• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2018 12:16 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2009
208 posts
86 upvotes
Nation's Capital

All Rockport Store Closing by end of July in Canada and US

Got wind from my local Rockport store that all Rockport stores are closing by the end of July.
Most stores now have 50% off. Please note all sales are final.

I believe there was an earlier post for the store @[Woodside square] - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rockpor ... e-2202361/
24 replies
Mar 20, 2015
108 posts
38 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Shame, I always liked their shoes although they have always been on the very conservative side. I’m in the market for some fall boots though so I’ll have to take a look.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1097 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto
They used to make better shoes...I used to buy from them all the time then the style got ugly but still expensive
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4102 upvotes
Ottawa
I have a feeling they are a direct casualty of Sears closing. The design of their shoes fit the Sears demographic. When your main distribution channel dies...people find other places for shoes.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
11343 posts
4632 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Cas77 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 3:54 pm
I have a feeling they are a direct casualty of Sears closing. The design of their shoes fit the Sears demographic. When your main distribution channel dies...people find other places for shoes.
Not really.

Rockport used to be the only comfortable dress shoe in the business... As time moved on, Rockport slowly lost ground to other companies. To make matters worse, they started to cheapen out on their shoes causing them to loose market share in their sweet spot. If you ask anyone these days, Rockports aren't as comfortable as they once where.

Sears closing may have contributed in a small way but Sears Canada wasn't a big retailer in the past 20 years so not a big loss for Rockport.
Feb 24, 2018
242 posts
115 upvotes
I've been meaning to get a pair of Rockford's because I heard they're very reliable quality comfy walking shoes and the price isn't too high (generally around $100ish on sale) but every time I've gone, the shoes have been either really ugly or too dress-y, not really the type of thing to wear to uni. What's the replacement brand to get a shoe in this price range/quality nowadays? Clarks?
Apr 29, 2018
160 posts
78 upvotes
Florsheim makes some great shoes, super comfy and durable
Oct 27, 2009
447 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I've their slip on shoes with the Adidas adiprene and they are super comfortable
Jan 30, 2012
107 posts
76 upvotes
PHuth2 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 5:08 pm
I've been meaning to get a pair of Rockford's because I heard they're very reliable quality comfy walking shoes and the price isn't too high (generally around $100ish on sale) but every time I've gone, the shoes have been either really ugly or too dress-y, not really the type of thing to wear to uni. What's the replacement brand to get a shoe in this price range/quality nowadays? Clarks?
I'd like to hear some suggestions as well if anybody has some. My problem is I'm also a size 14, so that exacerbates the problem with finding decent business casual type shoes.
Jan 30, 2012
107 posts
76 upvotes
unstableconnection wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 5:13 pm
I have a pair of their Chukka boots. Good looking and extremely comfy.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8079 posts
883 upvotes
Gotta admit their styles seem to be stuck from the year 2000 to 2005 but some are decent and at 50 off now, there are some deals to be had.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15990 posts
3113 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase men's dress shoes that won't break the bank?

Having a hard time finding good shoes, didn't see anything good at Rockport, just plastic bottoms.
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1725 posts
785 upvotes
unstableconnection wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 5:13 pm
Didn't know they make wide fit as well at a reasonable price. thanks!
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
11343 posts
4632 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
nowitzki41 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 7:15 pm
I'd like to hear some suggestions as well if anybody has some. My problem is I'm also a size 14, so that exacerbates the problem with finding decent business casual type shoes.
Large sizes are typically easier to find cheap at anywhere that typically clears out shoes especially in comparison to a size 8. You can try looking at Ronsons - https://www.ronsons.ca/ - they typically have a good selection of 'non-popular sizes' at good prices. Here's what they have on sale in a size 14 - https://www.ronsons.ca/collections/mens ... esc&page=1