Expired Hot Deals

Rockstar

Hot! Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode - $4.80 USD (Reg $39.99 USD)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 2:48 pm
Apr 23, 2015
105 posts
51 upvotes
CHINAdeals wrote: Few hours after the deal was posted. I was due for a full reinstall anyways. Was having trouble with the Rockstar launcher bugging out after it quit the game.
Interesting, I wonder why it still works for me. How did RDR appear in the rockstar launcher for you? Mine looks like this,

https://i.imgur.com/zJbksz5.png

I've already tried reinstalling a few days ago. Maybe I'll try again just to see if it still works or not.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9058 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
Rebellium wrote: Interesting, I wonder why it still works for me. How did RDR appear in the rockstar launcher for you? Mine looks like this,

https://i.imgur.com/zJbksz5.png

I've already tried reinstalling a few days ago. Maybe I'll try again just to see if it still works or not.
It was like that when everything was running. Instead today it said 'play on Epic'. I clicked that and an error message popping up saying that no copy of Red Dead Online is associated with this account.
Apr 23, 2015
105 posts
51 upvotes
CHINAdeals wrote: It was like that when everything was running. Instead today it said 'play on Epic'. I clicked that and an error message popping up saying that no copy of Red Dead Online is associated with this account.
They might get to everyone eventually. Did purchasing RDO fix the issue for you?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9058 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
Rebellium wrote: They might get to everyone eventually. Did purchasing RDO fix the issue for you?
Yup I'm back to normal. Save files were either still not deleted (even while uninstalling) or maybe to the cloud? Everything intact.

Still have a bug with the launcher though.
Mar 7, 2011
89 posts
57 upvotes
Terrebonne, Quebec
So, as of December 29, 2021, the deal for the story mode is still available. Important to note, my goal was never to buy from Epic, buy the Story Mode at discount, rename and copy over the directory, then refund my Epic purchase like so many others seem eager to do here (seems like a lot of trouble to get $10 refunded); rather, my goal was to get the Red Dead Redemption II story mode deal and then leave Red Dead Online purchased and present on my machine despite little desire to play it (with the discount THAT APPEARS ONLY WHEN VIEWING YOUR EPIC GAMES CART BTW, Red Dead Online cost me $9.76 CAD including tax in Quebec). Essentially, I bought Red Dead Online from Epic Games on the 26th of December, then downloaded it through the Epic Games Launcher (119gb, just confirmed), then launched the title, then from the front end main menu selected STORY MODE in the upper-right of the screen. I was then offered to purchase the story mode within the game interface (this cost me $7.32 CAD including tax in Quebec). From there, once you accept to purchase, a web browser opens in the background for you to confirm your payment (though PayPal in my case) and once the payment was complete, the in-game purchase interface went from blue in colour to green in colour, but oddly never transitioned automatically back to the main menu (as it said it would). Confirming my interface was now green in colour, I simply clicked on the X in the upper-right corner of the window to close this purchase confirmation window, and from there, story mode works! No additional download to do, no real trouble. Good for me, seeing as for anyone keeping note, at my download speed, downloading 120GB (largely with the machine running all day and night) it took me close to 3 days. Nonetheless, I held out on buying this game for years given that I wanted a decent price on it, and in the end, $17 CAD total is a price I'm willing to pay. Thank you OP for the original post, else I would have never known about this deal.
Images
  • combo.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
1543 posts
1079 upvotes
Seems that I am late to this thread. Is this deal still on? I have a huge backlog of games I am working through but this seems like a future classic.
Aug 25, 2011
110 posts
93 upvotes
Awesome deal for under $20 and runs like butter through Nvidia Gamestream from my PC to the Shield TV!

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2007
1056 posts
647 upvotes
RodneyDickson wrote: So, as of December 29, 2021, the deal for the story mode is still available. Important to note, my goal was never to buy from Epic, buy the Story Mode at discount, rename and copy over the directory, then refund my Epic purchase like so many others seem eager to do here (seems like a lot of trouble to get $10 refunded); rather, my goal was to get the Red Dead Redemption II story mode deal and then leave Red Dead Online purchased and present on my machine despite little desire to play it (with the discount THAT APPEARS ONLY WHEN VIEWING YOUR EPIC GAMES CART BTW, Red Dead Online cost me $9.76 CAD including tax in Quebec). Essentially, I bought Red Dead Online from Epic Games on the 26th of December, then downloaded it through the Epic Games Launcher (119gb, just confirmed), then launched the title, then from the front end main menu selected STORY MODE in the upper-right of the screen. I was then offered to purchase the story mode within the game interface (this cost me $7.32 CAD including tax in Quebec). From there, once you accept to purchase, a web browser opens in the background for you to confirm your payment (though PayPal in my case) and once the payment was complete, the in-game purchase interface went from blue in colour to green in colour, but oddly never transitioned automatically back to the main menu (as it said it would). Confirming my interface was now green in colour, I simply clicked on the X in the upper-right corner of the window to close this purchase confirmation window, and from there, story mode works! No additional download to do, no real trouble. Good for me, seeing as for anyone keeping note, at my download speed, downloading 120GB (largely with the machine running all day and night) it took me close to 3 days. Nonetheless, I held out on buying this game for years given that I wanted a decent price on it, and in the end, $17 CAD total is a price I'm willing to pay. Thank you OP for the original post, else I would have never known about this deal.
Hello my Quebec friend, I was planning to do the same as you. Does Epic show in your library as Read Dead Redemption Online? I wasn't 100% sure how it works. Thanks,
Jun 24, 2018
145 posts
46 upvotes
The ghetto
This only works for pc it seems. Would have bought it for the PS, if it was around that price.
Mar 7, 2011
89 posts
57 upvotes
Terrebonne, Quebec
moofachuka wrote: Hello my Quebec friend, I was planning to do the same as you. Does Epic show in your library as Read Dead Redemption Online? I wasn't 100% sure how it works. Thanks,
I had not paid attention if the title of my game had changed since I applied the Story Mode addon through the in-game interface, but in fact, as of this day in my Epic Games library, it appears as Red Dead Redemption 2 and nothing else.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
1543 posts
1079 upvotes
Can anyone confirm that this deal is still on? Specifically the upgrade path to the story mode. I already see that the coupons and pricing for online from Epic is still on ($8.49 for the online).
Jul 27, 2014
820 posts
645 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'm 85/122 GB into the download. Should know in an hour or so
Jul 27, 2014
820 posts
645 upvotes
Montreal, QC
fearex wrote: I'm 85/122 GB into the download. Should know in an hour or so
Still works
edit: after refunding, i couldnt manage to launch it in rockstar or epic
had to buy rd online again to make it work
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1419 posts
1420 upvotes
Airdrie
My story mode is still working fine after refunding online mode 10 days ago. Just put a few hours in, not sure why people are having issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3715 posts
1227 upvotes
Belle River
ahammad wrote: Can anyone confirm that this deal is still on? Specifically the upgrade path to the story mode. I already see that the coupons and pricing for online from Epic is still on ($8.49 for the online).
Yes does it all still work fine except maybe the refunding?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5119 posts
4547 upvotes
Toronto
mcwilly wrote: My story mode is still working fine after refunding online mode 10 days ago. Just put a few hours in, not sure why people are having issues.
I'm also not having issues since my online refund, but then, I have not tried uninstalling and re-installing either..
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
1543 posts
1079 upvotes
hystavito wrote: Yes does it all still work fine except maybe the refunding?
That's fine, I was going to skip that whole refund part anyway. It seems like way too much hassle.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3715 posts
1227 upvotes
Belle River
qwertyuiop101244 wrote: If only this worked on Xbox
If it doesn't have to be digital I think you can find a used disc copy pretty cheap, tried Kijiji?
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4680 posts
143 upvotes
Markham/GTA
Is it better to buy direct from Rockstar, so we don't have to launch Steam/Epic app to play?
Tangerine, FreedomMobile, GreatCanadianRebates, Rakuten, Coinbase, Shakepay, Stack

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)