Expired Hot Deals

Rocket League turns Free to Play on September 23 (All Platforms)

Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4493 posts
882 upvotes
Scarborough
People still play Rocket League? I thought it was all about Fall Guys now?
Oct 2, 2015
511 posts
221 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Nice. Can't wait for all the smurfs to ruin my games
Nov 22, 2006
410 posts
164 upvotes
Trois-Rivières
Is PSN required or there's an offline mode ?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18200 posts
8056 upvotes
Oakville
sonajatt wrote: And why did I pay this for ?
I mean, unless you bought it in the last month or two since it was announced to be going F2P, presumably because you wanted to play it and buying it was the only way to do so?
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Nov 30, 2017
176 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Have been only playing Rocket League for the past ~ year whenever I have free time. Rich game with incredibly high skill ceiling and is skill based. Not to mention - most importantly - incredibly fun. Car soccer, do I need to say more? Esports scene is big and RL made it to the 2020 Olympics. Professional players are practically playing a completely different game from the view point of low casual players.  
Last edited by JKCanada on Sep 15th, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18200 posts
8056 upvotes
Oakville
JKCanada wrote: Have been only playing Rocket League for the past ~ year whenever I have free time. Rich game with incredibly high skill ceiling and is skill based. Car soccer, do I need to say more? Esports scene is big and RL made it to the 2020 Olympics. Professional players are practically playing a completely different game from the view point of low casual players.  
For real - seeing high level people play this game (and the occasional high level person that ended up getting matched with me and my buddies), it's absolutely RIDICULOUS how good they are. I played on and off casually for a year or two, but never really got the hang of "flying".
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jan 29, 2010
882 posts
617 upvotes
Toronto
Was googling it and it seems Rocket League will NOT require PS Plus to play online.

Gonna try it in this case. Haven't played online on PS consoles since Dark Souls 1 on PS3 (Loved dressing up as an NPC and just stand there in 1v1 mode to get them to find me :P).
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1443 posts
717 upvotes
Montreal
pcloadletter wrote: Should I buy now or wait for the price to drop?
You should just buy it now. You can wait and wait for a price drop, but who knows when that will happen, or what platform it will be.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
[OP]
Nov 8, 2018
40 posts
248 upvotes
Canada
1tallaznguy wrote: so its just free to play for the one day?
No, it's going to be turned into a Free to Play game indefinitely starting on Sept 23rd onwards
Mar 7, 2017
473 posts
196 upvotes
SynCrafterz wrote: No, it's going to be turned into a Free to Play game indefinitely starting on Sept 23rd onwards
oh wow, was going to buy it for the kids a month back, good thing i waited, free is good
[OP]
Nov 8, 2018
40 posts
248 upvotes
Canada
reyoasian wrote: No Steam?
Their website says "September 23 is also the day you'll find Rocket League available for download on its newest home: the Epic Games Store!" So it sounds like they could be taking it off steam for new downloads? Hard to say.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)