• Oct 31st, 2017 2:00 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 4, 2005
940 posts
64 upvotes

Robertsons Jelly Powder

Hi all,

I use to be able to find these jello powder in Asian groceries stores, I even remember faintly that some Loblaws Or RCCS have them in their "Asian" isles. I can't seem to find them recently. Anyone has any idea about what may have happened?

For those who don't know, this is how it looks like...
Images
  • IMG_2463.JPG
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2420 posts
911 upvotes
Ontario
1 egg mixed with the power, then slowly 1 cup of hot water to dissolve it, then when cooled a bit 1 cup of milk. Pour over mango chunks = Amazing desert!

Does T&T have it still?
[OP]
Sep 4, 2005
940 posts
64 upvotes
Dynasty12345 wrote: 1 egg mixed with the power, then slowly 1 cup of hot water to dissolve it, then when cooled a bit 1 cup of milk. Pour over mango chunks = Amazing desert!

Does T&T have it still?
No.. that's why I wanna see if anyone else has seen it around recently....
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
3139 posts
411 upvotes
Most likely supply issues on the supplier side if you can't find it anywhere. Again.

I remember this happened either last year or the year before where we couldn't get a hold of any of the Robertsons flavours and some customers were mad about why we're not doing anything to order more.

Well, as much as we want to stockpile this, they have short expiry dates. Once the summer months are over, inventory stops moving as quick, and we end up having to eat the losses.

Also, mango is the only only flavour that we receive by the case itself.
The rest of the flavours are considered "assorted", so we receive them all together in one separate case. That case itself contains like 80% Lime, 10% Strawberry, 1% Lychee, and the rest is split between Cola, Black Currant, and Pineapple.
So if you're wondering why the other flavours are always sold out for the longest time and never in stock....well, it's because we don't want Lime being stockpiled all the time just because we want the other flavours, and it just so happens to be the least popular one.
Jul 25, 2005
117 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga
Been around Mississauga and Etobicoke looking for Mango jelly, if anyone knows where to find it please PM me! (Also thanks to 1337, interested in trying cola and lychee)!
Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)