Expired Hot Deals

Rockstar

Hot! Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode - $4.80 USD (Reg $39.99 USD)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 2:48 pm
Apr 23, 2015
281 posts
333 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I think that the Story Mode purchase is fully linked to the Epic store, so if you don't own a product there you won't be able to play at all if you reinstall later. So IMO if you want the game you should keep the Epic games RDR2 online mode. It think the workaround is more of a temporary hack that might or might not work.
Edit: Still a good deal at 15 or 16 cad, whatever it is.
Jan 12, 2007
273 posts
62 upvotes
Yea I did reach Rockstar support and they have to verify that I am the owner of the email address that I log in with before they look into this...anyway I will report back if anything comes of it but I'm not holding my breath since this may actually be a fix on their side to force you to keep the Epic Red Dead online so that it works together.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9059 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
First time playing and the open world is unreal. Just so much detail. I find myself looking forward to horse rides through to the destination more than the quest itself. Now if only I can keep myself alive by avoiding bounty hunters, gangs and crocodiles...
Sep 23, 2006
118 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
jinjam wrote: I had the same issue, had to uninstall the game from steam to fix it.
Uninstalled from Steam and now I just see in the launcher "Red Dead Online" in the "Now Available" section of the launcher and a "Buy Now" button on the page :(
Jun 4, 2017
18 posts
11 upvotes
deereal wrote: Uninstalled from Steam and now I just see in the launcher "Red Dead Online" in the "Now Available" section of the launcher and a "Buy Now" button on the page :(
I can't recall if its mandatory or not, but did you link your epic games account to rockstar account? When I go to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/ga ... 2/overview, it shows I own both story and online, when logged in to my rockstar account.
Sep 23, 2006
118 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
WOO HOO, finally got this resolved via the rockstar chat support...for some reason when I made the purchase of RDR2 storymode it was associated with another one of my emails, old rockstar account I rarely use. Now I login with the right email account the "Red Dead Redemption 2" shows up in the Rockstar Launcher and I can "Install" the game. Like someone mentioned about I had to uninstall my Steam instance of RDR2 Online, else I would see the "Play on Steam" button.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1035 posts
903 upvotes
Mooooonnn
I hope they have the price for ps
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Apr 23, 2015
281 posts
333 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
For me it didn't register as a separate purchase at all. It's fully linked to the Epic store purchase. I've read multiple people on Reddit that are reporting that the game has gone missing now for them since they refunded the original. I probably wouldn't have bought if I had known I had to keep RDR2 online, but it's still a great deal for what you get, even though it might be a long time before I play it.
Aug 11, 2014
869 posts
965 upvotes
flowerdealer wrote: For me it didn't register as a separate purchase at all. It's fully linked to the Epic store purchase. I've read multiple people on Reddit that are reporting that the game has gone missing now for them since they refunded the original. I probably wouldn't have bought if I had known I had to keep RDR2 online, but it's still a great deal for what you get, even though it might be a long time before I play it.
Can you link me the stuff you read on Reddit? I'm interested in reading more about it.
Apr 2, 2013
772 posts
821 upvotes
Barrie
Decided that with all the issues people are having I just rebought the RDR2 Online through Epic Games again lol $16 for the whole game is pretty awesome
Aug 14, 2010
108 posts
68 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
TheGuard wrote: Decided that with all the issues people are having I just rebought the RDR2 Online through Epic Games again lol $16 for the whole game is pretty awesome
It's amazing for online and story

Also I felt kinda grimy doing a refund, better to just keep it
Nov 25, 2013
238 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
TheGuard wrote: Decided that with all the issues people are having I just rebought the RDR2 Online through Epic Games again lol $16 for the whole game is pretty awesome
Yeah that's what I did as well lol
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1839 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
flowerdealer wrote: For me it didn't register as a separate purchase at all. It's fully linked to the Epic store purchase. I've read multiple people on Reddit that are reporting that the game has gone missing now for them since they refunded the original. I probably wouldn't have bought if I had known I had to keep RDR2 online, but it's still a great deal for what you get, even though it might be a long time before I play it.
That may be because people are keeping the initial EGS installation instead of re-installing under the Rockstar launcher. I can confirm mine still works without issue, but I did have to do a re-install.
Sep 1, 2008
267 posts
147 upvotes
flowerdealer wrote: Mine launches through Epic only.
If you still have online installed then yes. If you uninstall online from epic and reinstall from Rockstar you'll be able to launch directly from there.

I'm not sure why so many people are having issues with this.
May 8, 2018
65 posts
37 upvotes
Can anyone confirm if this is really 240GB combined on disk with both Story Mode and RDO like slickdeals says?
Apr 23, 2015
281 posts
333 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I did this and never got an option to reinstall on the Rockstar launcher.
Jun 28, 2021
276 posts
407 upvotes
CHINAdeals wrote: First time playing and the open world is unreal. Just so much detail. I find myself looking forward to horse rides through to the destination more than the quest itself. Now if only I can keep myself alive by avoiding bounty hunters, gangs and crocodiles...
RDR2 got me through the first pandemic winter. Riding through the wide-open spaces of the game helped cope with being cooped up. I think I spent weeks just wandering around in chapter 2, hunting and exploring, without doing any quests.
Nov 12, 2019
4 posts
2 upvotes
well i just tried this and my rockstar is linked with my epic and it wont let me install single player only

i followed the steps.

after uninstalling from epic moving and deleting the .egstore folder and going to install in rockstar, i only get the option "buy rdr2 online"

did i do something wrong? or is it patched?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)