None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12189 posts
1955 upvotes
Vancouver

Rocket League Xbox one?

I see a lot of good reviews. So it's free to play this weekend. Currently installing. It looks bizarre on first glance.

Anybody play this? Thoughts?

Thanks
13 replies
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
Best game of the past year.

I don't play on Xbox however.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12189 posts
1955 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh. I just played a few games it's pretty wild fun and kinda social although I have no idea how people chat while they play lol. It's like the game is on "speed" lol

Absolutely crazy. I got a bit dizzy and stopped. Maybe I can alter the view.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4606 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: Oh. I just played a few games it's pretty wild fun and kinda social although I have no idea how people chat while they play lol. It's like the game is on "speed" lol

Absolutely crazy. I got a bit dizzy and stopped. Maybe I can alter the view.
Make sure to use the Follow the ball view (can't remember, but I think you press Y to change views?) It makes it easier to follow the action.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12189 posts
1955 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh ok, gonna check that now. I really want to love this game but tbh it really messes with my brain and eyes. :( . I turned handshake off. Now I'll look for "follow the ball"
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6630 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
This game is ok ... but I don't find it anywhere exciting as everyone says it is. You drive cars around an arena and try and bounce a ball in the net. It's like a 5 min time waster here and there when you can't figure out what else to play or while your favorite online game is downloading it's latest 8GB update.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
Thousand hours in this game since release.

Can safely say it's better than anything else that has released in that same time frame.
Aug 20, 2009
8283 posts
3233 upvotes
Grimsby
raspeed wrote: This game is ok ... but I don't find it anywhere exciting as everyone says it is. You drive cars around an arena and try and bounce a ball in the net. It's like a 5 min time waster here and there when you can't figure out what else to play or while your favorite online game is downloading it's latest 8GB update.
Have to disagree. Its got a huge skill ceiling and matches can be incredibly fun when you're up against good opponents. Easy to play, hard to master. Great game.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3237 posts
576 upvotes
GTA
Surprised how much I love this game, been playing it all weekend.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12189 posts
1955 upvotes
Vancouver
No dizziness? Or nausea? I did. Too much spinning. Although it seems better when the ball view is on and hand shake off.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3220 posts
1772 upvotes
Burlington
I recently picked this up for PC and I don't understand why this isn't a $60 game. Replay value is exponentially higher than any other game I've played in a while. I don't remember the last time I had this much fun with a game.

My only complaint is that i'm terrible at it. I did well at physics in high school but the scoreboard really makes me question those grades.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
1005 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I purchased the game last month or so after a few of my gaming friends and I grew tired of NHL 16 for the evening. It's a fun game to play now and then when you want something light hearted and fun.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4606 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
This is one game that suffers from the "wait, one more..." syndrome, thanks to its short matches and addictive gameplay hooks.

I once played til 3AM on PS4 with a bunch of friends, and I didn't regret a single minute
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8433 posts
5249 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote: This is one game that suffers from the "wait, one more..." syndrome, thanks to its short matches and addictive gameplay hooks.

I once played til 3AM on PS4 with a bunch of friends, and I didn't regret a single minute
can't quit on a L, can't quit on a win streak