Expired Hot Deals

Rockstar

Hot! Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode - $4.80 USD (Reg $39.99 USD)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 2:48 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1714 posts
686 upvotes
Montreal
I got the online version via epic and the story mode via rockstar. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled through the rockstar launcher, every time I restart my PC and open the rockstar launcher, it starts "installing" DirectX and VulkanG launcher anyone else having this issue?
Feb 6, 2021
6 posts
2 upvotes
Sorry for the stupid question but I can't find a clear answer online: what is Story Mode? Is that special RDR Online content, or is it just the same as the base, single player game?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1435 posts
1457 upvotes
Airdrie
paperfax wrote: Sorry for the stupid question but I can't find a clear answer online: what is Story Mode? Is that special RDR Online content, or is it just the same as the base, single player game?
If you already purchased the game in the past it likely included both, all console versions likely include both.

Rockstar decided to separate the two for some reason, so now you can buy one or the other online. This is the standard single player campaign of red dead for those not interested in online aspects.

But for this deal to work you have to buy the online version first from epic then buy the story through the in game store from Rockstar.

Depending on how computer savvy you are it might not be worth the effort, I think it was still under $30 if you decided to keep both.

Those of us that don't intend to play online refunded the online version and just kept the story for $6.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
1544 posts
1080 upvotes
mcwilly wrote: If you already purchased the game in the past it likely included both, all console versions likely include both.

Rockstar decided to separate the two for some reason, so now you can buy one or the other online. This is the standard single player campaign of red dead for those not interested in online aspects.

But for this deal to work you have to buy the online version first from epic then buy the story through the in game store from Rockstar.

Depending on how computer savvy you are it might not be worth the effort, I think it was still under $30 if you decided to keep both.

Those of us that don't intend to play online refunded the online version and just kept the story for $6.
Total cost was 8.49+6.26 CAD for both I think plus taxes.

Here is the thing though. I installed RDR2 Online on Epic, launched the game, and in the game there was a "story mode" toggle. I clicked that, and I got an option to buy the story mode, so I did that as well.

My Rockstar library only shows RDR2 Online, not RDR2, BUT, when I launch the game through Epic, the story mode works fine. I didn't need to do anything with moving files over or whatever. The option that used to say "buy story mode" just says "story mode" and when I clicked it, it launched the starting cut scenes (I didn't get past that because I am not ready to play just yet).

So I am wondering wtf is up with people switching launchers and moving game files around. Am I missing something here? Did Rockstar change the build to save us all the trouble?
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4050 posts
905 upvotes
ahammad wrote: Total cost was 8.49+6.26 CAD for both I think plus taxes.

Here is the thing though. I installed RDR2 Online on Epic, launched the game, and in the game there was a "story mode" toggle. I clicked that, and I got an option to buy the story mode, so I did that as well.

My Rockstar library only shows RDR2 Online, not RDR2, BUT, when I launch the game through Epic, the story mode works fine. I didn't need to do anything with moving files over or whatever. The option that used to say "buy story mode" just says "story mode" and when I clicked it, it launched the starting cut scenes (I didn't get past that because I am not ready to play just yet).

So I am wondering wtf is up with people switching launchers and moving game files around. Am I missing something here? Did Rockstar change the build to save us all the trouble?
Bc people are returning RDR2 Online
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
1544 posts
1080 upvotes
poorwingman wrote: Bc people are returning RDR2 Online
Aaaah gotcha. Well that trick doesn't work anymore anyway, so you get to save yourself the trouble if you do it now!
Oct 10, 2008
10 posts
12 upvotes
Terrace
Is this deal dead? I dont see the discounted price? :(
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
1544 posts
1080 upvotes
Rodimusp wrote: Is this deal dead? I dont see the discounted price? :(
Both discounted price and $14 coupon expired. It was active until yesterday (or was it this morning at 11? Can't remember)