Rockports from Amazon not real leather

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2020 7:52 pm
[OP]
Feb 9, 2017
224 posts
298 upvotes

Rockports from Amazon not real leather

I have bought 3 pairs of Rockport shoes from Amazon (sold and shipped by Amazon). I bought them in 3 different occasions.

The prices are great and the description of all 3 says 100% leather upper. All 3 were not made with real leather upper. One pair looked so plasticy that I had to return it.
After the 3rd pair, I wrote a review saying that they are not 100% leather and that Amazon should examine their suppliers. The review was rejected by Amazon.

I would like to hear from others who bought Rockports from Amazon. Were you satisfied with your purchases? Were your shoes made of real leather upper or synthetic?
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
9984 posts
4271 upvotes
Vaughan
Want to buy real Rockpot, buy from Rockport's site.

Edit:
Amazon has market place service that has people sells counterfeit items. Prices are much lower, buy from real sites to get real things, also pay real prices.
Last edited by teoconca on Jul 6th, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Feb 9, 2017
224 posts
298 upvotes
teoconca wrote: Want to buy real Rockpot, buy from Rockport's site.

Edit:
Amazon has market place service that has people sells counterfeit items. Prices are much lower, buy from real sites to get real things, also pay real prices.
I am always wary of buying stuff from 'market place' sellers. That's why I stated in my post "sold and shipped by Amazon". I mean, if you can't trust Amazon, who can you trust?
[OP]
Feb 9, 2017
224 posts
298 upvotes
Becks wrote: Do the shoes state inside them that they r synthetic upper?
The label inside the tongue says "leather upper, balance man made".
Clearly, someone was being dishonest here.
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
237 upvotes
Montreal
Add it to the list of why #AmazonSucks
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
16783 posts
12013 upvotes
Toronto
dodgybackhand wrote: I have bought 3 pairs of Rockport shoes from Amazon (sold and shipped by Amazon). I bought them in 3 different occasions.

The prices are great and the description of all 3 says 100% leather upper. All 3 were not made with real leather upper. One pair looked so plasticy that I had to return it.
After the 3rd pair, I wrote a review saying that they are not 100% leather and that Amazon should examine their suppliers. The review was rejected by Amazon.

I would like to hear from others who bought Rockports from Amazon. Were you satisfied with your purchases? Were your shoes made of real leather upper or synthetic?
Becks wrote: Do the shoes state inside them that they r synthetic upper?
This
dodgybackhand wrote: I am always wary of buying stuff from 'market place' sellers. That's why I stated in my post "sold and shipped by Amazon". I mean, if you can't trust Amazon, who can you trust?
Buy from Rockport
dodgybackhand wrote: The label inside the tongue says "leather upper, balance man made".
Clearly, someone was being dishonest here.
Then they're leather. What proof do you have that they are not leather?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5748 posts
5419 upvotes
Vancouver
Bonded leather, probably.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6689 posts
6666 upvotes
Unless it says "top grain" or "full grain" leather, expect bonded leather.

Bonded leather is basically the hot dog of the leather world... it's made by shredding the leather scraps and mixing them with bonding chemicals.

Rockport has many different lines btw... some made with cheaper materials than others