Automotive

RockAuto - Do you get charged any Customs/Duty charges on delivery?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2021 10:37 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15553 posts
3857 upvotes
Toronto

RockAuto - Do you get charged any Customs/Duty charges on delivery?

I am ordering some Denso engine and cabin air filters for my Camry and see that the Fedex delivery (which is the cheapest) is around $14.48

Is that all I am going to pay, or will I get Fedex emailing or asking me for customs/brokerage charges? I have never ordered from Rock Auto and was hoping those who have can let me know. The total after taxes, shipping is just under $50

Thanks
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7381 posts
8083 upvotes
Toronto
hightech wrote: I am ordering some Denso engine and cabin air filters for my Camry and see that the Fedex delivery (which is the cheapest) is around $14.48

Is that all I am going to pay, or will I get Fedex emailing or asking me for customs/brokerage charges? I have never ordered from Rock Auto and was hoping those who have can let me know. The total after taxes, shipping is just under $50

Thanks
from https://www.rockauto.com/help/?page=3

Will I need to pay duty or tax when my package is delivered?

If tax is identified by name (GST/HST in Canada, VAT in the EU, etc.) on your order, we will collect it (and any import duties, brokerage fees, and carrier shipping charges) for that package. The carrier will deliver that package with no additional charges. Our tax ID appears on order confirmations so that tax-exempt customers may reclaim the tax. If you return the product we will refund the tax, but we can never refund import duty.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7381 posts
8083 upvotes
Toronto
hightech wrote: I am ordering some Denso engine and cabin air filters for my Camry and see that the Fedex delivery (which is the cheapest) is around $14.48

Thanks
Rockauto any customs or duties?

@carmaster
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3382 posts
3367 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
You're pre-paying it so that's all you pay.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1564 posts
1313 upvotes
Toronto
I've noticed the prices on certain items and shipping have really gone up.
Don't know if this is because of inlation/covid or what.
Brakes and rotors actually ended up being cheaper to buy local for a 2011 Sonta.
Go figure.
Oct 4, 2010
690 posts
312 upvotes
Surrey
did you check the engine air filter price at toyota dealership? it was like $27 or so last time i checked, so might be better to just get the OEM. the OEM is a lot thicker/more filtering capabilities compared to the non OEM. i know from experience playing with different filters.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15553 posts
3857 upvotes
Toronto
matrixfwd wrote: did you check the engine air filter price at toyota dealership? it was like $27 or so last time i checked, so might be better to just get the OEM. the OEM is a lot thicker/more filtering capabilities compared to the non OEM. i know from experience playing with different filters.
I ordered the Denso cabin air filter and Denso engine air filter. Denso is the brand that Toyota uses as they own a portion of Denso. After shipping, taxes, it works out to being around $12.50 a filter which is less than 1/2 the dealer price. I also change the filters annually and check them out every 6 months.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Oct 4, 2010
690 posts
312 upvotes
Surrey
12.50 Would be a fair price. I was under the impression you were paying $50 for 1 engine and 1 CAF.

Although it's Denso , it won't be the same one produced for OEM. Let us know how it goes when you compare the 2 after receiving. I'm suspecting it will have less pleats.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1993 posts
1008 upvotes
Ontario
I find with RockAuto buying a pack of 6 filters etc is usually the best. I'll stock my filters for a year or two for all the vehicles here from them usually, or wait till I need other parts like brake pads etc... though you do need to move stuff around/pick different items to get them shipped from the same place to save shipping costs at times...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Feb 5, 2007
605 posts
159 upvotes
IcarusLSC wrote: I find with RockAuto buying a pack of 6 filters etc is usually the best. I'll stock my filters for a year or two for all the vehicles here from them usually, or wait till I need other parts like brake pads etc... though you do need to move stuff around/pick different items to get them shipped from the same place to save shipping costs at times...
Same
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1793 posts
2230 upvotes
Barrie, ON
fakejordan wrote: First timer here checking out RA. I'm price checking for Brake Pads/Discs Combo Kit.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus,2016,nx200t,2.0l+l4+turbocharged,3342440,brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor+&+brake+pad+kit,13824

I'm not 100% sure but are these prices for a set for Front/Rear or per? I think is a set. Can someone give me some insight?

Thanks in Advance!
If it states front or rear axle pack you'll get everything you need for the front or rear axle (2 rotors, set of pads). If it states front and rear (Like the centric pack at the bottom of the Economy section) you'll get everything for the front and rear (4 rotors, set of pads for both front and rear)

Selecting the info button will show you what's actually included.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2830 posts
626 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
If you are in the GTA, it might be cheaper to ship it to a package forwarder like CrossborderPickups or Shippsy for heavier items like brakes.