Expired Hot Deals

Rocket League turns Free to Play on September 23 (All Platforms)

Jan 20, 2018
115 posts
145 upvotes
So this is gonna be F2P on the PC platform?

The thread is unclear.
Jun 12, 2010
112 posts
253 upvotes
Magicwhistleca wrote: So this is gonna be F2P on the PC platform?

The thread is unclear.
Agreed, OP needs to add info about the price, the date, the game and platforms it runs on.
Jun 2, 2011
402 posts
394 upvotes
Takes like 5 seconds to Google it. Or read the thread comments...

FREE TO PLAY ON EXISTING PLATFORMS..... PS4, XBox One, Nintendo Switch, and Epic Games (PC).

If you want it via Steam, you gotta buy it. When F2P goes live it is only for PC on Epic Store, unless you bought it from Steam before Sept 23.
Dec 24, 2012
223 posts
307 upvotes
Terrebonne
powderskull wrote: Takes like 5 seconds to Google it. Or read the thread comments...

FREE TO PLAY ON EXISTING PLATFORMS..... PS4, XBox One, Nintendo Switch, and Epic Games (PC).

If you want it via Steam, you gotta buy it. When F2P goes live it is only for PC on Epic Store, unless you bought it from Steam before Sept 23.
So you're saying if I want the Steam version I'll have to buy it for free after september 23rd?
Jan 20, 2018
115 posts
145 upvotes
powderskull wrote: Takes like 5 seconds to Google it. Or read the thread comments...

Existing platforms includes PC? Man it’s just so confusing.
Oct 4, 2010
236 posts
193 upvotes
Torontoish
is there a consensus to which controller is best for PC? is it worth buying a full price $70 Xbox or PS4 controller when the new systems are out in a few months?
Aug 30, 2015
673 posts
355 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: safe to say they didnt take canadian weather into consideration, i mean calgary had snowfall in September before...
in many countries it can go over 35C during the whole winter, so...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2170 posts
811 upvotes
Toronto
Man. I have the physical version for the Swtich that comes with the Batmobile (Ultimate Edition). Any idea if I'll get something included after it goes free? I checked their website but I didn't see anything. Thanks.

I assume in order to use the Batmobile I would still need to use the cartridge but, again, I don't see any clarifications for this on their website.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18300 posts
8157 upvotes
Oakville
ds2chan wrote: Man. I have the physical version for the Swtich that comes with the Batmobile (Ultimate Edition). Any idea if I'll get something included after it goes free? I checked their website but I didn't see anything. Thanks.

I assume in order to use the Batmobile I would still need to use the cartridge but, again, I don't see any clarifications for this on their website.
They've got a pretty decent FAQ on the F2P page: https://www.rocketleague.com/free-to-pl ... o-play-faq

(tl;dr - as long as you played online before the announcement of it going F2P in July, you get a handful of stuff for being a "Legacy" player)
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2170 posts
811 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: They've got a pretty decent FAQ on the F2P page: https://www.rocketleague.com/free-to-pl ... o-play-faq

(tl;dr - as long as you played online before the announcement of it going F2P in July, you get a handful of stuff for being a "Legacy" player)
Thanks. I didn't check their FAQ page. I only checked their page with the announcement. I just thought everything would be explained there.

EDIT: Does anybody know if there is a way that I can just buy the car that I want? When I first bought the game I could go into the eShop and buy the car that I want (I think I bought like 5 of them) and some of the cars came with their own goal celebration. They updated the game last year and now you need blueprints in order to generate the car but it's a random blueprint that you get. Also, I'm totally confused on all of the menu items. I have no clue how to get the goal celebration that I want and some of the items I have gotten in gift boxes after the update can't be attached to the cars that I have for some reason. I don't get it. They didn't create any "how to" videos.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Dec 20, 2010
403 posts
334 upvotes
KarlDag wrote: So you're saying if I want the Steam version I'll have to buy it for free after september 23rd?
If you want the Steam version you'll have to buy it before it goes free, when it's free it's gone from Steam .
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18300 posts
8157 upvotes
Oakville
T_Ruff wrote: If you want the Steam version you'll have to buy it before it goes free, when it's free it's gone from Steam .
It's reportedly (earlier in the thread) already gone from Steam. Too late for anybody to buy it on Steam now.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)