Target.
Normally $5USD, but always goes on sale for $0.99USD.

Upon signup, you have the option to start a 2GB free trial, and it goes down to 250MB/month for $0.01/month after you cancel the trial.
I have 4 sims that I can swap once I hit the limit.

You have to be a little careful, however, since the company is a little sneaky with hidden fees.
Read the FAQ here to make sure you cancel the trial properly: https://www.cranialborborygmus.com/free ... ummies.htm
Oct 11, 2004
816 posts
200 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
I emailed support for the reason why my sim showed as pending and no phone number.
They said my SIM expired. I haven't activated it in years. No expiration date on it or the package.

They said to use the link below to request a replacement SIM card.
https://get.roammobility.com/simreplacement/
You'd have to put the expired SIM code. Seems free.

Luckily I have another SIM from them that only expires in 2021 and used that one. This SIM had the expiration date written on it. By the looks of it, you have to activate the SIM within about 3 years or so. My first one I had it for longer than that.
Oct 11, 2004
816 posts
200 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
Hmm.... I am starting to have my doubts about this company.

After I activated, successfully the other SIM, I purchased a plan that was set to activate an hour ago. Plan still shows as PENDING.

I wrote them an email. Hopefully they can fix the issue by the time I get to the border.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3616 upvotes
Toronto
Just got back from 4 days in the Thumb of Michigan.
I checked the maps before I went - 4G LTE every where I wanted to travel. 98% of the time I had no service.
I was able to get a couple of texts in and out along with a moment or two of data to update maps but that was it.

It is possible it was me not setting it up right (selecting the right provider) or my phone (bands?). I'll reach out to customer service to resolve before my next trip.
My gut says I'll have to go elsewhere for service.
The emailing for customer service model sucks if you don't have service to start with.
Apr 13, 2016
547 posts
357 upvotes
got the sim today

says its good till 2022
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2019
1203 posts
878 upvotes
Ontario
I still don't get it?

I lose hope. I don't think they are coming this way..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)